FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

5 minutes ago, Calico said:

???

Doesn't Golden Deer have an equal number of guys and girls? Claud, Raphael, Lorenz, and Ignace vs. Leonie, Hilda, Lysithea and Marianne. 

They do, but they've only tweeted about 1 girl compared to 2 guys. If it's not one of the girls this week, there will be 1 guy and 3 girls left while the others have 2 of each.

Edited by BastienSoul

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

They do, but they've only tweeted about 1 girl compared to 2 guys. If it's not one of the girls this week, there will be 1 guy and 3 girls left while the others have 2 of each.

Very true it needs to balance them since they'll be the only side to possibly be imbalance.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

@BastienSoul Okay, I see what you mean. Though that doesn't mean that they're going to introduce a girl this week. They could just do two girls in a row at the end. (Though now that you've pointed out the possibility, I do hope we get a girl this week).

6 minutes ago, WolfWind said:

A bit off topic but very quickly, but is Ignace a male or a female? If she is a girl then that would balance out the guy/girl ratio.

I believe Ignace is a male, based on the name of the character.

7 minutes ago, The Real MC said:

I believe Ignace is a male, based on the name of the character.

4 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Lol Ignace is male XD

While you're probably right, a part of me wonders if we're getting a reverse Forrest situation where it's actually a girl but based on identity issues, they dress like a male student. Ignace sure looks androgynous.

8 hours ago, User name said:

The biggest plot twist would be if both Raph and Leonie are NOT commoners!

Hmm... honestly, I could see at least one of them as a noble, but I can't see both of them being nobles.

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

While you're probably right, a part of me wonders if we're getting a reverse Forrest situation where it's actually a girl but based on identity issues, they dress like a male student. Ignace sure looks androgynous.

They've all but confirmed Ignace to be male.

And yet, if it is a "reverse Forrest situation", I can imagine some interesting possibilities with what they could do with the character.

I don't why the guy/girl ratio not being balanced is so weird to some people. Like literally every single FE game to date doesn't have a balanced gender ratio, and FE16 would most likely follow that trend. 

19 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Just in case, from what we know, the protagonist and every student all start off in the Noble/Commoner class, which is this game's trainee class.

I think I understand it. We still don't have much info yet. Though I think Casper might be a special commoner class that is similar to the trainee classes from the other FE games. Like I said not enough info. 

2 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

I think I understand it. We still don't have much info yet. Though I think Casper might be a special commoner class that is similar to the trainee classes from the other FE games. Like I said not enough info. 

Based on what? He looks to be treated the same as all the other students thus far, am I missing something?

7 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

I don't why the guy/girl ratio not being balanced is so weird to some people. Like literally every single FE game to date doesn't have a balanced gender ratio, and FE16 would most likely follow that trend. 

Fates and Awakening had fairly balanced gender ratios to facilitate shipping/eugenics so it's a reasonable trend to assume will continue. Before these titles, the cast was more slanted towards males.

Just now, TheWildestCat said:

Caspar was indirectly confirmed to be a noble by Dorothea's bio. I'm not sure why you think he would have a special class though.

Leonie looks tough as nails so I doubt she'll be nobility(the jumper round her waist says a lot but she could be an Arya Stark type). Raphael I could totally see in the same situation where he is the only son of a Leicester Lord but he doesn't do the noble stuff. But since Leicester apparently has more commoners and we've seen 3 nobles so far I think Leonie, Raphael and Ignace are all commoners, Lysithea and Marianne look too noble to be Commoners, out of the two I could see Lysithea as more likely to be a Commoner, going off her hair if nothing else.

2 hours ago, TheWildestCat said:

Why would you think that. We've had plenty of information on the subject. Every student plus Byleth start out as Nobles or Commoners (Tier 0 classes) Then as they gain levels they can take exams to change into other higher classes. Level 5 unlocks the tier 1 classes like Myrmidon and Fighter, Level 10 unlocks tier 2 classes like Mercenary and Cavalier. There is no reason for Caspar to be special because everyone starts of in the same situation as him.

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Leonie looks tough as nails so I doubt she'll be nobility(the jumper round her waist says a lot but she could be an Arya Stark type). Raphael I could totally see in the same situation where he is the only son of a Leicester Lord but he doesn't do the noble stuff. But since Leicester apparently has more commoners and we've seen 3 nobles so far I think Leonie, Raphael and Ignace are all commoners, Lysithea and Marianne look too noble to be Commoners, out of the two I could see Lysithea as more likely to be a Commoner, going off her hair if nothing else.

Then again I thought Petra was gonna be a commoner over Dorothea since she doesn't strike me as a noble from first appearance. I wouldn't mind another possible tough as nails noble in Leonie would be refreshing.

I guess this is the right place to post this - does anyone find it a bit odd that we haven't seen the stat/equipment screen yet? Will there be one? I assume so since the only reason there wasn't one in the 3DS games was because of the touch screen, but I kinda miss it and I'm sure it'll be back.

42 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I guess this is the right place to post this - does anyone find it a bit odd that we haven't seen the stat/equipment screen yet? Will there be one? I assume so since the only reason there wasn't one in the 3DS games was because of the touch screen, but I kinda miss it and I'm sure it'll be back.

Stat/Equipment screen? What do you mean?

I can't remember if we've seen a stat screen yet, but it looks like you can view a character's equipment by clicking on either attack or items.

Spoiler

OZVHkR0.jpg

AFLTZRx.jpg

Was this what you were looking for?

Edited by Calico

9 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

I don't have a screenshot, but I think April's Famitsu article had a screenshot that mentioned a button for viewing the character data. I think it was X? And locking in all enemy range was ZL or something like that.

One of those yeah that still correlates with the menu UI part.

On the topic of UI did we ever find out what those red lines were? I haven't actually looked for them in other footage I just assumed they're still there, is the common theory still aggro lines?