Positivity Thread

Browsing everywhere FE 3H there is a lot of hate and negative hype around so its hard to discuss the game without drowning on it. So lets try a positive only thread.

I like the art, so far I love all females except like 2 but still like them. Seems like we will have 4 males and females per house, which means one of them will end single if S supports are back and you romance one them.

Gold Deer was my least liked but the new girls shown today really gave the house more appeal.

I love silent protags so I'm happy if avatar is one, will be funny to see comics mocking it.

Lets hear all that Positivity.

9 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

It looks like I will be able to turn all my axe fighters into mage knights and all my other units into axe fighters, which I am quite interested in.

If it want for Awakening a Cleric wielding Axes would had been a crazy build.

I liked that moment in Shadows of Valencia when the villagers promoted to various classes, so I'm looking forward to seeing that concept made into an entire game.

I'm excited to see the story and characters unfold

I'm looking forward to seeing how the series progresses. 

You know...I was considering making a thread like this myself, but I'm glad someone else made it, it makes me know that I'm not the only one who sees how much hate this game has been getting by these so called "fans"

I'm looking froward to this game for few reasons really, the first being the world...which I know might be a weird reason, but I love a good built world, and I think we would be getting that here.

I don't mind silent avatars that are like in the Persona games, so if we got one for FE, I would be down ^_^ I played Persona 3, and...I loved it, the main character might not have looked like me 100% but the many choices you get in a Persona game makes the protagonist's personality feels a lot closer to you, so I really wouldn't mind if FE went down that path here, even if it wasn't original, if it works it works. 

Also the game-play is something I'm really looking froward too,  I loved having an impact on units classes in FE15 with the whole villager thing, and it seem like that would be back but in a even bigger way in FE16.

As much as I don't like F!Avatar's outift, I do appreciate that she is wearing leggings. Her outfit is better than F!Corrin's by a long shot. And all things considered, it's not ridiculously fanservicy (looking at you, Camilla, Nyx, Dark Mage, and Female Nohr Noble outfit).

I see equal amounts of positivity and negativity, it's probably all selective memory.

I like the reclassing we are seeing we will get and the turnwheel Ithing I like a lot.

I'm just hyped about being able to play a new Fire Emblem game in general because sometimes I'll play Fire Emblem games for the gameplay as a means to de-stress.

The internet is a breeding ground for harsh criticism, bold accusations, and jumping the gun but I take solace in the fact that there's still that potential to change those criticisms because experiencing something first-hand is going to be different than just seeing the information presented to you. How do you apply what you've learned about the game and use that knowledge when the game is in your hands? 

I'm cautiously optimistic and I can't wait to delve into what Three Houses has to offer. I'm really intrigued by the bits of story that have been hinted and some of the theories that have been floating around.

Edited by carefreejules

I like what's been presented so far for world building. Things are looking to be rather Tellius-like which is probably a good thing. I also enjoy the three protagonists. I hope they'll play off each other well just like the Blazing Sword Trio.

I understand why people don't like the artwork. Stylistically it's very flat, especially in the eyes. Some of the promotional art looks amateurish (i.e. the game cover, and the official full-body character art... they feel off-model somehow). However seeing hi-res versions of the in-game portraits, which you'll see all the time, those look very sharp and polished. That has me feeling better about the art in general.

Also this is a small thing, but I like how all the portraits are looking at the viewer in this game. It invites the player to feel more involved in the goings-on. Not that I didn't like the classic Fire Emblem talking heads format. But this feels like a nice carry-over from SoV.

3 hours ago, Rose482 said:

You know...I was considering making a thread like this myself, but I'm glad someone else made it, it makes me know that I'm not the only one who sees how much hate this game has been getting by these so called "fans"

Vocal minority is out with pitchforks for this one for some reason. Being an old veteran FE player yet liking the new makes me feel like some weird oddity sometimes.

It's not really something about the gameplay, or the characters, or stuff like that. A minor thing even; but it still brings me to like it:

The fact there are going to be cats just roaming around the academy. Or at least just the one. I just simply like that deatil to give more life to the place. Cat/10, day-1 purchase... if I had a Switch, that is.

THE WOMEN WHO FIGHT WEAR SHORTS!  Or, at least Edel/Byleth are.  Sothis doesn't look like she'll join us on the battlefield, so I don't mind her skirt.

I'm glad that the representative for the yellow house has darker skin.  Claude's skin tone is perfect for his house's colors, IMO.

Speaking of the houses, I don't see one for swords, and it's a refreshing change!

I'll comment on the actual gameplay when there's more info available.

With the limited information we've got, I think the class system is what appeal to me the most in terms of gameplay. Dragon riding boxing squad will be the only true way to play this game. 

So far the descriptions of the house leaders sound good. It sounds like there'll be a good balance there unless Dimitri and Edelgard overlap. Claude in particular seems promising, and the Empire preferring to use magic sounds cool; hoping for lore on that point. 

Everyone dresses in clothes that look plausible within the setting, more or less. There also seems to be plenty of weapon diversity, which might be for Heroes' sake more than anything but I sure appreciate it. Wish Byleth used magic though. 

Overall the gameplay seems solid and very alluring. I am a bit concerned over the setting but if they play their cards well and focus on worldbuilding and creating a strong narrative, then I can see the school setting working. 

I really have nothing negative to say about this game at the time. While I used to dislike reclassing in most games since most reclasses made the characters make less sense or were incompatible with their story-sprites, I did always like the gameplay aspect of it. This game seems like it will be doing the reclassing right when it comes to story-reasons.

So long as they don't make this 3 separate games (or lock the house you choose and make us pay extra for the other houses) this game has a pretty good chance of ending up in my top 5 FE games.

There are many character designs that I find interesting ! I like Edelgard, Bernadetta, Petra, Dorothea, Mercedes, Claude, Leonie, Lysithea.... I can't wait to know them better ! And I also appreciate that they took a Persona-like school setting, and we get to have some slice of life gameplay and getting to know everyone better off the battlefield. And if you cannot play with all of them when you choose one house over the others, I'm excited to play it three times !

Also excited about the let's-do-what-we-want-with-classes (if I understood correctly). I loved to make an assassin out of Olivia in Awakening, it sure was fun. And Edelgard as a Brigand sure looked good !

And, last but not least, CATS. I needed that. (However, if you cannot pet the cat, I'm gonna get angry.)

It'll probably be the most replayable entry in the series. Not only is there the house selection thing, but the character development aspect seems to be far more complex than in prior games. 

Of the highest importance, the game is still a turn-based strategy game, featuring all the core aspects that I love from the series.

Free roaming and cross-student interactions opens up the potential to get most character development out any FE game so far. How far will it go? The secondary characters chatting scenes we've seen so far seems to be heading in a good direction. If we can get event-sensitive talks with the characters, then it can pass even PoR / RD camp conversations. No clue if it will actually happen, but all the framework is already in place so it seems likely to me.

There's a few interesting characters in there; Petra and Leonie in particular gets a big thumbs up for me. 

There's a lot of skills involved here to get, and I'm all for it personally. It looks like we'll get a fair variety of classes too this time around (if the partial list we've seen from the Nintendo direct is the Intermediate classes, I'm curious as to what the Advanced will be).

Some of the promoted class outfits looks nice (Leonie's warrior outfit in particular), and I'm looking forward to see the intermediate and advanced outfits. One of my main issue with the visual style was that everyone looked the same (especially on the battlefield maps), but you seemingly get first promotion pretty fast and since I always love to diversify my classes (bar usually using too many pegasus), characters should start looking distinct soon enough.

I was very negative at F.Byleth's outfit originally, but in the newest footage and art it doesn't look that bad. I'm still not a fan, but I'm not cringing at it anymore and my dislike of it eased enough for me to stop complaining about it much and I'm pretty sure by the time's release I won't even think about it anymore.

Edited by Ayra