OC Idea? (Spoiler Warning For Awakening, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn)

Guest Allison

Guest Allison

SPOILERS LAY AHEAD! (Used to explain idea process)

Hey there everyone, so to sum things up I'm a little new to Fire Emblem. I've played some of the games in the past and have just started getting into the lore but I enjoy the role playing aspect as well. My specific question is based on looking into the creation of an OC who is descended from a Laguz line of dragons or a Wolf Laguz. I wasn't sure how to go about this and was wondering if it could fit into the timeline of Awakening or if I should base my OC on something else. I kind of wanted the OC to be a descendant of Rajaion and/or Ena's line since they were the only canon Laguz dragons to have an Unnamed Child which could lead to a Descendant but the likelihood of any of them surviving to Awakening's point is slim to none (As shown with Panne's supports and the persecution of Taguel) at the same time the Dragon Laguz bear enough resemblance to humans/Beorc  to pass as one in a human/Beorc form so I believe there could be a slim, if somewhat far fetch'd, possibility of this working out. Priam was another source I looked at since he is a descendant from Ike, a character from Rajaion and Ena's time, as well. This isn't really based on game play mechanics (As I don't believe Robin can class into a Taguel or Manakeet form) but rather on the idea of creating a fun OC to play as in Fire Emblem Awakening Role Plays. I'm willing to make a different character of course which is more human/Beorc based but I enjoyed poking at this idea and was wondering what you guys thought :3

Would it work out? Why or why not? How would I manage such a character to fit into Awakening's story and lore without making it a Mary Sue or Gary Sue?

Other questions I worried about was whether or not Laguz could be considered as the ancestor of Taguel and if the character should be a Taguel instead. Manakeets and Dragon Laguz aren't related as far as I know so I didn't see that idea working out to well. But again, I'm open to all sorts of ideas and or interpretations of this :3

Experienced OC creator here. The idea could work out in theory, but it really depends on how experienced you are at making OCs. If you're just starting out it may be wise to try something else.

Laguz and taguel are different imo. There were no rabbit laguz. Manaketes and dragon laguz are similar, but not the same thing.

As for the Sue/Stu thing, that's also entirely dependent on how long you've been making OCs. There is also a test you can take on Springhole.net to help with this.

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

Laguz and taguel are different imo. There were no rabbit laguz.

That we knew of.

But yeah, in theory it's plausible. And I mean, if you want to have a reason why they can't formshift, wasn't the interbreeding between Beorc and Laguz said to only produce a Branded with no real shifting ability? And the descendents beyond that weren't guranteed to inherit the brand but still could?

Well there ya go.