FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, yes. Even in real life, if you support someone's ideas, they're more likely to like you than if you didn't. I don't see the contradiction or problem, unless you think you should be given support points easier or something.

Yeah, but regardless of whether or not you actually say something they agree with, you still bond to a certain degree, as you both understand one another that much more.  In fact, it's more of a bond if you're truthful and honest than if you just try to tell people what they want to hear.

If you get to a point in your relationship with someone else where you're bonding on a deeper level and they found out that you were lying to them around every corner just to get on their good side, you'll find they will probably feel betrayed and think you are a fake friend/lover/what-have-you.  I say this as someone who has personally been appealed to in a similar way - fact of the matter is I'm no longer friends with those people who've lied to save face, while one of my best friends has, at times, had sharp criticisms for me.

I don't really know the context of that conversation with Gilbert, so I don't know if that comment is misplaced or not.  However, judging from what else we can gleam from him, he seems to be one of those "too serious for his own good" types, so it may be a well-placed criticism of his mannerisms.  That said, if that's literally the first time Byleth met Gilbert, then that's a bit rude for seemingly no reason.

8 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Yeah, but regardless of whether or not you actually say something they agree with, you still bond to a certain degree, as you both understand one another that much more.  In fact, it's more of a bond if you're truthful and honest than if you just try to tell people what they want to hear.

If you get to a point in your relationship with someone else where you're bonding on a deeper level and they found out that you were lying to them around every corner just to get on their good side, you'll find they will probably feel betrayed and think you are a fake friend/lover/what-have-you.  I say this as someone who has personally been appealed to in a similar way - fact of the matter is I'm no longer friends with those people who've lied to save face, while one of my best friends has, at times, had sharp criticisms for me.

I don't really know the context of that conversation with Gilbert, so I don't know if that comment is misplaced or not.  However, judging from what else we can gleam from him, he seems to be one of those "too serious for his own good" types, so it may be a well-placed criticism of his mannerisms.  That said, if that's literally the first time Byleth met Gilbert, then that's a bit rude for seemingly no reason.

Yes! Thank you for this! 

Interactions in real life come down to more that just "right and wrong" dialog options.

Maybe if Byleth had more dialog options this wouldn't be so white and black.

You Boro fans are alright.

19 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Well, yes, context of the relationship is important. But as you've also pointed out, this is likely early game, when Byleth has just met these characters. So your later assessment is more likely to be correct. I don't think any of this is at all worth a debate.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

2 hours ago, User name said:

I think what i meant to say is for roleplay purposes it makes replays less interesting because you will always go for the option that gives you support points.

Sorry if i came across as cynical douche lol

Well, the point of roleplay is that you DON'T just pick the best possible options. That's powergaming. You pick the options which suit the character in your mind. For instance, many RPG's will have choices where making an evil choice will give far better rewards than a moral one. That's not restrictive or less interesting, that's fun.

9 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

Do we have enough hints to guess the classes of the other teachers?

We still have no confirmation of the following:

• Jellizza
  • Tomas
  • Gilbert
  • Shamir

My opinion:

• Seteth: Wyvern Rider. (Confirmed.)
  • Hanneman: Mage. (Confirmed.)
  • Manuela: Priest. (Confirmed.)
  • Gilbert: Paladin++ (Model knight. Teaches Lances/Axes/Armour/Riding. The last bit makes me think a Paladin final class. But his shoulders do have a design reminiscent of the merlons of a crenellated parapet, like we've seen used in the Fortress design, so maybe a Fortress out of his armour?)
  • Alois: Hero++. (Teaches at least Axes and Fighting. Has the giant spiky left shoulder pauldron like the Warrior's sprite, but seems way too armoured and lacks the loin cloth. So I'd guess a Hero final class, as the hero also has a (smaller) pauldron, but maybe Warrior?)
  • Catherine: Swordmaster. (Confirmed.)
  • Shamir: Sniper (Teaches at least Lances and Bows, and "techniques for firing from a long distance or battling in the dark". The description focusing on Bows makes me think Sniper.)
  • Jeritza: Assassin. (Dark, mysterious personality. Good with swords, has some armour on his shoulder which matches the Assassin sprite, and what I assumed was a cape on the sprite could be the giant left sleeve flap that Jeritza's costume has).
  • Tomas: Warlock. (Bookish and faithful. Costume has the giant forearm sleeves that we know Warlocks have.)
  • Rodrigue: Dark Mage++ (Face looks like a stereotypical Dark Mage, and his costume is a fairly tight, military-ish, ankle length robe, with a floor length cape. That man is not riding anything (unless he sits side-saddle, I guess), nor is he going to be apt at swinging anything. So a magic man.)
Edited by LSM

1 minute ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Nah those guys can wait for me!

Good for you! I'm really intrigued about who Cyril will be related to, and Rodrigue has a really interesting design. Anna would be cool too but I don't know if she's gonna be more than a merchant this time around.

18 minutes ago, Ranulfo said:

Anna would be cool too but I don't know if she's gonna be more than a merchant this time around.

Anna's been playable since Awakening up to now don't see it being different here can be a quest reward, Paralouge like Awakening or DLC preferably the first 2.

3 hours ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Anna's been playable since Awakening up to now don't see it being different here can be a quest reward, Paralouge like Awakening or DLC preferably the first 2.

I didn't think about it like that, fair point! Hopefully she'll have an interesting role unlike Fates' Anna.if they're gonna go to the point to make her playable.

9 hours ago, User name said:

Gilbert's video is good example of what happens if you choose the "wrong option" aka you as a player choose what suits you better, but in return you dont get support points.

So if you dont stroke characters ego and lie to them on purpose, you dont get support points, i never liked that in RPG.

Most RPG din't really allow you to "lie", your character is not you, it's a being that is shaped by you. If someone ask your avatar if they like pizza and they say yes, they mean it regardeless on whatever you personally like pizza or not. Main characters lie only if the option is specifically highlighted as a lie or if there is a contradiction somewhere(you say that you don't like pizza to npc A and that you like pizza to npc B).

And you just can't be liked by everyone in real life, so if you always speak your mind someone is not going to like you. That's why the kind of protagonist that is liked by everyone usually is generic as hell and/or a Mary Sue. You either play Byleth like that, or you are going to get less support points. Obviously is an oversiplification, but we can't really have Planescape Torment dialogues everg game(and even that masterpiece require TNO to agree with outright insanity in order to have a good relationship with certain NPCs.)

But there are too many people to max all  their supports in a single playtrough, so i'd just roleplay different personalities every time.

Edited by Flere210

In a video scrolling through characters to choose for some monastery event like sharing a meal. (There's been a lot of them, so I can't point you to which one exactly.) If you went through them frame-by-frame you can see a number of characters' classes on their info screens. Seteth was a Wyvern Rider, if I remember correctly at level 9 (which is technically far below the level 20 minimum you'll need for one of your students to take the Wyvern Rider exam).

Edited by LSM

6 hours ago, DuckPhoenix said:

Eh...when and where did they confirm that. I totally missed that. 

Reveal hidden contents

Or is this from the Thani leaks?

6 hours ago, LSM said:

In a video scrolling through characters to choose for some monastery event like sharing a meal. (There's been a lot of them, so I can't point you to which one exactly.) If you went through them frame-by-frame you can see a number of characters' classes on their info screens. Seteth was a Wyvern Rider, if I remember correctly at level 9 (which is technically far below the level 20 minimum you'll need for one of your students to take the Wyvern Rider exam).

The Serenes Forest character page generally links to the screenshots confirming these things for all the non-student characters (where we have a 'confirmed' class for someone).

35 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

So Friday will either be Rodrigue, Shamir, Cyril, or someone we haven't seen before.

Kind of wondering what else they'll reveal over the next few weeks?

Plus Saturday (I feel Shamir will get the special Catherine treatment and be shown Saturday with something unique maybe) these 3 are probably it unless we get a few more new ones but I like to see some stay secret till release and not show almost everyone since there's really no surprise in new characters when going through the game but wouldn't be upset anyway.

Hopefully we will get something major outside Japan tomorrow.

Considering tomorrow is first work day after US Independence Day (so we might get English version of trailer and commercials), the second half of Black Eagle trailer, and we might also get some info from Japan Expo in France.

Edited by Timlugia