FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

12 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I'm half wondering if Hanneman is gonna be the secretly evil teacher like those ones in Harry Potter, but they can't be that obvious, right? Then again, they aren't really trying to hide Rhea's sinister side. Still, it could be reverse psychology, so I'll just sit back and see how it all goes...

At the least, I feel like he has an "evil scientist" or maybe just "misguided genius" kind of side. When he lets slip that he wants an organic sample from the protagonist. I just dunno if they're playing it for comedy or playing it straight. He does seem genuinely knowledgeable and excited to share his knowledge about the crests though.

Ah yes, it was super creepy ! D: If we have support-dialogs with him, it'll definitely be "Why were you in my bedroom last night with a scalpel".

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Clathy said:

Ah yes, it was super creepy ! D: If we have support-dialogs with him, it'll definitely be "Why were you in my bedroom last night with a scalpel".

"How many times do we have to teach you this lesson old man!'

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Until now I thought that the crests where physical objects not floating symbols. How exactly how one finds crest in a person? It's not like FE4 where major blood users are the only one that can life special weapons.

Well, obviously there is some magical component as crests enable one to use special abilities sometimes. Perhaps one ability to to project that image, as other magic (maybe by checking blood) can be used to detect them.

Edited by NekoKnight

6 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

"You've already heard about it, I presume. It seems they're doing mock battles between classes. That side, I'm not making much progress in my research regarding your Crest... Your flesh... No, your blood is fine. Leave a few drops there."

This is a pretty small detail, but I noted that Hanneman mentioned that the students of each house are holding battles against each other, and in the way that he speaks of it slightly negatively--since he directs it to Byleth as if it was a widespread rumor--this probably foreshadows the eventual breakout of war among the Houses. One could say that they're having "practice" matches, but why then would a teacher that's supposed to be instructing the arts of war be looking down upon it? In my eyes, the only reason he'd be placing it under a negative light would be if the students are really having fights between each other-- and if they're already having complications with others in the Academy, who's to say it can't go into a more widely-scaled conflict, like war?

Yet again, this is just a tidbit of dialogue that I may be reading into far too much :')

6 hours ago, zuibangde said:

This whole crest thing makes me wonder if a mechanic like dragon veins from Fates will be back.

From the sound of this:

"Now, let's start with what Crests are. ...Crests, are power. In the distant past, it's said that the goddess granted them to humans, embedding them in their bodies, and passed down through blood. Those with Crests might have strong magical powers, or durable bodies, and such... The various Crests correspond to various powers, powers that surpass humanity.

Specifically after reading the bolded part, it very much sounds like Genealogy's Holy Blood rather than Dragon Veins.  Then again "powers that surpass humanity" could not only refer to boosts in abilities but also Dragon Vein-esque abilities, so maybe it's a hybrid of the two.  If that's the case though then crests are broken as shit.

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

What is that D rank at the left of the screen, by the way?

That's the Instructor Level. It's needed to boost your activity-based gauges.

Also, the current season is "Emerald Rain", which apparently means "Spring Rain". That said, it's the 8th month (or is it the 10th?), which seems far from Spring. So maybe it means something else. Aha, "Rain on Young Leaves".

EDIT

The purple gauge is the Stroll Gauge. There's a third gauge, the Venture Gauge (for something fighting-related).

Edited by VincentASM

7 hours ago, User name said:

Who said that Nemesis's faction was evil?  Or Seiros's was good?

I think after church won the war they painted Nemesis faction as heretics who raised against the "good" benevolent goddess.

History is written by the victors,after all.

Why would they put "heretics" on their mural, even above some ten heroes then? Wouldn't they be wiped out from the history?

The thing I'm most curious about is what Byleth is actually doing with her Crest. The conversations and cutscenes we've seen so far have hidden the HUD, but it's on full display here, so I don't think she's merely showing to someone. In that case it suggests she's using it to interact with her environment in some way, which is rather curious.

Idk she might be showing to to Hannemann? Since it seems all crest welders are able to project their crest in light, like how Edelgard showed the Black Eagles in Trailer 2. As Hannemann is interested in Byleth's crest she may project it to show it to him.

2 hours ago, Timlugia said:

Why would they put "heretics" on their mural, even above some ten heroes then? Wouldn't they be wiped out from the history?

Maybe that’s why nobody recognizes Byleth’s crest?

18 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Idk she might be showing to to Hannemann? Since it seems all crest welders are able to project their crest in light, like how Edelgard showed the Black Eagles in Trailer 2. As Hannemann is interested in Byleth's crest she may project it to show it to him.

I think you're missing my point. Yes, I am sure Hanneman would be interested in seeing it and I'm not surprised it's project-able since we've seen Edelgard doing it. The point I was trying to make is that if this was only to show it to him they could have just kept it part of a conversation scene, like

"Can you try projecting your crest?"

>>Project crest

"Magnificent! Let's dissect--er, discuss things further."

But that's not all that's happening here. You can see the calendar, the map, etc. on the screen when those have always been hidden during conversations, so they're actually giving you some kind of "Press A to use crest"-ability in the overworld. Even if this specific scene turns out to just be showing it to Hanneman, there's little reason for making it an overworld action unless you can do it elsewhere at some point, and in that case I'm curious what that might mean.

3 hours ago, Timlugia said:

I can see a scenario when after the war the church started hunting down and eliminate everyone who had a conetction to Nemesis and his crests faction.

So they 'banished" them essentially, and the surviving descendants could serve as antagonist's of sorts.

And the reason mural still has those crests could be a memento/reminder of what happens to those who dares to defy church of seiros.

Edited by User name

1 hour ago, User name said:

I can see a scenario when after the war the church started hunting down and eliminate everyone who had a conetction to Nemesis and his crests faction.

So they 'banished" them essentially, and the surviving descendants could serve as antagonist's of sorts.

And the reason mural still has those crests could be a memento/reminder of what happens to those who dares to defy church of seiros.

The problem here is that both the Church and the mural were clearly built after the war, not before they split. Yet the other ten crests are on the mural.

It's like seeing Judas Iscariot being kept in the same, or even higher level than other Apostles in a Christian church painting

3 hours ago, egobarrier said:

I think you're missing my point. Yes, I am sure Hanneman would be interested in seeing it and I'm not surprised it's project-able since we've seen Edelgard doing it. The point I was trying to make is that if this was only to show it to him they could have just kept it part of a conversation scene, like

"Can you try projecting your crest?"

>>Project crest

"Magnificent! Let's dissect--er, discuss things further."

But that's not all that's happening here. You can see the calendar, the map, etc. on the screen when those have always been hidden during conversations, so they're actually giving you some kind of "Press A to use crest"-ability in the overworld. Even if this specific scene turns out to just be showing it to Hanneman, there's little reason for making it an overworld action unless you can do it elsewhere at some point, and in that case I'm curious what that might mean.

Maybe the monastery will have secret passages, and the further into the game you are, the more you can use the power of your crest to open them up (a la Dragon Veins).

16 hours ago, Thane said:

"Why can Alm, who is a commoner, wield the Royal Sword?"

Jokes aside, i wonder if they'll actually do something like "Byleth IS descended from nobility but that family lost their nobility status centuries ago". It'd be a pretty interesting twist and yeah, FE is no stranger to "lost nobility" but it's usually not important.

It'd explain why Byleth's Crest is unknown too. Whoever the ancestors were, when they lost their noble status, they effectively lost their place in history and eventually, nobody remembered them.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Jokes aside, i wonder if they'll actually do something like "Byleth IS descended from nobility but that family lost their nobility status centuries ago". It'd be a pretty interesting twist and yeah, FE is no stranger to "lost nobility" but it's usually not important.

It'd explain why Byleth's Crest is unknown too. Whoever the ancestors were, when they lost their noble status, they effectively lost their place in history and eventually, nobody remembered them.

I'd be down for it being a case of the bloodline of a family long ago forsaken.  Just as long as it isn't just simply "oh hey, you actually do have holy lineage" and they leave it at that (or they make it worse by making Byleth's real parents effectively ditch them in some random village/town for some grand scheme), because that's uninspired and that kind of unexplained plot device BS is almost always at least one reason any given FE story is worse than it could be.

I could see them being elaborate in a good way on this because they've already been doing so much more worldbuilding than they did in the last non-remake game.  But who knows for sure?

In any case, I have a dumb joke: "Why do these developers, who are not good writers, make the stories for Nintendo games?"  Not referring to this games writers unless it turns out this game is really poorly written.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Maybe they'll pull a Celica in which Byleth was being hunted which resulted in their mother getting killed and their father leaving the Knights to protect their child.

2 hours ago, escotanner said:

Maybe they'll pull a Celica in which Byleth was being hunted which resulted in their mother getting killed and their father leaving the Knights to protect their child.

Interesting theory. Perhaps Byleth's lineage lost it's nobility as the result of some conspiracy (either by the church of some other power) and the conspiracy's goal is to wipe out all traces of that particular bloodline. So it'd be a bit problematic for them if someone who carries that blood is still alive and kicking. Perhaps Byleth's mother is also descended from this mysterious bloodline and that's why she died.

I will say, regardless of what ends up happening, i have a feeling Byleth's Crest is the Fire Emblem of Fodlan.