Bets/predictions/prophesying thread

4 hours ago, Aurora said:

This is just based on that one sentence introducing Dimitri, but I bet that he will end up being some Kind of Yandere archetype. It just seems weird to me to Mention that he holds "a tinge of darkness" or smth in him

I know this is a predictions thread but i think something as vague as "holds a tinge of darkness" = yandere is a bit of stretch. Who knows, maybe he's a cold pessimist or something. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The class choice

You will choose your starting squad after having spent a little time with each class. The choice is determined by which side you fight for in the mock battle, with the other teachers joining the classes you didn't side with. 

This will not have major story ramifications, but will just determined your starting roster and perhaps some flavor text. You will get the other classes at a later point in their "canon" classes. 

Sothis and divinity

I think everyone expects Sothis to have some kind of connection with the goddess, the question is just what kind. 

I'll just go with the idea that Sothis is the "true" goddess and the one the church worships is a fake/usurper. She's bound to Byleth for some reason, as represented by the ropes in her outfit. 

Byleth has a special heritage

I'm kind of in the camp that expects Jeralt not to be their true father, but more than that, I expect Byleth's mother being special. Perhaps she's Seiros or a Seiros' descendant, or, more in line with Byleth's name, some kind of demon. Byleth's hair is green though, which often translates to divinity in Fire Emblem, at least in the Archanea/Valentia/Ylisse setting. 

The three lordlings will confront their families at some point

Be it because of the Crests or the church or the heads of their families being jerks, we'll see the lordlings confront their parents, most likely, and declare that they'll go their own way. Chances are this might be tied to Dimitri's "darkness" as well. 

Time turning will play a big part at the end of the story

My most out there theory that I don't necessarily believe will be proven right, but it's still fun to speculate. I imagine a scenario where the villain effectively wins and Byleth and co are too late to stop them, and that's when Sothis tries rewinding time further than she's done before (or gives Byleth more power or what have you) and it gives them enough time to confront the bad guy. 

7 hours ago, Thane said:

The class choice

You will choose your starting squad after having spent a little time with each class. The choice is determined by which side you fight for in the mock battle, with the other teachers joining the classes you didn't side with. 

This will not have major story ramifications, but will just determined your starting roster and perhaps some flavor text. You will get the other classes at a later point in their "canon" classes. 

Sothis and divinity

I think everyone expects Sothis to have some kind of connection with the goddess, the question is just what kind. 

I'll just go with the idea that Sothis is the "true" goddess and the one the church worships is a fake/usurper. She's bound to Byleth for some reason, as represented by the ropes in her outfit. 

Byleth has a special heritage

I'm kind of in the camp that expects Jeralt not to be their true father, but more than that, I expect Byleth's mother being special. Perhaps she's Seiros or a Seiros' descendant, or, more in line with Byleth's name, some kind of demon. Byleth's hair is green though, which often translates to divinity in Fire Emblem, at least in the Archanea/Valentia/Ylisse setting. 

The three lordlings will confront their families at some point

Be it because of the Crests or the church or the heads of their families being jerks, we'll see the lordlings confront their parents, most likely, and declare that they'll go their own way. Chances are this might be tied to Dimitri's "darkness" as well. 

Time turning will play a big part at the end of the story

My most out there theory that I don't necessarily believe will be proven right, but it's still fun to speculate. I imagine a scenario where the villain effectively wins and Byleth and co are too late to stop them, and that's when Sothis tries rewinding time further than she's done before (or gives Byleth more power or what have you) and it gives them enough time to confront the bad guy. 

For the class choices I believe depending on the class you choose you will experience the story from a different point of view while also having a different ending. By example if you were to choose the Black Eagles at the end of the story you would end up as a citizen of the empire and the same with the other two. Naturally if we include marriage you could also end up as Emperor, Queen or Wife to the Alliance Leader.

For Byleth‘s heritage it has either something to do with his mother or he is some kind of reincarnation of someone important who knew Sothis since in one scene she says that he somehow seems familiar.

For the three lord while I do believe there will be family problems for each of them I do not think it will be for each the same. In Edelgard‘s case it will probably be succession for the throne since she is called first in Line it wouldn’t be strange if there were other ones after all. In Dimitri‘s case I follow your opinion and say that he will confront his parents, though I think it will only be his father, and his darkness will play a important role. For Claude I don’t know.

• Dimtri is going to have something to do with the antagonists, seeing as how he's stated to have a dark side to him.
  • Jeralt is going to die. No shocker there.
  • Sothis is related to "The Goddess" in someway.
  • Byleth will be the first silent avatar, yet he'll/she'll be just as poorly written as the last 3 avatars.
  • One of the 3 lords is going to die.

That's all I can think of.

I was gonna predict the entire plot but that's a lot of effort so I'll predict pieces, spoilers in case I get any of this right.

Plot:
-  Sothis is downright the goddess.The war from Trailer 1 is between the Seiros loyalists(wanting to seal Sothis) and whipsword gang(people wanting to save the Sothis), a major plot twist will be that Seiros decided to try and seal Sothis after hearing something that Sothis said that was either evil or did not agree with what Seiros wanted. Could have Seiros as a morally grey character deciding to seal Sothis even though they have a link, or have Sothis be downright evil, but Idk if they'd be bold enough to make the loli marketing tactic into a well written villain.
- Jeralt isn't particularly special in terms of heritage, Byleth's mother is a descendant of Seiros.
- Jeralt's position as a general of the Knights of Seiros and a high ranking member of the Church will come into play in terms of what he knows - he will tell Byleth a secret about the hidden faction within the church with some overarching plan. Jeralt's good moral compass will never waver and cares about his kid over anything else, he joins later game like Mycen. He proves everyone wrong with the Greil comparisons by being a very compelling character.

Characters:
- Edelgard's father will be the Camus. He is an absolute tool, the Empire is very closely linked to the church and as a result her father is very reliant on the religion(think GoT - two pillars: the crown and the faith). After the church sort of turns on you, he will as well, his Camus-ness comes from his relation to Edelgard and the love for his daughter.
- Ferdinand will have very dry humour, he seems boring, but will often come out with a comment that kills the conversation.
- Dorothea comes from a wealthy merchant family, explains her fancy jewellery and accessories for a commoner, she serves the jokester, Orochi type, role.
- Petra is a mix between Mia and Lon'qu, not as bright and cheery as Mia, but not as quiet and to the point as Lon'qu(funny how they are both Myrmidons).
- Dimitri will be the slept on Lord of the three, but he will be the standout Lord story wise. I imagine a story somewhat like "he trains to be a tough soldier in order to survive as he is scared of the attrocities a war could bring", his arc goes {Thinking he's selfish for only caring about his own survival > trigger causing him to save Edel/Claude/By/his parents selflessly > realising he can fight for his own survival as well as those he cares about}
- The kids of the main 4 families of Leicester are al in the same class - Claude; Lystithea; Marianne; Hilda. The other 4 are commoners.
- The woman with the red sword is a Knight of Seiros, your father's deputy, a Flavia type. She and Geralt appear as green units on some important school missions but Jeralt orders her to accompany the party on their main quest(something to do with the crests after the main school arc is done).
- The other 2 teachers are assigned to the other 2 houses you don't pick, they'll be the "bosses" of house vs house maps. They're recruited after the main school arc, both as Mages probably.

Gameplay:
- Galeforce, Sol, Luna and Astra will be all combat arts, each draining 8 uses of a weapon. When in the second movement phase of Galeforce, no combat arts can be used.
- Personal skills are back, some are returning skills reappearing being locked to a unit rather than a class - like Wrath on Byleth.
- The class system being diverse allows for a few characters to get very unique personal classes - Jeralt gets the Captain class, which has access to Swords; Axes; Fighting and Armour.
- Edelgard's canon promotion is infantry axes & swords - Empress.
- Dimitri's canon promotion is cavalry lances & swords - Prince.
- Claude's canon promotion is flying bows & swords - Aristocrat.
- Byleth's canon promotion is armour swords & reason magic - Professor.

4 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

- Some combat Arts from Echoes make a comeback - Tigerstance and Mistdancer.
- The Close Counter(it will be called this in English) weapon skill acquired by Bow Levelling is able to be used alongside other 2 range weapons like magic.
- The highest level of Reason Magic will net you a skill called Farsight, allowing all offense spells to extend their range by 1.

A couple more, the way I typed that out made me sound like I knew a lot more than I was letting on, felt like a leaker for a hot minute lmao.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

Thr Holy Kingdom of Faerghus is corrupt, and Dmitri is in some small fashion complicit, thus his "tinge of darkness." He may or may not become antagonistic if you do not pick Blue Lions, but will stand against his nation and attempt to reform it if you do pick Blue Lions.

The Adrestrian Empire has a history of brutal conquest, but has become more progressive in the modern era of peace (much like Ylisse in Awakening). The current emperor will be an ally and fall in battle with the enemy faction, with Edelgard becoming the new Empress. 

Edited by Etheus

1 hour ago, Corrobin said:

Do you think Hubert and Edelgard could have a romance subplot?

I hope not personally. I think it would be nice if he was just loyal to her because he had a deep admiration for Edel rather than because he fancied her

3 hours ago, Corrobin said:

I wouldn't mind tbh, I think it would be interesting if anything. Or at least for sure more interesting than him simply being loyal to her.

7 hours ago, Corrobin said:

If they have S supports i doubt it, otherwise it has a chance but none of them look particularly that kind of character.

Based on Hubert's new trailer it seems many of the characters will have connections to each other(Jeralt and Rea, Hubert serving Edelgard) so I think Linhardt will be related to the guy who is seen with Rea. somehow. I think father or brother is most likely.

image.png.a593cd899d57c103d7f8efffe2a55c3c.pngimage.png.91dcdac218b162b29fc2f6f150f45748.png

Many of the Houses have parallels like with Ferdinand, Sylvain, Lorentz being more or less the "Boyd" of the group. I think each House will have their own Tactician or strategist. For Golden Deer I could see Ignace with a tactician role but not necessarily in service to Claude.  

Edited by TearsForFears

6 hours ago, ΔZZ said:

I hope not personally. I think it would be nice if he was just loyal to her because he had a deep admiration for Edel rather than because he fancied her

Agreed.

If s-supports are a thing and they have an s-support, I'd much prefer him developing feelings for her rather than him having them the whole time. Perhaps he could say something like, "My loyalty to you has always been just that; loyalty. Lately, however, I've been feeling... differently, and I've been trying to suppress it so it won't get in the way of my duty. …Wait; You -what?!" instead of the usual, "I liked you the whole time". I don't know; I just think the former is a lot more interesting (and hilarious). 

~ While Shadows of Valentia was probably first and foremost a loving remake of a game IS had a soft spot for, it was also to test out what people thought of the villager mechanic and the unique magic system.

~ Dread fighters will make a return as a normal class instead of a DLC one.

~~ The lore from the Valentia Accordion about how they use magic and how it messes with their mind will be shown in more detail here, as well as have more gameplay effects than higher resistance.

~ The student system is an expanded version of the villagers in Gaiden/SoV.

~ The "random chance to change into a different class" mechanic will really only apply if you're risking promoting/changing a student before they have all the credentials (I.E. promoting earlier than planned), and/or for the more powerful classes.

~ The magic system will be a hybrid of the traditional tome system and Gaidens/SoVs.

~ Some characters won't have the squad mechanic. Instead, they will be able to shapeshift, or will be a one-man-army will unique abilities that wouldn't be out of place in a different videogame genre.

~~ One of said shapeshifters will be able to turn into multiple beasts and fictional creatures, and not just a single animal.
~~ Every shapeshifting class in the series will be referenced.

~ Summoning will be back, and better balanced on both the player and the enemies ends.

~ The "bandit brothers" cliche will be back, with some twist:

~~ It will be a duel boss, and you have to fight them both at the same time.

~~ If you kill one, the other retreats and swears vengeance, starting a mini-arc about them trying to receive it.

~~ There is more than one brother.

~~ They're not actually bandits, but instead deserted and corrupt military officers.

~~ Any combination of the above.

~ They will try to replicate Gaiden/SoVs "one characters death affects a number of other characters endings".

~ There will be multiple endings.

~ Someone will say "shit".

~ New Game + will be a thing.

~ Characters that have a "never seen again" ending will make a cameo or two, but it won't affect the gameplay or plot in any way.

2 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

They will try to replicate Gaiden/SoVs "one characters death affects a number of other characters endings"

I honestly hope they do this. It's one of things i love about SoV since it made character deaths feel that much more impactful. The closest we ever got aside from that were some Supports in Path of Radiance that change if certain characters died.

2 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

New Game + will be a thing.

Now the question is, will it be New Game+ in that you play the game again but it carries over what you had before+some neat bonuses or will it be Radiant Dawn New Game+ in which important plot points are only revealed in New Game+?

Headcanon: the reason Hubert looks the way he does is because he's angsting about the fact his parents named him Hubert.

WHO NAMES THEIR CHILD HUBERT!?

I'm having flashbacks to Chuggaaconroy's jokes about "Hilbert the Hero".

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

I honestly hope they do this. It's one of things i love about SoV since it made character deaths feel that much more impactful. The closest we ever got aside from that were some Supports in Path of Radiance that change if certain characters died.

Agreed. Granted, I do think that people underestimate how sad certain solo endings can be in the context that a loved one died, but after what Shadows of Valentia accomplished, I don't really see them going back.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Now the question is, will it be New Game+ in that you play the game again but it carries over what you had before+some neat bonuses or will it be Radiant Dawn New Game+ in which important plot points are only revealed in New Game+?

Well, I was thinking more in the line of XCOMs second wave options, but basically, give the player the option to make the game easier, harder, or weirder. Such as increasing or decreasing experience gain and growth rates, allow the player to mess around with lategame characters and items from the start, and adding unique mechanics that change how you play the game, such as characters becoming weaker as their HP drops or having the 1hp lost when hit mechanic back from Echoes, among countless other ideas. I also wouldn't mind if there were a few goofier options, such as everyone wearing sunglasses, or having more dialogue break the fourth wall. Basically, I want IS to get creative with the New Game + if they decide to add it, and allow the game to be taken in several different directions through it.

To avoid having to type the whole thing out again: 

Basically my prediction is that Sothis is half a goddess (hence the amnesia), the antagonists are working to awaken the other half and bear her symbol (the one we saw on old man jenkins in the E3 trailer is the same one Sothis wears if you closely at her art), and that at some point whichever side wins the war with Byleth's help (or all three, most likely all three) will now have to face the true antagonists who'd been manipulating the other countries to fight because y'all know it's going to happen

I'm still curious about that pale looking empty eyed not-gharnef though, I feel like he'd be a walking spoiler if we knew anything about him.

On 2019-05-04 at 12:16 PM, Etheus said:

The Holy Kingdom of Faerghus is corrupt, and Dimitri is in some small fashion complicit, thus his "tinge of darkness." He may or may not become antagonistic if you do not pick Blue Lions, but will stand against his nation and attempt to reform it if you do pick Blue Lions.

My theory: there's a dark side to the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus; their culture places a great emphasis on knights and chivalry, and my prediction is that many among the upper class adhere to the letter of whatever Chivalry means to Faerghus, but most certainly not the spirit. 

As for how this affects Dimitri: my prediction is that he used to be complicit, until a particular incident made him realize what he was doing. Now, he wants to embody the ideal of chivalry, but he's not sure if he can. 

4 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

As for how this affects Dimitri: my prediction is that he used to be complicit, until a particular incident made him realize what he was doing. Now, he wants to embody the ideal of chivalry, but he's not sure if he can. 

Maybe he feels as if someone who takes part in corruption isn't truly fit to be a knight, let alone inherit the throne, and feels guilty about being in a position he doesn't think he deserves.

2 hours ago, TheDreamReturns said:

Maybe he feels as if someone who takes part in corruption isn't truly fit to be a knight, let alone inherit the throne, and feels guilty about being in a position he doesn't think he deserves.

Perhaps. That could be interesting. 

Some wild and some not so wild predictions:

-Jeralt will survive and join near the end game as an uber-powerful playable character, like an Athos or Laguz King.

-Surprising everyone, the protag's mom actually won't have some super secret bloodline or anything, she was just a normal human. There's a different reason for the protag's connection to Sothis.

-The Church of Serios is not actually evil, not entirely at least. They may have a corruption issue you have to deal with but won't be the main/primary antagonists.

-The game is actually a stealth sequel to the Telios games.

-There will be at least one minor time skip during the game, possibly more.

-While the students who aren't a part of the house you pick may eventually join you in the game later on, you won't be able to customize them the way you can your own students.

-Which house you pick will have a fair impact on the game, but it won't be a complete route split like in Fates. Early on, some missions will be the same regardless (such as tracking down the bandits that you fought when protecting Edelgard) but a lot of them will be unique and specific to solving troubles faced by each house. As the game progresses and the real threat is revealed, the house specific missions will be reduced in number, but the lord of the house you picked will end up playing a central role in the conflict and possibly even determine aspects of the ending.

-Some of the player choices (and I don't just mean the House choice near the start) will have a notable impact on the story and effect the ending.

-As might be expected by this actually being a sequel to the Telios games, demi-humans beyond just dragons will be involved and be playable characters.

Why does Deuxdeux/Dewdew/Dudoh/whatever owe Dimitri a debt? Did Dimitri save his life? Rescue him from poverty?