FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cronje

A person of the group that people call the "Nightcrawlers". She seems like a cheerful young girl, but her smile exudes child-like cruelty and scorn.

Solon

One of the Nightcrawlers. As befitting his appearance as an old mage, he uses cunning tactics and techniques.

Thales

The central figure of the Nightcrawlers. To accomplish a certain plan, he works in the shadows along with Soron and Clonie.

These are the bizarre-looking people of the Nightcrawlers. Their true identities are shrouded in mystery.

Since this thread is more active I'll repost what i said in the othet one:

"Just FYI but today is june 22.

And you know what it means?

Its Edelgard's birthday!!

Happy birthday to our tyrannical overlord!

May you're rule lasts for eons to come!

Glory to crimson Emperor"

Baddies info is nice and all but i think this is more important lol

Edited by User name

8 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

Is the term "Nightcrawler" official or is it a fan translation?

Siliconera is using "Crawlers of the Night" in their article, which is the same exact thing except its a mouthful.

So it official fan translation of a Japanese provided information.

Edited by User name

So we've got three countries, the church, the Nightcrawlers, and Flame Emperor and Death Knight. As far as we know, the latter two aren't associated with the Nightcrawlers, right? 

I'm going to guess that Flame Emperor is a villain for the first arc, at least primarily. He'll either be demasked or killed before the timeskip. I believe people said that it looks as though Dimitri is the one crushing his mask beneath his boots.

Makes me wonder how a threeway war will play out with the church and the Nightcrawlers in the background. 

From the sound of things, the Flame Emperor does seem like the villain of the first arc and is fairly quickly dealt with. Perhaps he/she is a red herring or simply a stepping stone.

Meanwhile, Famitsu mentions that the Nightcrawlers are involved in the war that breaks out in the war phase. It kinda sounds like they're behind it or played a big part. So I have a feeling they will have a bigger role in the game.

Personally, I can almost see the Church being the secret villain behind everything, but I'm sure many of us guessed that. Maybe they'll sit back while the Nightcrawlers plunge the three nations into war, then reap the benefits.

Edited by VincentASM

Once upon a time the Japanese version of Ace Attorney felt a villain needed to be named ''carnage on red'' and the dub decided that the name was very stupid. I hope the night crawlers turn out to be a ''carnage on red'' situation and get a much needed name change. I know you can't be named with much nuance when you got three Gharnef's and a Harley Quin on your team but still....night crawlers?

8 hours ago, VincentASM said:

From the sound of things, the Flame Emperor does seem like the villain of the first arc and is fairly quickly dealt with. Perhaps he/she is a red herring or simply a stepping stone.

Meanwhile, Famitsu mentions that the Nightcrawlers are involved in the war that breaks out in the war phase. It kinda sounds like they're behind it or played a big part. So I have a feeling they will have a bigger role in the game.

Personally, I can almost see the Church being the secret villain behind everything, but I'm sure many of us guessed that. Maybe they'll sit back while the Nightcrawlers plunge the three nations into war, then reap the benefits.

Yeah pretty much calling Flame Emperor and Death Knight being the Academy Phase Antagonists while "those who slither in the dark" and semi the Church(not entirely) the War phase Antagonists with some twist.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

52 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Yeah pretty much calling Flame Emperor and Death Knight being the Academy Phase Antagonists while the Nightcrawlers and semi the Church(not entirely) the War phase Antagonists with some twist.

Don't forget about Lonato and his rebellion for the Academy phase as well.

14 minutes ago, SimplyUnknown said:

The Lonato thing will probably introduce us to the idea of people rebelling against the Church, then we get the Flame Emperor's group to build on that. The Flame Emperor identity will definitely be the antagonist for Academy Phase; but the person underneath the mask could be a player in the overall game of the War Phase;, if they don't die upon the confrontation with the group late Academy Phase.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Once upon a time the Japanese version of Ace Attorney felt a villain needed to be named ''carnage on red'' and the dub decided that the name was very stupid. I hope the night crawlers turn out to be a ''carnage on red'' situation and get a much needed name change. I know you can't be named with much nuance when you got three Gharnef's and a Harley Quin on your team but still....night crawlers?

Extraterritorial. Rights.

1 hour ago, SimplyUnknown said:

I don't count Lonato honestly since he seems like a good foster father to Ashe and he looks up to him so definitely not a villain in any sense. His rebellion implies the church has some dark secrets in it and a reason for the rebellion he's making if anything he's more a mini "antagonist" to the bigger 2 of the Academy phase.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

46 minutes ago, Hauke said:

So "night crawlers" isn't their name but more like a... description.

It's as much of a name as the "Feral Ones" from Tellius.

Here's me thinking, hey they might call them something even cleaner than the "Nightcrawlers". Nah, they just went with the super literal description XD

BTW, the Flame Emperor and Death Knight come from a similarly named but different organisation. I didn't feel like translating it, because my ideas were worse than "Nightcrawlers". But it's really close to "those who slither in the dark". Something like "those who act in the shadows".

10 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

It's as much of a name as the "Feral Ones" from Tellius.

Here's me thinking, hey they might call them something even cleaner than the "Nightcrawlers". Nah, they just went with the super literal description XD

BTW, the Flame Emperor and Death Knight come from a similarly named but different organisation. I didn't feel like translating it, because my ideas were worse than "Nightcrawlers". But it's really close to "those who slither in the dark". Something like "those who act in the shadows".

But there's something, that consumes even the darkness itself. And thats not Organisation XIII. Bad time for Antags. 

I kind of feel like the Flame Emperor might be a secret good guy. Because the only evil thing about him we know is that he is against the church. And if the Church is bad and we are against the church, then I definitely think he will be in the right. Whether we kill him before we realise the truth or if he survives to join our side, I don't know, but I'm kind of hoping he joins up with Dimitri post-school to kick some church ass. No idea on the Death knight though, he could easily be bad or good depending on how where they take him but I would assume he will be on the Flame Emperor's side, but not for a just reason, just because he likes killing or something. So irredeemable.

Then the 'Ones who slither in the Night'😑 Will be the actual villains of the game, maybe being connected to the church in some way. 

41 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

I kind of feel like the Flame Emperor might be a secret good guy. Because the only evil thing about him we know is that he is against the church. And if the Church is bad and we are against the church, then I definitely think he will be in the right. Whether we kill him before we realise the truth or if he survives to join our side, I don't know, but I'm kind of hoping he joins up with Dimitri post-school to kick some church ass. No idea on the Death knight though, he could easily be bad or good depending on how where they take him but I would assume he will be on the Flame Emperor's side, but not for a just reason, just because he likes killing or something. So irredeemable.

Then the 'Ones who slither in the Night'😑 Will be the actual villains of the game, maybe being connected to the church in some way. 

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but a user from gamefaqs linked me to a post on Nintendo UK's facebook and  they straight up spoiled the big bad for anyone still wondering.

Spoiler

Quoted word by word: Become the hero Fódlan needs in Fire Emblem: Three Houses for Nintendo Switch. Choose between the three noble houses as you move to bring down the Church of Serios in one of the biggest titles of the year. 
Pre-Order now on the #NintendoUKStore and get a free collectible coin + pouch.

8 hours ago, SpiceMan said:

I kind of feel like the Flame Emperor might be a secret good guy. Because the only evil thing about him we know is that he is against the church. And if the Church is bad and we are against the church, then I definitely think he will be in the right.

Ah, Flame Emperor was the guy sending assassins against the three lords in the opening of the game, Byleth saved them and thus hired by the academy later.

On the other hand, despite people saying church is bad, we haven't be told any crime the church did, instead everything so far is saying church is the keeper of peace....