FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

32 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

Is Lorenz even a retainer? Because I don't believe I saw anything that says so really.

No, nothing in his profile suggests that he's Claude's retainer. If anything, going by Lorenz' dialogue and his status as a noble of a non-ruling house, he'd be more like Claude's rival. People are just assuming he's a retainer because Hubert and Doudou were also introduced this week, and they were servants/retainers of the house leaders.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, beat me to it because I can't figure out how to post tweets.

Regardless, glad we're not only getting student bios.

E: Also, I'd guess just one 'L' in Manuela.

Edited by egobarrier

Bio:
Manuela (CV: Kojima Sachiko)
A former songstress who stood at the pinnacle of the capital's Mittlefrank Opera Company. Now, she is a teacher and doctor at the Officer's Academy. She has often been seen at school lamenting that she has yet to meet the man of her dreams. She has a crude side to her, but she is good at taking care of others, and is friendly to the new teacher, the protagonist.

Second picture:

"Phew... Did I keep you waiting? I'm sorry, teacher." (She says "Sense", which I'm guessing is a slightly off "sensei", and I'm assuming she's saying this ironically).

Convo:

"Oh my, you've come, teacher". This is the doctor's office. If you get hurt or sick, come here immediately. ....Want some tea?"

1 hour ago, egobarrier said:

Aww, beat me to it because I can't figure out how to post tweets.

I paste the copied link into the search bar, then manually copy it from there.
Probably going to leave it to others from now on, no point in us all doing it at once

Anyway, imo she definitely looks like she's our femme fatale for this iteration.

1 hour ago, zuibangde said:

Is she our dancer/singer? Because I see the term ‘歌姫’ being used in her mini bio. I believe that term was also used for Azura.

Well we saw her cast fire magic in trailer 1, for what it's worth.

Edited by Cysx

22 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Well we saw her cast fire magic in trailer 1, for what it's worth.

With the whole anybody can become any class with no weapon limitations mechanic, I can see her being a dancer that can heal and cast magic. That would be pretty overpowered though and I’m not sure how they can balance that.

Also I feel like the whole part about finding a man of her dreams indicates the possibility of S Supports.

Edited by zuibangde

So she's an Adrestian, then? The Mittlefrank Opera Company seems to be based in the "imperial capital", although I guess it's entirely possible she was just working there and can be from somewhere else.

I'm loving that we're getting information about stuff like flowers and music from the various regions so far. 

She sure seems like an accomplished person, having gone from an opera singer to a doctor and teacher. Not too fond of the orange makeup nor that they bring up that she hasn't found a husband yet, but hopefully that won't overstay its welcome.

Yeah, Manuella's definitely gonna be the lady in this game that all the boys (and some girls) in the fandom will be pining for.  Practically everything about her screams femme fatale.

Orange isn't a bad color on her.  Then again, it is one of the primary colors of one of my favorite characters in the series, so I might be biased.

36 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

With the whole anybody can become any class with no weapon limitations mechanic, I can see her being a dancer that can heal and cast magic. That would be pretty overpowered though and I’m not sure how they can balance that.

She can only do one of those things in a single turn.  Unless there's some weird form of canto in this game or there's a second refresher unit in the game, which I doubt.  Given that most dancers in the series can already fight (and some of them, such as Feena, are even extremely good at it), I don't see how having that ability in magic form and also having the ability to staffbot is all that OP.  Heck, that's technically already been a thing thanks to Mystery of the Emblem and Echoes in the form of the Again/Anew spell existing for clerics.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

"Oh my, you've come, teacher". This is the doctor's office. If you get hurt or sick, come here immediately. ....Want some tea?"

I know invitations to cafes and restaurants is a common advance, but I can't help but think of Inigo and Soleil when I hear this.

If S-supports are a thing and I'm able to, I almost want to pair her with Lorenz.  Both are very eager to find a match.  Of course, seemingly being high class as she is, Manuella might not find Lorenz up to her standards.

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

so, if she ended up being a cougar would she be fire emblem's first, I don't recall any in the games I've played.

I mean... Reina and Nyx from Fates are older than most of the characters and can marry the obviously much younger avatar (Nyx can even marry those as young as Hayato).  And Cecilia - a full adult woman - is a possible marriage candidate for Roy - a mere adolescent.

But Manuella could be the first older woman to actively pursue a relationship with someone younger.  Though at the same time, maybe her list of candidates are reserved strictly for other members of the faculty or those close to her age, so maybe not.  I know there's a female character that looks for the inverse - Genny, who actually outright says she's into older men.

latest?cb=20161225083048

Same energy? I'm getting Persona 4 vibes from her, honestly. Although Manuela sounds like a very accomplished person whereas Kashiwagi was portrayed as a one-note character.

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

latest?cb=20161225083048

Same energy? I'm getting Persona 4 vibes from her, honestly. Although Manuela sounds like a very accomplished person whereas Kashiwagi was portrayed as a one-note character.

and so the pendulum swings back to persona once again. 

6 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Manuella's

7 hours ago, Cysx said:

Manuella

Nvm

Edited by Nanima

29 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Where are you getting the double Ls from? Transliterating her name gives us just Manuera, which lines up perfectly with the Spanish/Portuguese name Manuela. Until we get the official English name, we should still assume the default spelling of the name.

Anyway, i like her so far. Hope her character gets more complex than the christmas cake archetype though.

I think I got it confused with the name "Manuelle", but yours is probably the right version. I edited it.

Now that my drool has subsided(for now)

I can easily speculate:

-She'll be our first multi-path character: seeing as she has a focus part in that short clip plus runs an infirmary building which obviously will be use no matter which path you pick (probably be put next to Rhea on the JP site) she'll likely possibly be this games refresher similar to Azura(the mustached teacher is also a multi-path character).

-The infirmary is a new building: obviously a given I'm guessing to fix a characters mood meter if so it might be more limited to keep it from being broken and might not be usable at certain times/days.

-She'll be a Sonya depth character: after Sonya being the recent "femme fatale" character with a good character I see her follow suit especially with her backstory already peeked me already!

-She'll be Avatar romancable only(Male Byleth): sorry to some not liking this popular feature but it's likely here that being said I like that Byleth(at least to me which I don't see anyone else says but) they are very balance in young/older looking protagonist. What I mean is young enough around the other students age range(although some students we got breaks this a bit) and old enough for the other maturer looking characters. She doesn't look the type to go with other students since she a bit more older and to me she's looks like a Reina character but younger so that's that.

-Mustache teacher is also Avatar romancable only(Female Byleth): This is also very obvious I know what some are thinking but if Female Corrin can get it on with Gunter(conquest), Yukimura(birthright) and Fuga this is nothing I'm sure they'll be more younger mature characters for female players if he doesn't strike their fancy.

-Mustached teacher has his own building too: I feel this is a given but what he'll do is still unknown for now.

That's all I got!

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

I mean, I guess the outfit works for a songstress? I'd be interested to know how someone went from popular singer to doctor at the single most important location at the continent though. Seems like a bit of a career jump.

Manuela looks great <3 And I like the little backstory we got about her. I do hope we get to learn more about it through supports or something.

Also now that I'm thinking about it....she totally looks like someone who would be a opera singer lol.

Edited by Rose482