Bets/predictions/prophesying thread

1 hour ago, Alexios Blake said:

This is coming from a leak but there will be wyverns and apparently one of the three lords will become one.

It's from a purported leak.

(Actually, them being adamant about said lord having a Wyvern was one of the things that made me start to doubt their veracity.)

Edit: I'll stress that this isn't me saying that I don't want Wyverns or Griffons. I very much do. Especially after that screenshot of Lorenz as a Cavalier; that shaggy horse looks amazing, and I can't wait to see other creatures in this art style. I'm just worried because I find it odd we haven't seen any sign of them so far. 

Edited by LSM

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, LSM said:

It's from a purported leak.

(Actually, them being adamant about said lord having a Wyvern was one of the things that made me start to doubt their veracity.)

Edit: I'll stress that this isn't me saying that I don't want Wyverns or Griffons. I very much do. Especially after that screenshot of Lorenz as a Cavalier; that shaggy horse looks amazing, and I can't wait to see other creatures in this art style. I'm just worried because I find it odd we haven't seen any sign of them so far. 

We have my seen any Pegasi either, but we believe them to be for sure because of the Flying Professor Skill. I'm 100% sure Wyverns are here we just haven't seen then yet.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

-The “wyvern/dragon lord” is clearly Edelgard (she has axes plus the empire seems like the place with the dragon knights; the “holy kingdom” sounds like the place with the Pegasi). Her special class will be like the Revenant Knights from Fates (axes + magic).

-Byleth cannot romance any of the students save Edelgard, Dmitri, and Claude (the students can romance each other, of course). Anyone else except Geralt is fair game.

-Possibly wishful thinking, but Dmitri’s “tinge of darkness” is just that he’s gay (why else would the Lions be the only house with a gender imbalance?)

-Ingrid is Dmitri’s (possibly twin) sister (same hair color, same eye color, same collar that no one else has)

EDIT

Actually, Ingrid and Dmitri don’t have the same eye color, but they still look too similar for it to be a coincidence.

Edited by Moonlit Knight
Factual error

33 minutes ago, Moonlit Knight said:

-The “wyvern/dragon lord” is clearly Edelgard (she has axes plus the empire seems like the place with the dragon knights; the “holy kingdom” sounds like the place with the Pegasi). Her special class will be like the Revenant Knights from Fates (axes + magic).

We've seen from Famitsu that Edelgard seems to have a better armor than flying, and she doesn't have a strength in either magic, so this seems unlikely. Especially considering that Dimitri has a D in riding, which makes it seem likely that Claude will be flying.

3 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

We've seen from Famitsu that Edelgard seems to have a better armor than flying, and she doesn't have a strength in either magic, so this seems unlikely. Especially considering that Dimitri has a D in riding, which makes it seem likely that Claude will be flying.

So THAT’S why he was upside down! (Also it would be first time we get bows on dragons following the first flying bow users in Fates)

4 minutes ago, Moonlit Knight said:

So THAT’S why he was upside down! (Also it would be first time we get bows on dragons following the first flying bow users in Fates)

Not to feel stupid but what does flying have to do with being upside down? Wouldn't it be even harder to shoot an arrow upside down while flying? Is it because of the Kinshi knight back flip they did?

47 minutes ago, Moonlit Knight said:

-Possibly wishful thinking, but Dmitri’s “tinge of darkness” is just that he’s gay (why else would the Lions be the only house with a gender imbalance?)

Hmmmmmmmmmmm... I think you might be onto something here.

52 minutes ago, Moonlit Knight said:

While I don't think the gender imbalance means much, I still hope this will be true, although I'm not getting my hopes up about IS giving us a lord which being gay is apart of their story. 

I do think we will have at least 1 gay male unit from Blue Lions, as it makes sense with the gender imbalance. Not sure about it being Dimitri tho, I'd say either Dedue or Felix.

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I do think we will have at least 1 gay male unit from Blue Lions, as it makes sense with the gender imbalance. Not sure about it being Dimitri tho, I'd say either Dedue or Felix.

Man, I hope so. It'd be rad if Dimitri were, too. 

My expectation is for none of them to be, though. I'll believe a marked improvement on IS's LGBT+ front when I see it. Leon was good and all, but only one unit, with no relationships.

Reposting from the Reddit leak topic, my predictions regarding Edelgard's 2nd route (provided it is even a thing.)

I want to say Edelgard's 2nd route may lead to the "true ending" or is an alternative "ruthless/evil" route. While I have no ideas for a ruthless run, I can see the "true ending" being more focused on Edelgard fully rejecting the Crests while everyone else supports them. Due to Edelgard's "rebellion," this draws attention from outside factions as they did not foresee this outcome. This ending may not be a happily ever after and characters may die in the process, but the world will be in a better place overall after it is all done and over with.

I hope that one of the Female Nobles will be a Countess or some sort of landed nobility in their own right with their parents/father dying of suspicious circumstances when young and will be facing intense pressure to be betrothal to their faction heir (If part of the Kingdom or Alliance) or another powerful noble's son in the same house. How Byleth handles that if they are teaching that house can have an impact on the gameplay.

Something just occurred to me about the screenshot where Caspar is fighting a western church soldier. The first class change people can take is at level 5. So by level most characters will not be in their noble outfits and instead will be in their new class outfits. However in that screenshot Caspar is still in his noble outfit which suggests that this fight takes place very early on as it should be before most characters hit level 5. This makes me believe that this is simple a sparring match because I think we would be tasked with putting down a "bad group of the church" before we even hit level 5.

~There will be a blood on/off option. The default is off, which is why none has been seen in trailers and all that (and because Nintendo understandably wouldn't show that feature off in a direct that features E-rated games).

~ Alternatively/Tying into the above, we may have some of the most brutal cutscenes in a Fire Emblem game.

~ There will be some optional teachers. Most likely they will be mercenaries and weapon-masters, and you have to pay to hire the former and do a sub-quest to unlock the latter (most of them will be about convincing them that your class is worth training).

~ There will be some mutually exclusive content in terms of what students and teachers you can get, what events occur, and so on. At least on the first playthrough.

~~ On a similar note, one of said events is the choice between gaining a master as a teacher, or their apprentice. If you go through the process to get the master, then the apprentice completes their training and leaves to forge their own path. If you decide to get the apprentice, then the master dies and the apprentice takes up their mantle.

~ The outrealms will be mentioned, but it won't be the focus of anything important.

~ If the leak is true about Edelgards route having two routes, then it will be the decision to either join the empire in their conquest, or to join the other nations and fight against them. There will be sympathetic reasons for choosing either side, and the whole situation will not be the typical "evil empire invades peaceful neighbors" cliche.

~ The other nations will get some backstory and worldbuilding, and will be explored in more detail in a future game.

~ The amount of fanservice and innuendos will be similar to that in Echoes.

~ There will be several timeskips. The school mechanics will remain, although the locations may change.

~ Bit of a gimme, but given we have 'Church' Soldiers, 'Empire' Soldiers, and 'Kingdom' Soldiers, Leicester soldiers will be 'Alliance' Soldiers.

~ Church Soldiers will be available as long as we're with the Church, Either the whole game or until the plot forces us out.

~ Soldiers of other Nations will be available in limited number in some way. (Gaining a unit from another country/Defectors/you ally with or conquer that country/etc.)

- Dmitri's "twinge of darkness" is that he's traumatized in one way or another and struggles to cope with it. My guess is that either his family died in a violent way and he witnessed it, or he's being abused by his parents. 

- If S-Supporting comes back, the same-sex option(s) will be limited to just Byleth/a same gendered partner, similarly to Fates. This would be really disappointing to me, though :/

- Claude's real reason for being at the academy is to gain intel on the other lords that the Leicester Alliance can use to its advantage.

- Your supports with Lorenz will be centered around trying to help him get a girlfriend. If you're playing as F!Byleth, the S-Support will basically be a rehash of the Gregor/Cordelia S-Support. 

- Hubert is not going to be evil. 

- There will be some stuffy teacher character who doesn't like Byleth, probably because they think that Byleth was only hired due to Jeralt's importance. You'll have to prove your worth to the teacher, and by the end of the game they'll have opened up to you and will vouch for you. 

Ferdinand is revealed to be the son of the Empire's prime minister, which makes me think of him sort of like Machias from Trails of Cold Steel.

Nemesis and Seiros are Byleth's actual parents and Sothis is his sister who pulls a Lilith in which she is mean't to watch over them but they probably will pull an Al in which he was sealed away and then later found by Jeralt and Byleth's so called "mother".

Edelgard will most likely end up revealing that the Adrestian Empire wants to invade all of Fodlan and complete it's conquest(not really so sure about this theory)

1 hour ago, babyseal said:

Changed my mind about Dimitri's "twinge of darkness". I think it's that he's the illegitimate son of Justin Timberlake, circa 1999.  Every morning, he must straighten his natural ramen hair until it becomes spaghetti hair so no one finds out about his secret.

10/10 theory.

Boi's hair looks like the McDonald's logo.

1 hour ago, babyseal said:

Changed my mind about Dimitri's "twinge of darkness". I think it's that he's the illegitimate son of Justin Timberlake, circa 1999.  Every morning, he must straighten his natural ramen hair until it becomes spaghetti hair so no one finds out about his secret.

Well here I was gonna guess that his twinge of darkness was his skin and he's actually a black dude disguised in whiteface, but now that theory just feels inadequate.