Best girl is back

Cysx

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Who's that supposed to be?  Someone from a previous game?

No, it's just a character we saw in a three different shots in trailer two. But apparently it's just a generic model.

42 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Haha, nice catch.

Too bad we don't know of any additional students yet.

I wonder what happens if you let your students die early...

Less parent-teacher conferences

I'm joking, of course. Only the Three House leaders will have parents.

I wonder if a student dies due to a school mission, that the parents have a right to sue. But I feel like this is the type of school to make all parents sign a contract saying they can't sue and assume all liabilities. 

8 hours ago, VincentASM said:

I wonder what happens if you let your students die early...

It most likely counts as a failing grade.  Too many of those means that the Church will send an observer to evaluate how you, the teacher, are doing.  Many meetings will be had, standards will be invoked, and Sothis, after remembering That One Traumatic Exam (seven hours, no bathroom breaks, and 61 word problems which could be interpreted in five different ways), will show up and smack me over the head for being a bad influence on my now-deceased students. :P:

Realistically, less units to use on a map.  I can't see students being pulled from other classes just to fill out your failing one.

Edited by eclipse

It'd be an interesting idea if they brought back generic replacements ala the DS games. They'd have the whole academy thing to justify it. Though they wouldn't become part of the class, limiting their customization.

I'd think it would be quite bold if the game actually gave you a Game Over if a big enough % of the class is dead. So I mostly doubt that will happen.

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

It most likely counts as a failing grade.  Too many of those means that the Church will send an observer to evaluate how you, the teacher, are doing.  Many meetings will be had, standards will be invoked, and Sothis, after remembering That One Traumatic Exam (seven hours, no bathroom breaks, and 61 word problems which could be interpreted in five different ways), will show up and smack me over the head for being a bad influence on my now-deceased students. :P:

Realistically, less units to use on a map.  I can't see students being pulled from other classes just to fill out your failing one.

Oh crap, I'm starting to feel the stress of an actual teacher...

But in all seriousness, I am tempted to try and see what happens. Of course, you can normally rewind time to fix things, but I want to imagine what it's like without game-breaking powers XD

14 hours ago, VincentASM said:

But in all seriousness, I am tempted to try and see what happens. Of course, you can normally rewind time to fix things, but I want to imagine what it's like without game-breaking powers XD

I'm curious as to how the time rewind affects Lord death. Presumably, you don't get a gameover if you use it to rewind from the death of a Lord. But at the same time, that means you don't HAVE to use it to avert the death of a different character. In which case, Byleth is actively choosing to let someone die for strategic gain, which is cold as hell really.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2019 at 6:16 PM, Onestep said:

I'm curious as to how the time rewind affects Lord death. Presumably, you don't get a gameover if you use it to rewind from the death of a Lord. But at the same time, that means you don't HAVE to use it to avert the death of a different character. In which case, Byleth is actively choosing to let someone die for strategic gain, which is cold as hell really.

Lord deaths are probably game overs, so you can't rewind, similar to SOV. Got me wondering now though if it's like Fates where, say if Camilla dies, she just can't be used ever again but appears in cutscenes still.

On 4/26/2019 at 6:16 PM, Onestep said:

In which case, Byleth is actively choosing to let someone die for strategic gain, which is cold as hell really.

This does happen in casual mode lol. Actually, it's arguably worse cause they're just injured.

5 hours ago, Roland said:

.....Uh, I'm afraid this is lost on me. We talking about the Jojo Meme Lady here, or someone else entirely?

It's about the brown-haired girl that we've seen in multiple trailers in the background that has an unusual face and seemingly doesn't belong to any of the houses.

On 26/04/2019 at 12:27 PM, VincentASM said:

On 27/04/2019 at 3:16 AM, Onestep said:

I dunno guys, putting your students under the bus seems like what any "normal" teacher would do. :p

I mean, it's not your fault if your students fails, that mean they clearly don't want to work.
They failed their not-casual exams. :p

Anyone who survives the class passes.  

There is no pass or fail in my classroom.  Your true test comes when the battlefield begins.  

No really though, that is probably what it is (even if there is an in-game/lore that there is a possibility of failing, I seriously doubt that anyone actually will).  

Imagine being able to just fail a student who kept getting poor marks on their brigand certification exam - they have to stay at the academy another year while you go on to adventures/save the world with the rest of the class.  People would probably actually do it too - be it for memes/to see what happens/for disliked characters.  

On 4/25/2019 at 4:51 PM, Cysx said:

dPyqOlo.jpg

I think there might be something very wrong with her face.

Zoom and enhance:

Spoiler

zj1kewotf1vgvwq8ya11_400x400.jpeg

In all seriousness, it's hard to say how weird-looking she is with the like 20 square pixels available for her face in this shot, and the game's poor anti-aliasing.

I think she might be just a generic red shirt student, and nothing more.

Or its like Cold steel, where NPC students are actual characters with personalities and backstories.

Edited by User name

8 hours ago, User name said:

I think she might be just a generic red shirt student, and nothing more.

Or its like Cold steel, where NPC students are actual characters with personalities and backstories.

Yeah...I don't really think IS can match Falcom in that regard.