Legendary Hero: Alm - Saint King

Jave

Alm being a colorless bow is a bit unexpected but it's better in the long run, colored bows are pretty crappy tbh. RIP for those that were expecting his conqueror outfit for CYL3 (I wasn't, he's more likely to be just like B!Celica with the Gaiden theme).

Considering his kit I expect him to have high Atk (around 36~38) and mid tier Spd (32~35), no idea about his defenses. 

The rest of the banner doesn't look very appealing to me, getting a W!Eirika merge to get rid of the -Atk would be wonderful but that can wait until the Christmas banner re-run. Anyways, I'm at a 4.5% pity rate on the Picnic banner and Flora seems to be the better investment right now, so I'll keep pulling there.

Edited by Alexmender

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I understand his bow properly:

Free 25% damage against any unit before combat (or is it damage added during combat?). Including against super tanks. He's going to crush a lot of AR teams if that's the case. And already comes with Null Followup to deal with Wary Fighter or Vengeful Fighter + DC stuff. And then his special is also kinda nuts assuming his speed is as good as it appears to be. 

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I was excited at first because it's Alm and then saw that he's colorless. Should've been a red bow. I have no idea why IS keeps refusing to give us one, this makes no sense... Alm was the best candidate for one and they just drop the ball there.

There's no one else I'm interested in seriously pulling for here, so this will be a clean skip for me. Red for free pull and that's all I'll do. I don't have a lot of orbs anyway.

truthfully - I'd say (especially if Alm has good res) - him being Colourless is a lot better for him than him Being red. (and I would also like to have a Red bow). 

i wouldn't say they are "refusing" to give us one. it just hasn't happened yet. 

Just now, daisy jane said:

truthfully - I'd say (especially if Alm has good res) - him being Colourless is a lot better for him than him Being red. (and I would also like to have a Red bow). 

i wouldn't say they are "refusing" to give us one. it just hasn't happened yet. 

You could technically be right, but I felt Alm was the best candidate for red bow at the moment.

Well, it sure feels like refusing when colored bows were implemented a year ago and we've gotten at least two of the other two colors at this point...

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

You could technically be right, but I felt Alm was the best candidate for red bow at the moment.

Well, it sure feels like refusing when colored bows were implemented a year ago and we've gotten at least two of the other two colors at this point...

I dont know when Lyn came. I know Lucina was around my birthday (July). and then we got two greens (and no more blues). 
We have 1 Red Dagger (Flora), and 1 Blue Dagger (stupid Ylgr). 

so we're missing. Green Dagger  and Red Bow. 

i think they are coming. 
(though yah. i guess it could make more sense Alm being Red Bow) - but truthfully (as I'm pretty sure his CYL3 will be Red), i'm glad his Legendary is colourless. a bit easier to implement. (would he even need C-Duel Infantry for arena?)

Oh yeah, colored daggers are another reason I really want a red bow. We have all three colors in daggers now, but still not all three in bows. Really weird.

On a different note, Darting Blow 4 looks to have a typo. It says Spd+9, but its Atk equivalent in Death Blow 4 only gives Atk+8. Shouldn't both be +8 for the respective stat?

And to say something positive, btw, I admit legendary Alm's animation and weapon look awesome.

I think Alm being a colorless Bow also makes sense, because of Echoes being without weapon Triangle...

But yeah, its a shame we have to wait for a red bow, but this banner was a colorless hero anyway, so it wasn't the time for a red bow anyway. Maybe they got something in stash for the upcoming banners...

I admit that I barely use bows and he is one of the first I am tempted to use...

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I dont know when Lyn came. I know Lucina was around my birthday (July). and then we got two greens (and no more blues). 
We have 1 Red Dagger (Flora), and 1 Blue Dagger (stupid Ylgr). 

so we're missing. Green Dagger  and Red Bow. 

i think they are coming. 
(though yah. i guess it could make more sense Alm being Red Bow) - but truthfully (as I'm pretty sure his CYL3 will be Red), i'm glad his Legendary is colourless. a bit easier to implement. (would he even need C-Duel Infantry for arena?)

Halloween Niles is a blue bow. Yukata Elincia and Hot Spring Hinoka are green daggers. We're only missing red bow.

I'd take a red bow Brave Alm. Though I expect him to get the classic treatment like Celica did, which means the weirdo dong armor he used to have. :/

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

On a different note, Darting Blow 4 looks to have a typo. It says Spd+9, but its Atk equivalent in Death Blow 4 only gives Atk+8. Shouldn't both be +8 for the respective stat?

In japanese it says the same, so it should be 9. Maybe they made it higher because raising only speed itself looks underwhelming. And its often like this that Def/Res, Speed and Attack are scaled differently on skills. Like Armored Blow 4 would have +10 Def with another tweak I guess. xD

Maybe they didn't make Alm a Red bow unit because he would be too meta. He would absolutely destroy all the Green Armor threats in the game. Even then being colorless makes him deal with everything in general.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, colored daggers are another reason I really want a red bow. We have all three colors in daggers now, but still not all three in bows. Really weird.

And to say something positive, btw, I admit legendary Alm's animation and weapon look awesome.

Darting Blow 4 giving +9 Spd isn't necessarily a typo. Since Sturdy Impact gives +10 def I bet that Armored Blow 4 would give like +12 Def or something.

Dang Ninja'd

Edited by LoneStar

I have none of the colorless units, and Alm looks good, so I’ll probably pull that. If I’m feeling lucky I might try for a Nailah to get rid of -Def, but Fjorm scares me. Roy is tempting, but I’ve already got both Marth and Ike. Green is a good color too, but nobody I really need.

1 minute ago, LoneStar said:

Maybe they didn't make Alm a Red bow unit because he would be too meta. He would absolutely destroy all the Green Armor threats in the game. Even then being colorless makes him deal with everything in general.

Bunny Palla is already exactly the bold though, so...?

1 minute ago, ChickenBits said:

Apparently stats are already out 

Hide contents

40|37|37|26|22. 37/37 offensives is wild. Boy is gonna have a lot of speed~

He's one of the best pp archers now~

Wow, that is really impressive. Darting Blow 4 will make him wildly fast and that's not even accounting for any buffs allies would give him. o_O

Alm is colorless! Thank Naga.

I am going to save my Orbs though.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think it is better for them to take their time releasing colored bows. GA!Lucina's saving grace is her high movement range via Future Vision, and without that, she would not be that great either.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Should be right. Offensively, Death Blow 4 and Swift Sparrow 3 would have the lowest total stat increase due to how powerful the Atk and Atk/Spd are. Darting Blow is pathetic by itself, so it makes sense to bump it up a little.

No flying staff Elincia or Troubadour L'Arachel so I'm safe for another month. Glad that the colorless LH/MH pool is getting more representation.

Not sure how I feel about Darting Blow 4 though. Are they trying to test how far the players will accept the ceiling on boosts? Granted stats are valued differently depending on a unit's stat distribution but it does make me wonder if bigger boosts will be coming our way.    

So the bow is pretty much just Deathblow. Kinda. Assuming enemy have 36 DEF, it increases damage by 9, this is super strong but it is essentially simmilar to Eliwood's Durandal which gives 10 ATK and 4 SPD - 10 ATK = Alm bow against 40 DEF so.... yeah the big difference is Alm actually have good stats while Eliwood compensates for his lower stats

such is life

Its kinda weird how strong Moonbow get overtime

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Should be right. Offensively, Death Blow 4 and Swift Sparrow 3 would have the lowest total stat increase due to how powerful the Atk and Atk/Spd are. Darting Blow is pathetic by itself, so it makes sense to bump it up a little.

I disagree, Darting Blow is great. That extra 6 speed could be the difference in whether you're going to double and kill something.

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Whoa, dude, do you have to be hostile? Chill.

I want a red bow because we have multiple blue and green bows while red bow is still enemy only. Why did they even implement colored bows if they weren't actually going to fill all three colors with playable units? It makes their implementation bad and dumb, not to mention causes green fliers to have more advantage than they should since they have no red bows to threaten them in modes like arena and such.

Mainly, I just want to complete the set too. I hate not having complete bow colors in my barracks. xP

I suppose though, if I happened to pull this Alm randomly on this or some other banner, I would keep him though, since I do like him as a character. It's kinda silly to give up on him entirely just because he's not my preferred color for him, now that I think a bit more on it.

EDIT: @Fire Emblem Fan Exactly! Thank you.

I admit I am kind of surprised to see Alm as a Colorless Bow, I was thinking red. I'd imagine he would use a bow though I'm so please. Maybe they wanted variety in the colorless pool, since we only have 3 Legendary/Mythical heroes.  Don't think I pull though. I'm really low for pulling P!Felicia, and I don't want to broke by Leanne or Erika. 

24 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

He's one of the best pp archers now~

Were it not for infantry mobility, I don't think there'd even be a debate as to his status as best PP archer.

Okay, so holy fuck. He gets moonbow on every single attack as long as he initiates? And he has a personal 2CD skill that plays into his strengths? And gen 3 infantry BST.?

Spoiler

And best offensive statline in the game?

IS isn't even trying to be subtle anymore. Then again they haven't been for a while. Still, in this day and age, good on him for being dope. He's going to have a field day with Flashing Blade and Desperation or even just sticking with his default Null Follow-up, though sustain might be a bit of a problem there.

Less stat focused: He looks awesome and while I like Alm a lot, the rest of the banner makes me feel better about blowing all my orbs failing to get Ike of all freaking people. Much as I'd like Alm, he's literally the only character I don't have and want on the banner and if Hrid's debut taught me anything, committing in that situation on an LHB is a bad idea. But glad it's not should've been Brave staff Celica. I like Alm a lot, but I'm a bit more fond of Celica and staff Celica would've been far more tempting. And thank Askr, Hel, Naga, Anankos, etc. it wasn't Gustav.

Well, back to saving for Hrid or failing to get Ike. -_-

Edited by bottlegnomes