FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely hot and badass big waifu potential there! 

Since the weekend reveals are returning till release (maybe since the last 3 house members are revealed next week) I'm predicting the order is: Catherine>Seteth>Shamir>Gilbert, Rodrigue or Alois which is the exact amount of weekend reveals till the release! I guess the weekdays after will have characters like Flayn, that young looking boy etc.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

53 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

There has been a mention that Edelgard has two bloodlines. Hence the Bone Axe and the Sword of Seiros.

It doesn't matter if she has two bloodlines or not because she only has one crest, and crests are the only things that matter when it comes to the Relics. The sword she's using looks different from all the other special weapons and is most likely not a Relic.

22 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Definitely hot and badass big waifu potential there!

I really hope that she's romancable. I want male Byleth to walk into a door the first time he sees her and his students try to hook them up because he's such a disaster around a competent powerful woman.

So Catherine has no surname but does have a crest. I wonder if she’s a bastard of House Cordelia?

Maybe she’s an illegitimate child who was nonetheless able to rise up the ranks of the church based on her skills, and so was given the holy relic because the church controls who gets to possess them? 

47 minutes ago, NeoAmon said:

So Catherine has no surname but does have a crest. I wonder if she’s a bastard of House Cordelia?

Remember it would be House Charon, it exists just on the Faerghus-Leicester border. House Cordelia probably only obtained it through a Charon marrying a Cordelia and moving there.

7 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

Remember it would be House Charon, it exists just on the Faerghus-Leicester border. House Cordelia probably only obtained it through a Charon marrying a Cordelia and moving there.

Good point, but if House Cordelia has the crest too, then it could be either one that passed it on to her. 

I’m anxious to see just how many characters in this world possess crests. Considering most of the students are “first born” or “youngest child” and only a couple are explicitly stated to be only children, there’s a lot of potential for siblings (and cousins, etc) to show up who can also wield the hero relics! And will those family members be friends or foes later on? 

My prediction right now is that Catherine is an aunt or cousin of Lysithea. Catherine being loyal to Rhea above all else gives me heavy Camus vibes. I don't know if Rhea will be playable or not but if not Rhea will certainly command her to attack the party. I can imagine the player obtaining her Hero Relic upon her defeat; and due to Lysithea similarly having the Crest of Charon; she will also be able to wield it. As it's Lysithea I could totally see the Charon Hero Relic being a magical sword; as Lysithea seems to heavily lean towards magic classes.

40 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

My prediction right now is that Catherine is an aunt or cousin of Lysithea. Catherine being loyal to Rhea above all else gives me heavy Camus vibes. I don't know if Rhea will be playable or not but if not Rhea will certainly command her to attack the party. I can imagine the player obtaining her Hero Relic upon her defeat; and due to Lysithea similarly having the Crest of Charon; she will also be able to wield it. As it's Lysithea I could totally see the Charon Hero Relic being a magical sword; as Lysithea seems to heavily lean towards magic classes.

I really hope nothing happens to her(funny that I called this way back) but Lysithea getting the Charon Hero Relic sword does make sense(damn she'd likely look badass with it post-timeskip!)

1 minute ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

I really hope nothing happens to her but Lysithea getting the Charon Hero Relic sword does make sense

Lysie having strength in swords may be the final nail in the coffin.

She seems quite friendly to the avatar and helps out early game so she could very well be the most fleshed out and heart-wrenching Camus we've had; especially if she's playable and can support pre-timeskip, then she goes missing from the party because she supports the enemy post timeskip. If she's uber strong this could support it too.

I wonder if this happens will it just be on the Golden Deer route? As if she's an enemy and drops her Hero Relic upon defeat then who uses it, as out of the playable units Lysithea would canonically be the only user of it.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

31 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I wonder if this happens will it just be on the Golden Deer route? As if she's an enemy and drops her Hero Relic upon defeat then who uses it, as out of the playable units Lysithea would canonically be the only user of it.

That would be interesting, especially if combined with the recruiting mechanic where you can recruit students from other houses pre-war. Maybe the game has a check that you can only recruit Catherine if you didn't recruit Lysithea or choose Golden Deer so that there's always someone who can use that specific Hero Relic? Or do the recruiting mechanics also apply to teachers as well, so you can recruit them if you raise your stats right like with students.

1 minute ago, Owain Dark said:

I hope she's not the one who died in trailer.... She'd be the first prepromos I'd ever use, beside Titania

I doubt she's the one with the shaky eye; her hair is more gold than orange and she has blue eyes; I wouldn't bet money that she'll be playable the whole game though.

Catherine is pretty cool. And the Crests are functioning the same as Holy Blood, the only difference being that descendants aren't guaranteed to have a Crest and they don't need Major in order to use the corresponding relic.

Man, Three Houses really is shaping up to be Genealogy of the Holy War but actually good.

45 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I doubt she's the one with the shaky eye; her hair is more gold than orange and she has blue eyes; I wouldn't bet money that she'll be playable the whole game though.

I've meant the story trailer from E3, not the February direct Trailer. 

16 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

I've meant the story trailer from E3, not the February direct Trailer. 

Ahhh, I could see if she's loyal to Rhea that could be one of the other archbishops killing her to get to Rhea.

But we don't know what she looks like post timeskip, imagine if she pulls a Dimitri and grows out her hair.

I don't really get Camus vibes from her, and I'm starting to doubt Rhea being an enemy even if the church becomes one tbh. At least, not in all paths. I get more Sanaki/Tanith/Sigrun vibes from Rhea's faction. I'm thinking Rhea will try to save the church from the corruption within, with Catherine and Seteth helping her to do it, more loyal to her than to the church itself. Not sure if all 3 of them will be playable, but I could see them at least being allies to Edelgard and Claude, and assuming Dimitri is fighting against the abuses of the church, maybe even him (unless his goal is total anarchy).

The Camus vibes is likely from her blond hair, personally serves the big high power and considerably powerful in the army ranks the most common traits of the Camus archetypes in FE. Not saying It's confirmed but she could give her life to protect Rhea in some big crisis very possible despite being a romance option. I hope they don't pull a Scarlet with her(acting like you never got with her at all after offing her....)but they probably won't since they improved alot now again IF the worse scenario happens.

7 hours ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

The Camus vibes is likely from her blond hair, personally serves the big high power and considerably powerful in the army ranks the most common traits of the Camus archetypes in FE. Not saying It's confirmed but she could give her life to protect Rhea in some big crisis very possible despite being a romance option. I hope they don't pull a Scarlet with her(acting like you never got with her at all after offing her....)but they probably won't since they improved alot now again IF the worse scenario happens.

Let's... never speak of it, ever!

(As much as I like Scarlet, I'm not a fan of that scene in Revelations)

So I'm guessing there's at least 11 relics. Byleth has his sword that's likely locked to his Crest, and then there's those descended from the 10 Elites. I wonder if there will be any spells there. There usually are when there's a collection of divine weapons in Fire Emblem.

And then of course there's the 10 Saints half....

9 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

So I'm guessing there's at least 11 relics. Byleth has his sword that's likely locked to his Crest, and then there's those descended from the 10 Elites. I wonder if there will be any spells there. There usually are when there's a collection of divine weapons in Fire Emblem.

And then of course there's the 10 Saints half....

I doubt there will be 10 saints tbh...I think there will be 6 besides Seiros herself going off the mural where there are 6 hooded figures around Seiros. We will definitely have at least 11, maybe 12 Hero Relics; 10 coming from the Ten Elites themselves; including Edelgard's axe; Dimitri's lance and Claude's bow, as well as the Sword of the Creator; and the wavy sword which seems to be an heirloom of Seiros' bloodline, but Idk if it counts as a Hero Relic as it doesn't appear to have a Crest Stone.

I hope magics will also be part of the Hero Relic lineup. Maybe due to Shields being able to be equipped; you can equip a Hero Relic in the form of a staff or something which when equipped allows for the use of a specific Reason/Faith spell; but can only be equipped by the Crest bearer. That or you get a Hero Relic bearing the "ultimate" spell; and use it on a unit with the same crest allowing for the spell to unlock in said unit's spell list. I would prefer the former as it's more in line with how the Hero Relics would work in universe.