Famitsu website has some new screenshots

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 10:42 AM, Cysx said:

By the way, about the three stars thingie. You know, these:

ErhG6XV.jpg  O9ywbMX.jpg

I can't help but notice that these are two characters from the Black Eagles, aka what we now know as the more magic-inclined house, with both of them being bad at Faith magic and only one of the two being talented in either. Doesn't make too much sense. However, the stars in both cases are in magic categories, so... maybe that's what they represent?

Can't quite figure out why a single one wouldn't have been enough to show that, though... plus they look like empty emplacements for stars rather than actual stars. I can only guess what that means.

I thought that Adrestia was better at 'Physics' magic ie Anima and Dark magic.

If any faction had dominance on Faith magic, surely it'd be the Holy Kingdom of Fargus?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Onestep said:

I thought that Adrestia was better at 'Physics' magic ie Anima and Dark magic.

If any faction had dominance on Faith magic, surely it'd be the Holy Kingdom of Fargus?

That would be news to me. All I heard was magic in general.

I mean, perhaps, but from everything we've seen the Church of Seiros seems affiliated with Adrestia first and foremost, which is something else to consider.

2 minutes ago, Cysx said:

That would be news to me. All I heard was magic in general.

I mean, perhaps, but from everything we've seen the Church of Seiros seems affiliated with Adrestia first and foremost, which is something else to consider.

I mean, Farghus is literally called the Holy Kingdom. That seems to indicate they have strong links to the Church.

9 minutes ago, Onestep said:

I mean, Farghus is literally called the Holy Kingdom. That seems to indicate they have strong links to the Church.

The church's emblem features the symbol of the Adrestian empire, and so does Garreg Mach, even though it should be neutral, with flags and carvings. The apostle/oracle/who knows also has it on her dress. A bit tired but let me get some images:

garreg-mach-emblem.jpg

TvclnNU.jpg  AuGM6Xh.jpg

ctNJUMc.jpg  7Ku4Lsu.jpg

1 minute ago, Cysx said:

The church's emblem features the symbol of the Adrestian empire, and so does Garreg Mach, even though it should be neutral, with flags and carvings. The apostle/oracle/who knows also has it on her dress. A bit tired but let me get some images:

garreg-mach-emblem.jpg

TvclnNU.jpg  AuGM6Xh.jpg

ctNJUMc.jpg  7Ku4Lsu.jpg

No idea then. Somehwhere being called a Holy Kingdom implies that if you're going to have fanatics anywhere, that's a safe bet. But this is all true too. We'll just have to wait for more info.

On 4/26/2019 at 9:05 AM, Calico said:

Right now, I'm guessing that Dorothea belongs to a family of prominent merchants within the empire. It'd explain all the jewelry she's wearing (along with her nice hat). 

I agree. Fire Emblem likes to play it fast and loose with blue bloods associating with farmers-turned-soldiers but my impression is that regardless of common birth, everyone at this school is likely to be a well to do individual from a prominent family. Looking at feudal Japan and their caste system, you still had wealthy farmers and poor samurai, and wealth can transcend class when it comes to how how well you do in life.

On 4/26/2019 at 6:42 PM, Cysx said:

By the way, about the three stars thingie. You know, these:

ErhG6XV.jpg  O9ywbMX.jpg

I can't help but notice that these are two characters from the Black Eagles, aka what we now know as the more magic-inclined house, with both of them being bad at Faith magic and only one of the two being talented in either. Doesn't make too much sense. However, the stars in both cases are in magic categories, so... maybe that's what they represent?

Can't quite figure out why a single one wouldn't have been enough to show that, though... plus they look like empty emplacements for stars rather than actual stars. I can only guess what that means.

We've seen the lords with different squads of units, sometimes infantry or cavaliers. Perhaps you can choose who your squad is and the stars represent the classes of units that character has the best affinity with. It would make sense then, that even if those characters don't use magic themselves, they are experienced in leading magic users.

2 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I agree. Fire Emblem likes to play it fast and loose with blue bloods associating with farmers-turned-soldiers but my impression is that regardless of common birth, everyone at this school is likely to be a well to do individual from a prominent family. Looking at feudal Japan and their caste system, you still had wealthy farmers and poor samurai, and wealth can transcend class when it comes to how how well you do in life.

We've seen the lords with different squads of units, sometimes infantry or cavaliers. Perhaps you can choose who your squad is and the stars represent the classes of units that character has the best affinity with. It would make sense then, that even if those characters don't use magic themselves, they are experienced in leading magic users.

I mean, that may be a thing, but would there really be much of a point in displaying it during tutoring? As far as we know raising faith magic will not make your faith troops stronger, though I guess that's not exactly impossible either.

12 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I mean, that may be a thing, but would there really be much of a point in displaying it during tutoring? As far as we know raising faith magic will not make your faith troops stronger, though I guess that's not exactly impossible either.

The stars don't appear to be filled in yet so that's something they would need to train to reach the level of... whatever the stars do. We can at least assume that it's probably not a coincidence that Edelgard has some connection to black magic usage, even if it's not directly related to her starting skill ranks.

Regarding the accompany infantry, it would make sense if they had an advantage over certain units and the ability to use certain attacks. Otherwise, the archer's "Simultaneous Fire" and that scene where those soldiers charge and trample your opponent will be just for show.

On 25.4.2019 at 3:46 PM, Von Ithipathachai said:

I see Javelins available, but no Wind Edges or Kodachi.  That is very troubling.

or maybe it's just an early game picture?

On 25.4.2019 at 4:10 PM, MetalAmethyst said:

A calendar system? I really hope that doesn't mean we have a limited time to do things like in Persona.

Or worse, limit Supports like bonding in Cold Steel.

On 25/4/2019 at 9:32 AM, Jandopo said:

z_5cbf108e31418.jpg

She loses the hat on promotion.

Sorry y'all, meme times are over.

On 25/4/2019 at 9:41 AM, Disclaimer said:

Ugh, the hat is even more distracting in her portrait when her model doesn't have it on. Lose-lose situation.

The single most important image of the whole lot; the stupid girl loses the stripper hat!
Counter: As mentioned, her portrait still has it, though.

On 4/25/2019 at 8:32 AM, Jandopo said:

z_5cbf108e31418.jpg

Oof her head does not look right on that model. It looks too small which makes me think that we are going back to them head swapping characters onto generic models for promotion. Just compare how she looks here to how she looks in her trainee model.

Guest nanashi
16 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

Oof her head does not look right on that model. It looks too small which makes me think that we are going back to them head swapping characters onto generic models for promotion. Just compare how she looks here to how she looks in her trainee model.

Guess that's is inevitable with how much freedom we have with re classing. 

Guest Tobi
16 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

I think it's just the outfit itself is big than the head model being small here.

1 hour ago, Jayvee94 said:

Do you guys think they would give variations to their "intended canon" class?

I'm honestly not anticipating anything too unique for the normal units. Perhaps something may open up for the protagonists later in the game or something.

with the question of if classes will just be generics again, I just want to note that his is another part of unit identity that is lost with reclassing, I certainly will be very displeased if everyone who is not a main character ends up looking like a generic when class changed, almost makes me think that we may not even get unique victory animations (though animations are typically easy to reuse).

On 02/05/2019 at 2:35 AM, thecrimsonflash said:

with the question of if classes will just be generics again, I just want to note that his is another part of unit identity that is lost with reclassing, I certainly will be very displeased if everyone who is not a main character ends up looking like a generic when class changed, almost makes me think that we may not even get unique victory animations (though animations are typically easy to reuse).

They should at least have generic colors that each unit can take doesn't matter if they have an actual unique mode for the class or not. It's weird that it took until Echoes before they implemented a basic idea like that (and even so it they were still missing some obvious colors). Although it feels like the colors here might be based on the unit's kingdom, considering how we've seen Edelgard red colored in several promotions, alongside Dorothea.

Edited by NeonZ

z_5cbf0d27f3c8f.jpg

From this image of Bernedetta from the Black Eagles and Sylvain from Blue Lions, I think it might be possible to recruit characters from multiple houses in one play through regardless of which house you choose first.

On 1/5/2019 at 11:35 PM, thecrimsonflash said:

I dont mind. I prefer it to the character i like being stuck in a crappy class or the unit is inferior to others of their class or you have many of his class already.

I like that here most likely their character will not be defined by their class ( Like Sophie or Zerchel/Cherche).

2 hours ago, grin_fish said:

z_5cbf0d27f3c8f.jpg

Beeb boop, I'm a translation machine that translates things even if no one asked me to.

"Oh, you understand this, right teacher? I've loved this since forever!"

Translation complete. Beep boop.