FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

3 hours ago, Cysx said:

There is also another tweet right beneath, that (likely)introduces Edelgard.

At work so this is a sloppy translation, but:

Edelgard (and voice actress) 

The princess and heiress apparent of the long-standing Adrestian Empire. She leads the Black Eagles as its class representative. 

With a cold air of nobility and dignity, she calmly ascertains her surroundings and other people. 

Gotta get back to work, but the "long-standing" is an awkward translation because in Japanese it's literally "The large country which has history, the Adrestian Empire's princess... ", which sounds a bit weird in English and you need to rephrase it. Also, 威厳 has several different meanings, so I went with "dignity" even though it could also be majesty, solemnity, or gravity, according to my dictionary. 

(Does ascertain sound awkward in English? Judge can have negative connotations so I avoided using that word just in case). 

Edited by Thane

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Thane said:

At work so this is a sloppy translation, but:

Edelgard (and voice actress) 

The princess and heiress apparent of the long-standing Adrestian Empire. She leads the Black Eagles as its class representative. 

With a cold air of nobility and and dignity, she calmly ascertains her surroundings and other people. 

Gotta get back to work, but the "long-standing" is an awkward translation because in Japanese it's literally "The large country which has history, the Adrestian Empire's princess... ", which sounds a bit weird in English and you need to rephrase it. Also, 威厳 has several different meanings, so I went with "dignity" even though it could also be majesty, solemnity, or gravity, according to my dictionary. 

(Does ascertain sound awkward in English? Judge can have negative connotations so I avoided using that word just in case). 

Now I know your Reddit name

While I liked Anna's 3D- and My Room models from Fates, I never really fancied her portrait (her face is too rounded, and this is the same reason why I do not particularly like her in Heroes.) In this iteration, however, I find her attractive, even though I would have preferred her hair in a brighter red tone.

Very awesome! so I'm guessing next will be Dimitri, Claude, maybe Jeralt then finally into unknown territory with the other characters and new features(which I'm waiting for the most!).

Nintendo of America's twitter has been posting the little character blurbs too. For Edelgard, it says:

Edelgard is the imperial princess in #FireEmblem: Three Houses, heir to the throne of the Adrestian Empire and house leader of the Black Eagles. She has a dignified, high-minded, solemn air about her, and she coolly evaluates her surroundings and those around her before she acts.

So pretty much the same as the JP twitter. Unfortunately, we don't get any voiced clips, which is a shame.

This is my new favorite Anna! She's so pretty and I like that her ponytail is longer and more flowy. Her outfit is good too!

Also, cool footage, Byleth and Bylese have some moves. :P

Another thing, I've realized Edelgard looks like Emily Proctor. She's an actress from CSI Miami. Plays Calleigh Duquesne on the show. Both have similar faces and bleach blonde hair. The resemblance is so funny.

Edited by Anacybele

18 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

The new Anna design makes me think about how Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny always had some appearances changed as the series went on. Now Anna has a rather drastic new look. But... is Jake going to exist?

Most likely not as usual

10 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

But... is Jake going to exist?

As the unnamed janitor who cleans up after the currently not revealed character Lowain barfs up after foolishly being dared to eat 20 of the school cafeteria's Boiling Bolganone Beef Bowls.

I get Jake has never been as "important" as Anna, he never appeared in Thracia, Binding, SS nor Tellius, and was left out of old Mystery, but I think he deserves a return. Awakening really should've had him after SD and NM alike had him, but giving Anna a lover would have meant you as Robin couldn't have her. Fates kept out Jake for the same reasons.

26 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

But... is Jake going to exist?

Jake? Who's that? Is that another name someone used for their versions of Robin and Corrin on their playthrough? /s

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As the unnamed janitor who cleans up after the currently not revealed character Lowain barfs up after foolishly being dared to eat 20 of the school cafeteria's Boiling Bolganone Beef Bowls.

I get Jake has never been as "important" as Anna, he never appeared in Thracia, Binding, SS nor Tellius, and was left out of old Mystery, but I think he deserves a return. Awakening really should've had him after SD and NM alike had him, but giving Anna a lover would have meant you as Robin couldn't have her. Fates kept out Jake for the same reasons.

10 minutes ago, Guest Yt? said:

Most likely not as usual

1 minute ago, Roland said:

Jake? Who's that? Is that another name someone used for their versions of Robin and Corrin on their playthrough? /s

The reason I feel Jake could make a comeback is that I think (or hope) that there won't be S-supports here that involves having a 2nd Gen. So I feel that Anna can't be S-supported and thus, she could have Jake.

@omegaxis1 (I can't quote your response for some reason.) 

So far, somebody at IS has been spamming an FE3 Silence Staff, since we haven't heard a peep on Supports yet, in spite of them being one of the draws of FE nowadays.

Did Fates even hint at children before the game released? I think they were something of a late surprise from what I remember (with signs of them being a late addition due to cut-in mistakes). I'm going to be cautious, I hope no children again (and without fixed class sets, part of their uniqueness is gone), but who knows what IS has in mind nowadays? IS is keeping their cards close for now, their full hand could surprise us either way.

Children got revealed really late for Fates, like a week or two before. I think the evidence has piled up in favor of them getting added pretty late; the Making of FE 25th Anniversary book mentions Hisame was originally Hinata's brother, and in the new art book all the kid's sketches are awkwardly dumped with other units. I'm going to toss my hat in and expect kids to not be a thing in Three Houses. Their primary gameplay appeal was creating your own eugenics monster, and that's been expanded to the entire cast even more in 3H. If they were already hesitating with Fates, I can't see them being a thing now.

Edited by Dmys

15 minutes ago, Dmys said:

Children got revealed really late for Fates, like a week or two before. I think the evidence has piled up in favor of them getting added pretty late; the Making of FE 25th Anniversary book mentions Hisame was originally Hinata's brother, and in the new art book all the kid's sketches are awkwardly dumped with other units. I'm going to toss my hat in and expect kids to not be a thing in Three Houses. Their primary gameplay appeal was creating your own eugenics monster, and that's been expanded to the entire cast even more in 3H. If they were already hesitating with Fates, I can't see them being a thing now.

Yeah, children wouldn't really add much with how Three Houses is being made. 

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@omegaxis1 (I can't quote your response for some reason.) 

So far, somebody at IS has been spamming an FE3 Silence Staff, since we haven't heard a peep on Supports yet, in spite of them being one of the draws of FE nowadays.

Did Fates even hint at children before the game released? I think they were something of a late surprise from what I remember (with signs of them being a late addition due to cut-in mistakes). I'm going to be cautious, I hope no children again (and without fixed class sets, part of their uniqueness is gone), but who knows what IS has in mind nowadays? IS is keeping their cards close for now, their full hand could surprise us either way.

I think we found out about kids (and marriage) through a credible leak literally one week before the (Japanese) release of Fates

Definitely odd to keep a feature that accounts for so much of the game's development secret for that long. Children characters have voice lines, artwork, novels-worth of text dialogue for My Castle activities, and of course unique playable chapters dedicated to them. And the game was getting trailers talking about game mechanics as well, so it's not for lack of marketing that we didn't know about the feature. Maybe that's why the response was so loud when "time travel" kids were confirmed for the new game, just dropped on everybody on the 25th hour. Perhaps even worse knowing we wouldn't get the game stateside to judge for ourselves until the next year. Thank god for the worldwide simultaneous release of Three Houses, by the way.

I dunno how I'll respond when/if that news drops for Three Houses. The most neutral impulsive comment I can think of would be to say "welp, this must be the reason for ONE of its delays wouldn't it?"

Edited by Glennstavos

I know it's practically never going to happen; but I'd laugh if one future game first appears to pull the 2nd Gen card again... then it turns out it's the characters' parents the ones this time around doing the time traveling or whatever shenanigans needed to show up around the same ages as the other gen to help out. Well, Awakening and Fates both did that sort of thing in their DLC; but this time it would be during the main game and following the POV of the second gen instead.

In any case, I would prefer if they put the 2nd Gen thing back to storage for a game of three before bringing it back...

10 hours ago, Dmys said:

I do think whatever big news we'll get next will be about supports, character interactions, involving gambit boost and how characters further help each other on the battlefield. I agree that the 2nd gen gimmick is pretty much pointless with how customizable everyone is now which was the entire point of them and yeah besides the bad reception of them now they we're last minute additions. So whatever S-supports we'll get will very likely won't have them attached to it again.

Please dear God, give the kids a break for this game. Most of the child characters in Awakening and Fates were not good characters, and the latter handled children hilariously poorer than the former. So please, don't. Just don't.

12 minutes ago, Roland said:

Please dear God, give the kids a break for this game. Most of the child characters in Awakening and Fates were not good characters, and the latter handled children hilariously poorer than the former. So please, don't. Just don't.

Hard disagree on the awakening kids not being good characters. Honestly imo they’re some of the best written(barring yarne anyway) characters in awakening because they all center around a central theme in how they deal with tragedy. Each one of them has some kind of coping mechanism that they cling to in order to face the despair and tragedy they see on a daily basis. Gerome has his stoicism represented by his mask, Severa has her abrasive walls, Cynthia and Owain have their high energy and chuuni fantasies, Kjelle has her armor, Nah has her dragonstone, etc. This imo makes each one of them feel real and human. I care for them and care about their struggles and conflict. Which is why I find them to be good characters

2 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Hard disagree on the awakening kids not being good characters. Honestly imo they’re some of the best written(barring yarne anyway) characters in awakening because they all center around a central theme in how they deal with tragedy. Each one of them has some kind of coping mechanism that they cling to in order to face the despair and tragedy they see on a daily basis. Gerome has his stoicism represented by his mask, Severa has her abrasive walls, Cynthia and Owain have their high energy and chuuni fantasies, Kjelle has her armor, Nah has her dragonstone, etc. This imo makes each one of them feel real and human. I care for them and care about their struggles and conflict. Which is why I find them to be good characters

And then you have the Fates kids, who have the universal theme of being abandoned by their parents in the hyperbolic time chamber.

I mean...look at it this way guys: If we do once again have to deal with child units, it basically has to be a time skip. Unless they have another contrived magic baby dimension to exploit, or somehow bring back time travel it’ll need to be a “many years later” situation.

Thats a plus right?