FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Some part of me thinks that Mercedes is going to die. She has the dead Anime mom hairdo. Going to need more than a backstory to be interested in her.

Her last name also sounds like "Martyr", and she seems having no crest, probably have powerful enemies.

RIP Mercedes.

35 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

@LalaPony From the looks of your picture, it looks like Casper is going to be like the recruits from FE8 and/or Donnel and Mozu from Awakening and fates. 

Just in case, from what we know, the protagonist and every student all start off in the Noble/Commoner class, which is this game's trainee class.

Mercie's past will definitely have some sort of dark tones I think, it makes sense that her experiences in Adrestia forcing her to move to Faerghus without a noble title give help her a more mature outlook on life, forcing her to grow up fast. As for the kind of experiences, I don't know, maybe something to do with the Crest Mercie might have or some kind of issue in the magic school she was at in Adrestia?

Mercedes seems like she may have come from a family in Adrestia that had debts to another family in Faerghus. That’s like the only thing that pops up in my head.

Given the details regarding her relationship with her, I think she and Annette will be magic users. Mercedes will be Faith with Sword specialty (!) and Annette will be pure Reason.

12 hours ago, Rose482 said:

D7Jm2XaV4AAfFD2.png?width=375&height=375

She looks way too angelic to be anything like Camilla, don't insult her like that. 

If I had to decide which of Camilla or Mercedes would wake me up via a knife to the back, I'm going with Mercedes.  Camilla is honest enough to stab me in the chest while I'm awake!

I feel like she has that hidden side, just like Claude.  Hopefully I'm wrong, and she isn't a yandere.

4 hours ago, TheWildestCat said:

@LalaPony From the looks of your picture, it looks like Casper is going to be like the recruits from FE8 and/or Donnel and Mozu from Awakening and fates. 

So in other words, because it looks like he's picking an axe-fighter class, he's going to be Ross, AKA, the only good trainee in Sacred Stones.

But yeah, what Vince said, all the playable characters we've seen will essentially be a trainee.  I'd actually draw comparisons more to the villagers in Valentia because they all had a variety of class options to pick from the villager class, whereas the trainees and villagers in later games were relatively limited.  Though it seems Three Houses trainee units will be functionally different from even that.

I'm wondering how much there going to reveal before the main launch. I hope they don't reveal too much of the cast like how Pokemon Sun and Moon revealed too many Pokemon, I want to be surprised.

11 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

I'm wondering how much there going to reveal before the main launch. I hope they don't reveal too much of the cast like how Pokemon Sun and Moon revealed too many Pokemon, I want to be surprised.

Well, they're likely revealing pretty much all of the known House members at the least.

14 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

I feel like with how they're going, all the eight members of each house will be revealed.  They've already got four of eight revealed from Black Eagles and Blue Lions, and I'm pretty sure they'll do the fourth of eight from Golden Deer this Friday as well.  And after this week, there's still well more than four weeks left to go before the game releases.

50 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Pretty much all 8 members of each house is guaranteed to be revealed and we're likely getting brand new characters on the weekends by the time we're up to the last remaining 3 in late June. We MIGHT get some exclusive route characters after all members are done or snippets of gameplay features that's gonna be in to replace the time slots. I like this, I get to know every character a small bit before release which adds more excitement and hype!

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

13 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I assume that this is from the sparring match in the monastery. The map looks pretty crowded with the major option available is brute forcing the enemy. Graphically is a whole other story. 

Yeah, that's for sure a mock battle. Graphically ist okay too, but the mini map umin the right corner throws me off kinda

20 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

Now that it's the Golden Deer's turn, which student is gonna be revealed next?

If I had to bet money, probably either Raphael or Leonie. Probably Raphael if I had to give an "official" guess. 

Edited by Sentinel07

The next student to be revealed will probably be either Raphael or Ignace, to follow the guy-girl-guy pattern. Hopefully one of them will be a commoner this time, as I find it kind of funny that the house that supposedly has more commoners than the rest has only introduced nobles so far. Though I'm more interested in next week's character, as Leonie has my favorite character design so far and we've hardly seen the other two. 

19 minutes ago, Calico said:

The next student to be revealed will probably be either Raphael or Ignace, to follow the guy-girl-guy pattern.

Well, at some point they'll have to deal with the fact that the Deer have more girls left than guys, so even if there is a guy-girl pattern they'd like to follow the Deer are going to mess it up sooner or later. Getting it out of the way this week would leave them with an equal number of each gender left in each house, so I think Leonie (or the other girls, but probably Leonie) still has a strong shot...

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

If I had to bet money, probably either Raphael or Leonie. Probably Raphael if I had to give an "official" guess. 

...but since everyone expects it and that's a boring bet, I'm going to live wildly and bet my imaginary internet dollars on Marianne.

Edited by egobarrier

7 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I assume that this is from the sparring match in the monastery. The map looks pretty crowded with the major option available is brute forcing the enemy. Graphically is a whole other story. 

That doesn't really match with Byleth being promoted. I also doubt that this is taking place in the monastery itself, if I had to guess, the city we saw along the lower walls seem more logical to me. That's also a lot of sword users facing you.
Plus we already saw several shots of you fighting characters from other houses in the wooded environment.

Honestly they're predictable so I'm not expecting any patterns so if a guy gets reveal tommorow I'll say Raphael, if a girl gets reveal tommorow I'm guessing either Leonie or Marianne. I'm more excited for Saturday since I feel this is gonna be interesting who gets revealed.

7 hours ago, egobarrier said:

Well, at some point they'll have to deal with the fact that the Deer have more girls left than guys, so even if there is a guy-girl pattern they'd like to follow the Deer are going to mess it up sooner or later. Getting it out of the way this week would leave them with an equal number of each gender left in each house, so I think Leonie (or the other girls, but probably Leonie) still has a strong shot...

???

Doesn't Golden Deer have an equal number of guys and girls? Claud, Raphael, Lorenz, and Ignace vs. Leonie, Hilda, Lysithea and Marianne. 

Edited by Calico