Famitsu website has some new screenshots

Click me

A lot of the screens are the same from the magazine, but there are some new ones. Here's some of the more notable ones:

Note: The pics I've attached are the preview images. You can make them bigger by clicking the Famitsu images.

Felix from Blue Lions

three-houses-felix.jpg

Hubert from Black Eagles

three-houses-hubert.jpg

Note: The enemy is wielding Nosferatu.

Ignace from Golden Deer

three-houses-ignace.jpg

EDIT

Garreg Mach Monastery

three-houses-calendar.jpg

There is a calendar system is place. Today is 23rd of the 4th month. Current season is Sun, which may be translated as Solstym, if you follow Valentian convention.

The objective is to speak to the 3 House Leaders. I think I see a cat as well? Meow.

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful. Some more names. I wonder if localization will keep a variant of how you can spell the names with Latin letters. Would they chanhe Ignaz/Ignace because it is close to Ignatius?

The map is interesting. Looks a little vague though. Like the map in DQB2.

Do you think the landscape might change depending on the seasons?

Edited by DuckPhoenix

Aaand character thread is up to date. Again. Hopefully.

Boy do I wish I could read japanese right now, though...

Edited by Cysx

7 minutes ago, DuckPhoenix said:

Wonderful. Some more names. I wonder if localization will keep a variant of how you can spell the names with Latin letters. Would they chanhe Ignaz/Ignace because it is close to Ignatius?

The map is interesting. Looks a little vague though. Like the map in DQB2.

Do you think the landscape might change depending on the seasons?

Nah, I think they'll keep it something similar. So far, none of the characters have had name changes and we've got Claude who's really close to Genealogy's Claud. Although I guess he's from a non-localised game.

4 minutes ago, escotanner said:

Wait...Ignace is a guy?! I thought he was a girl!

I'm still not 100% sure, but I think they're wearing male clothes. The big eyes are throwing me off though XD

22 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I'm still not 100% sure, but I think they're wearing male clothes. The big eyes are throwing me off though XD

Me too. It'll be funny if he turns out to be a Lucius archetype.

16 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Nah, I think they'll keep it something similar. So far, none of the characters have had name changes and we've got Claude who's really close to Genealogy's Claud. Although I guess he's from a non-localised game.

Ah yeah. You're right. At least they made Claud somewhat canon with Choose your Legends.

I am just a little wary, because I did not like some of the name changes in Fates.

3 minutes ago, escotanner said:

Me too. It'll be funny if he turns out to be a Lucius archetype.

Well he definitely seems to be a delicate/soft looking guy.

He might just be young. Reminds me a little of Ricken.

I spotted the names of the two remaining Golden Deer students. The first one is called Marianne and the other one is リシテア. I can’t figure out what the second name means...

You can see the names on the right side of the screenshot.

Edit: Wrong screenshot.

25CB1288-6202-4B4E-B9FC-3BD9FBB2985C.jpeg

Edited by berriicoco

18 minutes ago, berriicoco said:

I spotted the names of the two remaining Golden Deer students. The first one is called Marianne and the other one is リシテア. I can’t figure out what the second name means...

You can see the names on the right side of the screenshot.

Edit: Wrong screenshot.

25CB1288-6202-4B4E-B9FC-3BD9FBB2985C.jpeg

Yup, good eye. Lysithea is what I've been using. She's also the character beneath Hilda.

Ugh. Free roaming shows off that ugly 3D environment. I feel as though it's a waste of the budget when they could've used the Tellius or Echoes approach for the base/roaming (also, hand drawn environments look much better). IS even with KT isn't that strong with 3D stuff except maybe with models, but even those give off the impression of being as oddly weighted as pre-Echoes 3DS. Also, those janky animations (I hope that regular attacks with flashes aren't criticals) and lighting. IS looks to me like it's trying to be way too ambitious (as in they want a bunch of stuff in the game) for it's own good. I should hold my criticism for the game until it's released, but we're this close to launch and some things look questionable. It'll sell well, I just think they might need to reevaluate some design choices for their next entry.

Wonder where all that Heroes money is going.

Battle environments look a bit better than free roaming so I'm not gonna bite too hard there.

Grunts look so damn awkward.

Anyways, thanks for the info. Keep up the good work.

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

Yup, good eye. Lysithea is what I've been using. She's also the character beneath Hilda.

Yes if you go to Wikipedia's page of Lysithea (moon) and then click 'Japanese' language of the same page, the characters used for the name of the Moon and the character are the same. 

8 minutes ago, Jandopo said:

z_5cbf108e31418.jpg

She loses the hat on promotion.

Sorry y'all, meme times are over.

The dress is pretty, though.

Ugh, the hat is even more distracting in her portrait when her model doesn't have it on. Lose-lose situation.

17 minutes ago, Disclaimer said:

Ugh, the hat is even more distracting in her portrait when her model doesn't have it on. Lose-lose situation.

Would've been the perfect time to introduce changing character portraits since apparently everyone starts in a trainee class and don't stay there for very long.

It's an interesting bunch of images, even if there's a lot of overlap with what we already know. Yeah, I still think I'll be thinking over Three Houses then based on what we've gotten.

Also, I hope we can pet the kitty (That is the only petting I will accept in this game)

z_5cbf0e9740b45.jpg

So here's a screenshot of the weapon shop, and there appear to be more spears than swords available (Maybe because you joined the Blue Lions?). Some of the weapons are also greyed out, which I don't really get because you have more than enough gold to purchase them. Some weapons also have the same name as another weapon on the list, except with ten more uses and a 3 in the second category. Does anyone know what the second category says?

13 minutes ago, Calico said:

z_5cbf0e9740b45.jpg

So here's a screenshot of the weapon shop, and there appear to be more spears than swords available (Maybe because you joined the Blue Lions?). Some of the weapons are also greyed out, which I don't really get because you have more than enough gold to purchase them. Some weapons also have the same name as another weapon on the list, except with ten more uses and a 3 in the second category. Does anyone know what the second category says?

Actually, those are Iron versus Steel weapons. The category is "stock". So you can only buy 3 of each Steel weapon right now.

There's only one more lance compared to swords though--and that's because lances have Javelin.

Oh yeah, what's really cool is that after Steel, there are Practice weapons. I think they were localised as Trainer (Sword) and Practice Axe in Path of Radiance.

Reading through the better detailed article I find it funny their soft teasing the troop mechanic and supports(and possibly pair up or support bonuses) that many people want to know about as 'currently unknown' but at least it was mentioned coming later!

So the Monk and Warrior classes seem to be advanced classes gauging with how they need ranks in both Faith & Reason magic, and Axes, Bows and Fighting respectively. There are two major questions now, are promotions even a thing now or are more classes made available the further you level your ranks? And why is the article specifically targeting Myrmidon and Soldier, two notably base classes, with Warrior and Monk, two notably promoted classes, as the 4 examples used? It's all quite confusing :/