Bets/predictions/prophesying thread

If you have any bets or predictions for the plot, gameplay, characters, etc. then feel free to share them here!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were making a bingo card out of bets, Geralt dying in the first two hours would be my free space. Here's some less sure bets:

• We meet Geralt in "the afterlife", likely when Byleth is temporarily knocked out before the final chapter and in need of some motivation.
  • Sothis gives you the weird avatar sword. BUT. It will literally float into Byleth's hands. Not because it "chose" him, though. They would have the sense to take that out of the first draft. 
  • Also Byleth never gets within 5 feet of Sothis in those visions.
  • Sothis makes remarks every time you turn back time during maps. What I don't know is whether these will be snide or "let's try again, you can do it!" remarks.
  • Upon completing the game, Sothis appears before you and decides she wants to live in the real world.
  • The antagonists in this game will be manipulated by some evil force/dragon. BUT, it will not be limited to the church. In fact, I think most of the final act will involve a war between the three nations, and the Monastery is the only faction on the continent thinking straight and trying to stop the fighting. In other words, the Church will just be the first thing we put back together.
  • Dimitri will be the main character that players arbitrarily don't like or meme about similar to the BlameTakumi phase of Fates.
  • You can customize the look of your units in some way
  • Byleth and the Three House leaders all cause a game over when they die. But unlike Echoes you can turn back time assuming you still have at least one use left. This will be the case in casual mode as well. Leaving people to really wonder what is the point of dividing casual from classic.
  • The Monastery is the only explorable environment between chapters.
  • Day One DLC grind maps for experience, gold, and rare items.
  • There is no "Jagen" character. Specifically, no character from the start of the game that joins as a unit at the highest tiered class. This of course implies Geralt is never playable.
  • We have a "Fernand moment" early in the game in which one of the Noble students picks on one of the "barn bred" commoner students. Like Fernand this noble student is never playable, because they would never let us play as a thoroughly unlikable character. Unlike Fernand, we never find out why this student is such a dick.
  • There's a support conversation involving one of the male students sneaking into the girl's dorm at night. This male student is the one with the highest qualifications to be the Thief class at the start of the game
  • There are Byleth-sexuals
Edited by Glennstavos

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

We have a "Fernand moment" early in the game in which one of the Noble students picks on one of the "barn bred" commoner students. Like Fernand this noble student is never playable, because they would never let us play as a thoroughly unlikable character. Unlike Fernand, we never find out why this student is such a dick.

Fernand is a dick because commoners burned down the mansion he lived in and he lost family. That's...it though. Nothing else is said. 

EDIT - Oh wait you said UNLIKE Fernand, never mind.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

There's a support conversation involving one of the male students sneaking into the girl's dorm at night. This male student is the one with the highest qualifications to be the Thief class at the start of the game

YES. Panty raid!

I really really want Geralt to break the trend, but...if he dies I won't be surprised at all.

I bet the monastery will be under siege at one point.

Edited by Dragoncat

Byleth's mom will be important. I can't see them mentioning her in their bio and her not playing a role in he story.

Sothis is the goddess, as if it wasn't obvious.

Geralt will either be like every fe dad ever (sans Eliwood) and die OR he will pull a Mycen and be an individual who is privy to Byleth's not-so-secret origins and will join by the end of the game (and he is definitely not Byleth's biological dad).

There will be an event where we have to leave the school setting, maybe like 10ish chapters in (depends on the overall length of the game).

There wont be a major route split like in Fates however each country will have its own internal conflicts alongside the main plot that will only be able to be explored if you pick that house. The empire will have an heir issue as someone (possibly a half sibling of Edelgard) will arise and try lay claim to the throne. Dimitri's country is definitely gonna be shady and will be the defacto evil country with it being a heavily militarised holy kingdom which cause Dimitri (and the Blue Lions) a lot of turmoil. In Claude's country, there will be a rebellion trying to overthrow his house as leaders of the league and/or possibly try and convert the country to an official kingdom where only one family has the power. All of this is definitely a pipe dream that probably wont happen.

I was going to say "Jeralt dying", but everyone else beat me to it, lol.

Maybe Sothis is like Lilith in the fact she's actually part of Seiros? Or maybe Byleth's mom? I dunno, some random, weird plot twist.

Byleth can romance his students.

When doing so you can give your love the answers to the exams to get a 100% success rate regardless of the requisites.

If they want to avoid controversy you must likely have to wait till the students graduate, at the graduation whoever has enough points will confess their love (Likely a few chapters before the endgame).

I get Leon gives from Dimitri so I predict he will be the most popular male in the game.

Lolibabas usually have an adult form so I expect Sothis true form to be an adult version of herself rather than a dragon.

24 minutes ago, kratoscar2008 said:

I get Leon gives from Dimitri so I predict he will be the most popular male in the game.

I'd personally say Claude since Dimitri has weird string cheese hair but, hey, you do you.

Story Predictions:

- Sothis and Green Haired Seiros lady are one and the same, sorta. The ancestor of the Green Haired lady was once the goddess who guided Seiros in legend. In attempt to better protect Fódlan, the goddess cast off her playful and caring personality as a separate deity, Sothis, who could only be seen through the descendants of Seiros, as they can also see and hear the Goddess. The part of the goddess left either never ages and is still the same today, or is the one hugging the whipsword in the reveal trailer and her descendant is the Green Haired Seiros lady.

- The Church is after Byleth and his connection to Sothis as the part of Seiros that Sothis represents isnt what the Chruch wishes a god should be.

- Jeralt won't die, he'll end up being more Mycen than Greil, or he'll die late game. He is your real dad but your mother is totally someone special. Being the leader of the Knights of Seiros he will catch wind of the church's plot to do something to Sothis through the avatars body which will force him to turn against the Church.

- Claude's family will be really passive and peace loving, Dimitri's parents will be incredibly strict but in a loving way, Edelgard's dad will have some deeper connection to the Church due to Adrestria's apparent greater link to the Church.

- the class of students you pick will all have a role in the overarching story dialogue - similar to Gray/Tobin/Clair/Clive/etc in Echoes. The other 2 houses will be recruitable but glossed over in this regard, apart from the two house leaders of course.

Gameplay Predictions:

- The list of classes will be huge and will be pretty expansive ending up encompassing most if not all of movement/weapon type combinations.

- Byleth & Edelgard/Dimitri/Claude all have canonical promoted classes which are unlocked for accessibility through the exam system later on in the game.

- The Black part of Reason magic will be this games equivalent to Anima; the Dark part is Dark Magic; and Faith magic is a combination of Light and Healing magic.

- Cavs will be heavily nerfed but fliers will be where it's at.

- there are quite a few non student units, and rather than the Noble/Commoner class system, these units will follow a more traditional base class -> promoted class formula. Can still be still be tutored in other weapon types inside these classes however.

- Most activation skills such as Astra or Lethality come as Combat Arts from maxing out some obscure classes.

- Personal skills are back and Lindhardt's is a big memey Lyn/Rein reference.

2 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I'd personally say Claude since Dimitri has weird string cheese hair but, hey, you do you.

Cheerful characters tend to be not so popular, meanwhile Fates had Takumi, Leon and Xander on top and they are rather serious so I think if Dimitri manages to develop well in the story he might be a winner.

He reminds me of Denam from Tactics Ogre who is the best Srpg protagonist so maybe I'm biased towards it. Though has house is my least favorite for now.

Edited by kratoscar2008

Avatar's mom is important. Why else would she be mentioned? Not many protags have parents, especially a mom, mentioned.

There's different sects of the Church; one of these is the enemy, the others are good or otherwise neutral

The final boss will be either the white-haired guy that kinda reminds me of Garon or a dragon as usual

Aside from my contribution to THIS thread: 

Where I unceremoniously dubbed Pulpatine (the wrinkly, pale, totallynotabadguy looking guy) the big bad of this game, not much.

All else I have to guess at the moment is that no matter which side you choose, all three MCs stay alive and well despite the war. I just don't see them killing them off no matter what house you go with.

I only have one bet that people haven't mentioned:

The first couple of chapters will be with bandits.

1 hour ago, Corrobin said:

I only have one bet that people haven't mentioned:

The first couple of chapters will be with bandits.

We might actually get to break that trend for once with mock battles at the school.

On 4/25/2019 at 3:22 PM, Glennstavos said:

Sothis makes remarks every time you turn back time during maps. What I don't know is whether these will be snide or "let's try again, you can do it!" remarks.

"Wow, you can't win a battle without my help. Absolutely pathetic, sorry excuse of a teacher." - Sothis, 2019.

-Jeralt isn't Byleth's real dad, Byleth is actually somehow related to the goddess

-Jeralt will die but not early on, he isn't playable though 

-Sothis will be playable at some point 

-Edelgard's family will be antagonists at some point in every route, she promotes to Empress before the end of the game

-Anna works at the monastery and later leaves with Byleth's group to serve as information gatherer/travelling merchant

-Aside from the monastery, there will be at least a couple of other explorable hubs as the story changes locations

-There will be at least one giant Genealogy-type chapter with several armies and objectives (obviously they had to practice for the FE4 remake coming next year right?)

-No children

-There is marriage, but it's not weird because it can only be achieved after leaving the school setting and/or enough time has passed in the story to the point where most S supports will go "It's funny that you were my teacher/student once, we've become such good friends that I've seen you as an equal for a while now... and I'd like to be more than friends"

-All 3 lords have same-sex romance options including Byleth (wouldn't be a new FE game without shipping controversy)

Edited by Book Bro

Joke Predictions:

• Geralt will be killed by a peasant with a pitchfork, and then get his own game trilogy.
  • When teaching students, you can use the time rewind to know in advance that a student's going to do something (for example, "You know I don't allow food in this classroom. Give me the candy bar you've hidden under your desk.") This tricks wows the students, who don't know that you knew this because you turned back time. 

Genuine Predictions:

• A group of students sneak out at night for something; be it a dumb prank, to change their answers on a test, etc., and it either goes horribly wrong or they uncover part of a conspiracy. 
  • Jeralt will survive, and in fact, he's rejoined the Knights of Seiros specifically to do something to stop the bad guys. Either he's suspicious of something that's going on and he rejoins the Knights to gather more information, or he is fully aware of the evil plan and he needs access to something important to stop said evil plan. 
  • We get to meet the parents of the House Leaders: specifically the Emperor, the King/Queen Regnant, and the leader of the Alliance. 
  • Byleth will use the rewind during a lecture to try again at giving the lecture. 

26 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

-Edelgard's family will be antagonists at some point in every route, she promotes to Empress before the end of the game

I hope not; I would like to see an FE game where an empire turns out to be the good guys. 

On 25.4.2019 at 11:09 PM, ΔZZ said:

Geralt will either be like every fe dad ever (sans Eliwood) and die OR he will pull a Mycen and be an individual who is privy to Byleth's not-so-secret origins and will join by the end of the game (and he is definitely not Byleth's biological dad).

Or Geralt becomes a enemy and you will have to kill him.

This is just based on that one sentence introducing Dimitri, but I bet that he will end up being some Kind of Yandere archetype. It just seems weird to me to Mention that he holds "a tinge of darkness" or smth in him.  Also I think that, if you pick his house, there will be a heavy Focus on the rivalry/ dynamic between him and Claude, though this is just based on a gut Feeling that Claude is most likely the smartest/most talented out of the bunch but just Plays the clown most of the time. I think something along the lines was shown in of the screenshots in which he mentions that there must be something only Byleth/Beleth knows, though None of the other two got this Kind of characterization. I could be Looking into it too much, but who knows. The "high strung perfect prince burdened by pressure"-type vs. "the aloof Genius"-type isn´t too farfetched. One Thing I am sure About though is that Raphael is gonna be Benny 2.0, which is fine with me.

Edit: fixed some spelling

Edited by Aurora