FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

3 hours ago, Guest Lae said:

Well I guess who's next will be unknown now maybe when the next bios drop probably this upcoming famitsu!

I hope it will be the other student characters of each house!

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

Nah the Jeralt information came form the FE expo that happened today. It would be nice though.

It came from the FE Japan twitter account. The expo didn’t seem to have any information unfortunately.

29 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

Oh whoops! Thanks for the correction! That is kind of sad to hear though.

Yeah I was a bit bummed. Was hoping for a new trailer or maybe more art. Oh well, now we can look forward to the next Famitsu article!

1 hour ago, Jakalak said:

Yeah I was a bit bummed. Was hoping for a new trailer or maybe more art. Oh well, now we can look forward to the next Famitsu article!

Do we know when the next one is coming?

Hopefully they have articles with some Western publications coming soon too. Would kind of suck if they're just waiting until E3 to start their marketing outside of Japan.  The M/W/F Tweets are nice, but we're not even getting localized versions of the video portions to see how the VO is.

57 minutes ago, Enduin said:

Hopefully they have articles with some Western publications coming soon too. Would kind of suck if they're just waiting until E3 to start their marketing outside of Japan.  The M/W/F Tweets are nice, but we're not even getting localized versions of the video portions to see how the VO is.

Yeah, that sucks. Don't get why they go cheaper on advertising internationally. No reason we shouldn't be getting some English videos at this point.

16 hours ago, YingofDarkness said:

Jeralt and Byleth really don't look similar to each other at all. If Byleth if customizable I'm probably going to try and mimic how Jeralt look so people would at least buy that we are father and daughter/son. I have a feeling he isn't our actual biological dad though.

I expect them to pull an anankos again with that one.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

51 minutes ago, Nimue said:

Short clip featuring Rea and female Byleth with some dialogue options.

English:
Rea: Please support the students so they can live without worries.
Byleth: >Of course.
             > I'll do what I can.
Rea: Good. I have great expectations for you.

14 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

English:
Rea: Please support the students so they can live without worries.
Byleth: >Of course.
             > I'll do what I can.
Rea: Good. I have great expectations for you.

She-devil! I don't trust her!

Twitter bio here. I'll have a look and see if I can translate it. Just got back home.

Edit: Translation:

The highest ranked arch bishop of the Church of Seiros. When Jeralt was in the Knights of Seiros, she held the same rank as him. [Edit: my bad, I think she was the archbishop even when Jeralt was in the order]
She values the protagonist's abilities highly and invites them to the military academy.
On one hand, she connects with people like a calm, affectionate mother, while on the other hand passes down strict judgement on those who oppose the Church.

Edited by Thane

13 minutes ago, Chitsuuki said:

https://twitter.com/FireEmblemJP/status/1124932237483491329?s=20

She looks like a dark mage, it's funny

If someone can translate the japanese 

Translated it in my post above. Someone has also translated it directly on the tweet.

I don't think this woman is Emmeryn 3.0. She's too ominous for that. At least I sure hope that's the case.

15 minutes ago, Thane said:

Translated it in my post above. Someone has also translated it directly on the tweet.

Who did that? Piece of shit.

I wonder if she'll end up being the villain. Churches usually don't get left standing after most JRPGs, I feel like.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Who did that? Piece of shit.

I wonder if she'll end up being the villain. Churches usually don't get left standing after most JRPGs, I feel like.

You're the most hayai translator in the West(?).

Her name seems to translate to guilty and accused. I know Fire Emblem takes some liberties with names but they're also sometimes right on the money, like with Deirdre. Mens rea means guilty mind, and seems to be one of the most frequent associations with the word "rea" in Latin. 

Or they just thought "to heck with it" and went with something that sounded cool.

13 minutes ago, Thane said:

You're the most hayai translator in the West(?).

Her name seems to translate to guilty and accused. I know Fire Emblem takes some liberties with names but they're also sometimes right on the money, like with Deirdre. Mens rea means guilty mind, and seems to be one of the most frequent associations with the word "rea" in Latin. 

Or they just thought "to heck with it" and went with something that sounded cool.

I currently exist in the West, so maybe...

Or maybe it's just Princess Leia.

18 minutes ago, Arvin said:

Does the female Byleth share the same name in the Japanese game? I saw some people call her Bylese.

The male and female names are ベレト  and ベレス respectively, which is "bereto" and "beresu" when romanized. I don't know if Bylese is an actual name used in mythology but that's a fair enough interpretation of the spelling differences between genders.