Legendary Hero: Alm - Saint King

Jave

3 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

So can I start hating on Alm now or do I have to wait for 3 more alts to be validate?

How many do you have so far?

He's only +1 at the moment, hahah. But, well, slow and steady wins the race?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks sweet. Banner is different from what I was expecting in a lot of ways, but I'll stick to my "if Leanne shows up" plan of going for red and colorless at the start. Not sure about green, since I'm missing all three units and they're all kinda cool but nothing critical by my standards.

Eh, banner's good enough to at least spend full summons till I get my first hero and then hold back again.

WEirika, LAlm, Hector and Nailah are the characters I'm most interested in.

LMarth, LRoy, Fjorm and LIke are characters I wouldn't mind pulling.

Sue and Fjorm really are the only one's I really don't want. Just not a fan of ColoredBow Cavalry and I'm not that invested in either character.

ALM FINALLY HAS AN ALT! YES! MY FAVORITE LORD HAS AN ALT! AND IT'S THE CONQUEROR OVERCLASS!

Thank god I have over 800 orbs saved. This is the best belated birthday gift ever.

@AnacybeleAlso, I'm actually happy that Legendary Alm is a colorless bow instead of a red bow because 1. We finally have a colorless legendary hero that isn't Female Grima, thank god, and 2. Red Bow is kind of a terrible combination considering a good majority of the flying units in this game are blue units.

42 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

@AnacybeleAlso, I'm actually happy that Legendary Alm is a colorless bow instead of a red bow because 1. We finally have a colorless legendary hero that isn't Female Grima, thank god, and 2. Red Bow is kind of a terrible combination considering a good majority of the flying units in this game are blue units.

I've heard that explanation already from others, you didn't need to tell me. It still doesn't excuse how long we've gone without a playable red bow and the fact that green fliers still have a bit of an advantage without them. Some green fliers are really good now too, like flying Nino and Cherche.

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I wouldn't mind a re-skin feature where on the client side, you replace any given unit with the sprite and general art of any other unit you own. People fighting you in arena and whatnot would still see the base unit for countering purposes. If I want a +10 Dire Thunder-wielding blue mage cavalry Palla, what of it?

More games need to be like Xenoblade Chronicles X and offer Fashion Armor-like things. Meaning what your unit is actually wearing for gameplay and what they look like they're wearing are not the same. I could be decked it in Orphean Technologies heavy armor, and appear to be wearing a swimsuit with cat ears on my head. Maybe that explains some Seasonal Armors.

For FEH, that would be Fashion Art. Hate Standard Eliwood's Eyes? Just assign him LAwood's art. Think Roy really is Ninian's son? Change his art to Bride Ninian. Want to make your team of Witch Nowi, Delthea, Nino, and Spa Sakura look manly for a change of pace? Just replace their art with that of Jagen, Wrys, Ogma, and Gunter.

9 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

The only correct answer for staff legendary is Leif.

I'll also accept Seliph taking after his mother and using a staff as another correct answer.

I was thinking solely of legendary staffs and powerful personal staffs, so I forgot MK Leif. But yes, we must hope for him.

And why not Deirdre herself? For a slight visual twist, dress her up as Arvis's wife- full imperial Grannvalian regalia, she was Empress after all.

We'll be out of lords eventually (albeit none of the Jugdralis have been used yet), and then we can start turning to characters who play a significant role in supporting the lords.  And I don't think for reasons of limited possibilities we'll convert over to only Mythics. Think of the new possibilities. Whisper Sothe, Ninian with massively powerful Dancer Ring buffs for skill effects, fast Dracoknight Caeda, Tactician Jagen, L'Egendary L'Arachel, Something Elffin, Shota Oifey,  Legendary C*shot dead beyond recognition*.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

The characters that are likely to be Legendary yet to release are:

Celica, Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Eliwood, Micaiah, Chrom, Corrin and Xander

There are probably more; but these are the ones that makes sense.

Edited by Troykv

Red and gray are top priority. Roy (for merges) and Alm (the new standard in archers) have color-mates I wouldn't mind getting.

Green is medium priority. I don't have Winter Fae or Sue, and I could get a better asset for Legendary Hector, but I'd rather get Roy merges or Alm over any of them.

Blue is low priority. I already +10'd Fjorm.

11 hours ago, XRay said:

Armored Blow and Warding Blow should be getting bigger boosts. If kept the same at +8, they would be pathetic and very underwhelming.

On Player Phase, the most valued stats are Atk, then Spd, and finally Def/Res. Atk is the most valuable stat since all Player Phase units need Atk. Spd is slightly less valuable due to one shot nukes and Brave nukes being a thing; Spd is still valuable, it just is not as highly demanded since it is pretty easy to double things already. Def/Res are useless for one shot nukes and Brave nukes, and Desperation nukes only need the bare minimum to reliably reach Desperation range.

The problem with Armored Blow and Warding Blow are the stats they boost are not as valued as other stats in the player phase. Regardless of how much stats they give, it's just not going to be as valued like Atk and to a lesser extent Spd depending on the type of offensive play style like you said. More attack power is good but too much speed is a thing so it makes sense for them to be more generous with the stat boost for Darting Blow. I just hope they don't apply the same leniency to skills that are already good enough as it is. Bold Fighter 4 can stay in the imagination. My thing is, if they're going to push offense, the enemy defensive skills need to keep up. The main problem is their reluctance to release skills into the 4* pool. Give me QR3 in the 4* pool already. 

6 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Niles, and Jeorge have refines too. (I forgot - i just don't use them) lol

You hurt me

6 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Yep.

Didn't think I'd ever see SHINee posted on SF

Now I'll forever associate the dong armor with this, SMH

Looks like colorless would be my priority color for this banner - wouldn't mind a merge (or a copy with better IVs) of Winter Eirika, Alm is ridiculous because of his base kit, and I have yet to pull Leanne.

All 3 of the colors aren't looking too hot to me right now.

Red: Already have several different dragonkillers. Been going on for a long while without any Breath fodder (haven't received actual Breath fodder for over a year now).

Blue: Fjorm lost a lot of value by no longer being an Askr bonus unit in Arena (she can be really good but I've never pulled a single Fjorm before and I've never pulled Lewyn or Keaton before). Already have Nailah whom I still haven't foddered off yet. Already have Winter Ephraim and am not really looking for Bold Fighter.

Green: Winter Fae's a huge dud. Sue's OK but I can live without Hone Spd 4. I still have 2 Legend Hector manuals I'm still on the fence on using as merges or fodder.

Alm and colorless overall looks great on this banner, but I'll have to skip so I can keep saving for other things. I don't have any of them and would like Leanne and even Eirika as well, but brides and summer are coming up, plus the astra mythic next month which will be required for AR scoring. All I can say about Alm is "we are very concerned about power creep." I don't look forward to seeing him whaled out on AR defense teams in the near future, especially not during his bonus weeks.

I may need to summon colorless. The new Alm looks handy, and Leanne and Christmas Eirika are the other two colorless units, both of which I don't have (but I have their brothers, who I prefer anyway, but it's not like I dislike the sisters.) Colorless will at least be my free pull, but I've managed to save up about 60 orbs. I may need to keep that going until I have 200 or so so that I can summon units I really want (like Valentine's Ike.)

23 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Very nice banner I will be pulling on red and colorless(or all colors). Alm finally got an alt and I must have him. But I have a question, how does lunar arc work? Does it deal true damage or is it a smaller bonfire /ignis? 

it's a mini moon bow on every hit. + lunar flash which will smack you hard based on his speed. 
I am wondering if he'd prefer swift sparrow over Darting Blow 4. 

Nice, looks pretty cool tbh. Man, all of the units featured in this banner, I'd honestly say this is the best load out for a Legendary Hero Banner. I don't want to spend all of my orbs, so I'll probably only pull for those I don't have. But man, super tempting.

48 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Very nice banner I will be pulling on red and colorless(or all colors). Alm finally got an alt and I must have him. But I have a question, how does lunar arc work? Does it deal true damage or is it a smaller bonfire /ignis? 

Luna Arc's effect is written in Japanese the same way that Wo Dao's is, so the bonus damage appears to ignore defenses.

Lunar Flash's effect is written in Japanese the same way that Blue Flame's is, so all of the damage is normal damage.

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Man, after seeing Alm's stats and such, I've reconsidered a bit on him. I still don't have a lot of orbs though. :(

If you're happy with Winter Eirika or Leanne then it could be worth a try, otherwise I'd wait for a rerun with more orbs and different pity breakers.

I was going to try just for Ike merges, but I also like Marth, Roy, Alm, Leanne, Winter Eirika, Winter Ephraim, Hector, and Sue. Winter Fae, Fjorm, and Nailah are OK. I don't see how I'm going to have any orbs left after this. I'll probably only get a couple 5* units with only 200 orbs, but they would be units I like or at least fairly useful. Will have to see what Golden Week brings before I spend any though.

Hilarious how Alm does more damage to a beefy unit (ex: Surtr) the more defense you stack on. That true damage and NFU in his basekit is sure to be annoying in AR, even +0 Alms will be able to 2RKO bulky wall units that are typically used on offense.