FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

8 hours ago, Timlugia said:

Ah, Flame Emperor was the guy sending assassins against the three lords in the opening of the game, Byleth saved them and thus hired by the academy later.

On the other hand, despite people saying church is bad, we haven't be told any crime the church did, instead everything so far is saying church is the keeper of peace....

It's possible although unlikely that the Flame Emperor was just trying to scare away the house leaders. I also have a feeling the bandits aren't entirely under his control (like his own soldiers are), so it's more like they let them loose. Perhaps they didn't expect any deaths to happen until Byleth showed up to play the hero?

As for the church, we have a full blown rebellion against them, which kind of speaks for itself. They've been described as keepers of peace, but we don't really know their methods--and clearly some people aren't happy. I'm guessing there's a corrupt side to the church somewhere, like the Begnion senate. Unless they're actually full on crazy.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/21/2019 at 6:27 PM, Azz said:

So Leonie seems to be from a village called Samhain and if they pronounce it as sam-hane rather than sow-in (ow being like 'ow that hurt') I'll crack...

I feel your pain, I guarantee you they'll pronounce it wrong tho xD

I can't wait for them to remake FE4 and butcher the pronounciation of all the names lol

I think you've all got good reason to worry.

I have a feeling a lot of people dunno how to pronounce Leicester and Gloucester, although they're pretty well known in the UK.

Anyway, I'm really curious what the next profiles will be. I'm guessing it's all Knights of Seiros and academy people from here on. Would be nice to know about the likes of Cyril, Flayn and Tomas as well.

I’d love if they started showing post-timeskip portraits and footage of students, with maybe a blurb about what they get up to in the 5 year absence. The screenshots we got were nice but until I see their 2D portraits I don’t feel like I’ve really seen their designs.

That might be too spoilery for some people, but it would certainly help keep the hype train rolling. If they do 3 a week that would only be time to show about half the students anyway, leaving some surprises.

26 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I have a feeling a lot of people dunno how to pronounce Leicester and Gloucester, although they're pretty well known in the UK.

Anyway, I'm really curious what the next profiles will be. I'm guessing it's all Knights of Seiros and academy people from here on. Would be nice to know about the likes of Cyril, Flayn and Tomas as well.

I was honestly surprised that they pronounced Leicester right ngl, in fact I'm pretty sure they pronounced Leicester and Gloucester right in Japanese too.

I hope we get some more profiles for the Knights too, I'd like to get to know more about life outside of the academy.

34 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Aren't the Japanese versions of these somewhat phonetic? (I recall some initial translations of Lorenz's bio saying he was from "Glostar".) What does the Japanese for Samhain in Leonie's bio look like?

Edit: it looks like Sets on twitter did translate it as "Sawin". So you're in luck @Azz!

Edited by LSM

55 minutes ago, LSM said:

Aren't the Japanese versions of these somewhat phonetic? (I recall some initial translations of Lorenz's bio saying he was from "Glostar".) What does the Japanese for Samhain in Leonie's bio look like?

Edit: it looks like Sets on twitter did translate it as "Sawin". So you're in luck @Azz!

Japanese is a phonetic language. That's why when you're translating Japanese names to English, you need to bear that in mind. This often trips up more amateur translators.

TBH, I "cheat" most of the time and Google the Japanese name first if it seems obscure. Like Samhain village. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have known that was a valid translation and gone with something simpler like "Sawin" (which is how it's spelled in Japanese).

Leicester and Gloucester are spelled Resutaa and Gurosutaa in Japanese, which is really close to their intended pronunciations.

6 hours ago, VincentASM said:

It's possible although unlikely that the Flame Emperor was just trying to scare away the house leaders. I also have a feeling the bandits aren't entirely under his control (like his own soldiers are), so it's more like they let them loose. Perhaps they didn't expect any deaths to happen until Byleth showed up to play the hero?

Or we could go on tin foil hat side: maybe the ambush was a false flag to begin with: it was to plant Blyeth into the academy. Whoever behind the ambush knows that academy would hire Blyeth if he/she foiled the attack. Because it looks like Costa the bandit leader manage to survive the failed attack and return in a few chapters.

Edited by Timlugia

I don't know if these have been brought up but apparently Nintendo UK has uploaded a couple of Facebook posts related to some of the characters. They don't say much that we didn't know already but I figured I'd mention it regardless for anyone who cared.

Edited by Sentinel07

I wonder what we'll get tomorrow morning? I'd hope they wouldn't give us nothing and leave us to wait but I feel like anything more besides a few of the teachers would be too spoilery 

1 hour ago, Azz said:

I wonder what we'll get tomorrow morning? I'd hope they wouldn't give us nothing and leave us to wait but I feel like anything more besides a few of the teachers would be too spoilery 

Possibly nothing, though it's possible the other teachers' profiles would be revealed. Either way, it's best we keep our eyes peeled.

20 hours ago, User name said:

And why is it all spiky

Not as "spiky" as the volume of his voice. Dear Naga, he's so loud, my earphones spiked my ears.

This dude gotta have more dad jokes than your dad.