FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

2 hours ago, Mylady said:

There's already a Edward in Radiant Dawn. He is a playable unit.

I  find Dudu somewhat stupid for a warrior, it remembers me children. It's used as an affectionate nickname for Eduardo in Brazil but never as a first name, still a possibility especially if they want to go with "menacing strong looking warrior who is sweet" trope, who knows...

I don't know how I forgot about RD Edward - I have played RD countless times.

It could get changed to something completely different, like Xander in Japan being Marx or Hayato being Tsukuyomi, as well as many others. I'm sure it'll fit well either way.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, they aren't above repeating names.

Like, Genealogy's Arthur was kept as Arthur in Awakening; but then Fates' Harold got renamed to Arthur. Sure, the former might not have been that quite well known back then or perhaps he was, though the name was still changed anyway despite being already taken, so to speak. Sure, it happens rarely; but it does.

So if Dodó here (I'll just call him like Clouseau's assistance for now) is really the nickname for Edward... well, c'est la vie.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

28 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, they aren't above repeating names.

Exactly. And they'll run out of name eventually and have to repeat anyway. A lot of names are simply alternate spellings of other names, or versions in other languages. So I don't mind smae names.

A bit late, but here's Jeralt's English profile from the Fire Emblem UK Facebook page:

(Link if above doesn't work)

In Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Jeralt is the protagonist’s father and former Captain of the Knights of Seiros. A skilled warrior, Jeralt is praised as the strongest knight in its history.

Following his departure from the Knights of Seiros and the passing of his wife, he has been travelling as the leader of a mercenary group. After saving students from bandits, Jeralt enlists in the Knights of Seiros once again.

Maybe we'll get Rhea/Rea/whatever's name sooner than we think ^^

Edited by VincentASM

Huh. Just realised that Jeralt and Byleth have the same symbol on their clothing, albeit Jeralt wears it on his chest and Byleth on his back. Wonder if it means/represents something?

Ah, this is kinda of lame, I was really eager to see a girl this time.

In the video, he seems way more flirty than I imagined him to be. Who would have thought :lol: I'm getting some Inigo/Virion vibes.

Edited by SushiCat

Glad she isn't called it! but at the same time sucks no new waifu reveals at all this week unless they do them on the weekends..... :( 

That being said Lorentz will be interesting guy's already HATED though lol.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

Sorry I'm late.  

Bio:  

[Golden Deer] Lorentz (CV: Watanabe Hiroshi)
The eldest son of the house of Duke Glostar. His snobby demeanor belies his serious nature, as he fully understands his responsibility as nobility.
It seems he has been approaching girls at a monastery, to little success.  

Second picture:  

"They're not quite responding to my advances... It seems they're avoiding me."  

Convo:  

"So you're the rumoured mercenary. You saved Claude's life, or something... You didn't need to butt in. I am Lorentz Helman Glostar. Remember that."  

Also, according to the Tweet, the flower on his chest is fake lol.

Okay, he's meant to be insufferable, then; that explains the design. I can dig that.

Also explains why he's the one they killed off to showcase the new turnwheel mechanic.

"They're not quite responding to my advances... It seems they're avoiding me."  

Gee, I wonder why. It's not like you come off as incredibly unattractive and snobby or something like that....

Also, I believe his surname of Glostar is likely to be localized as Gloucester, one of the names on the Fodlan map. It's interesting, because Lorentz is the first non-lord student to have a last name that is clearly visible on the map. Guess he's (or at least his family is) a real big shot in both Leicester and Fodlan. Maybe he's part of one of the four potential families in Leicester that owns a crest? Interesting either way.

Edited by SageOfAnys

3 minutes ago, escotanner said:

Hey guys, Nintendo just released the official site for Three Houses:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/anvya/index.html

Interesting that Jeralt and his mercenary group got their own section. Maybe tomorrow they’ll will reveal someone from Jeralt’s party and Sunday will reveal someone from the Church. 

3 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

Interesting that Jeralt and his mercenary group got their own section. Maybe tomorrow they’ll will reveal someone from Jeralt’s party and Sunday will reveal someone from the Church. 

That is really interesting. Guess Jeralt might not be dying early after all.

4 minutes ago, SushiCat said:

There's some neat clips for Byleth in their pages:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/anvya/pc/characters/main1.html

A voice sample as well.

Lol, the school bell is the FE theme. That's great.

The voicelines say:

1) "My body has... this much power?" (severe lack of context, this is my guess to what he means)

2) "Let's grow stronger together!"

They also released a new video under Byleth's section and voices for both male and female avatars. By the way, pay attention to the bell in the new video.

Edit: Oh Setsuna beat me to it.

Edited by escotanner