Legendary Hero: Alm - Saint King

Jave

Second least favourite Lord gets an overdue alt. Okay, good for me to save my orbs. Those stats though, are just disgusting. Way to invalidate every infantry archer already in the game. We'll all be playing extra hard for favouritism now, not that I wasn't doing that already, but still. They could have shown at least a little restraint instead of holding up a middle finger like that. Can't wait for people to tell me to "Just get an Alm." when I show off my Takus on specific sites. They literally made one of my least favourite characters into the uncontested best unit of my favourite class. If he had been red, at least he'd be a little more balanced but nooo.

Thanks, I hate it.

The rest of the banner doesn't do much to improve my mood. I have all the red legendaries on here. Blue only has Nailah as someone I want, but she shares with Winter!Ephraim and Fjorm, so I can't risk it. Green is the best, since I don't have any of them and they are all good, so I might dip a little there. Colorless now features Balm, who to me has fodder written across his face. Already have a Leanne, but getting rid of her bane would be nice. Another Winter Eirika would make decent fodder at least. Still not really worth the investment.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Not sure how I feel about Darting Blow 4 though. Are they trying to test how far the players will accept the ceiling on boosts? Granted stats are valued differently depending on a unit's stat distribution but it does make me wonder if bigger boosts will be coming our way.    

Armored Blow and Warding Blow should be getting bigger boosts. If kept the same at +8, they would be pathetic and very underwhelming.

On Player Phase, the most valued stats are Atk, then Spd, and finally Def/Res. Atk is the most valuable stat since all Player Phase units need Atk. Spd is slightly less valuable due to one shot nukes and Brave nukes being a thing; Spd is still valuable, it just is not as highly demanded since it is pretty easy to double things already. Def/Res are useless for one shot nukes and Brave nukes, and Desperation nukes only need the bare minimum to reliably reach Desperation range.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I disagree, Darting Blow is great. That extra 6 speed could be the difference in whether you're going to double and kill something.

All Player Phase units want more Atk. Not all Player Phase units need more Spd.

A lot of the best Player Phase units do not even care about Spd, such as Tibarn, Lilina, Ophelia, Reinhardt, and Yune.

For Desperation nukes that care about having enough Spd, they also need Atk. The problem with Darting Blow is that the unit using it is more likely to have their performance bottlenecked by low Atk than low Spd. Doubling foes is easy to achieve with buffs.

3 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Those stats though, are just disgusting. Way to invalidate every infantry archer already in the game.

It is bound to happen sooner or later. 35/35 is not going to last forever, and melee units already broke past that offensive stat line a long time ago.

Edited by XRay

I'm missing two each from green and blue. Suppose I could snipe those colors, the only loser would be getting Fjorm. Plus with the ability to inherit 4 skills, Legendary Hector is even better fodder. I'll have to think about it. Maybe the golden week celebration will set us up with a nice orb income for splurging.

...huh. I... kinda forgot about the Legendary/Mythic Hero banners with the recent FEH x Dragalia Lost hubbub.

Holy shit Darting Blow 4 is fast. Good thing they made Luna Ark and Lunar Flash work together, otherwise there could have been some problems...

...heh, imagine if he had Eirika's Lunar Brace as well...

I'd honestly forgive them if they had to make Alm a little weaker to compensate for how fast he can be, but if I know anything about Alm he's a good amount of power and then some.

As for the other units... no one I need to summon for, thank god. My own Leanne is very close to +10 merge, and Eirika is welcome to take a merge or two herself. I guess if I had to be picky, I could always use a new Asset for Marth, but I'm alright with my current +Def, so no pressure there. Otherwise... I really don't need any of these other units...

...I wonder if they'll go for the classic Gaiden armor for CYL3, or if they'll throw a small curveball just curvy enough that we don't expect Dread Fighter Alm from Awakening's Einherjar DLC...

Edited by Xenomata

Alm as legendary hero is no surprise to me as most of the other units aside of Sue. I think it is the very first unit who made it into a legendary banner one month after their debut banner. 

Overall it is a skip. Colourless would be cool because I have none of these units and I would like to have all. Blue and green have each two units I am interested in and red has only steady breath. 

Will do basic circle with the hope of getting as many colourless orbs as possible. Sniping with my low amount of orbs would bring me to nowhere. 

I'm a little mad that Leanne ended up in this banner instead of the next banner. I wanted to roll for her and Duma at the same time because I have to fix their Assets/Flaws, and was hoping I could just grab an L!Roy and run from this one.

Oh well, at least Colorless is a godlike color to pull from here.

Good for Alm and SoV with him being Legendary. Colorless is good, since hasn't it be plagued by a shortage of Legendaries/Mythics that caused Female Grima to be reran a dozen times?

And unfortunately for Red Bows, Parthia, which had a special fire-shooting animation in FE3, is well already in the game, with nobody popular to trick out a new version on. I'd pin our best chance of getting one to be a Seasonal.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is bound to happen sooner or later. 35/35 is not going to last forever, and melee units already broke past that offensive stat line a long time ago.

I know (though melees don't figure in here, since they need the extra stats to make up for their lack of ranged advantage). It still doesn't change the fact that infantry archers in general have been struggling for a while and this is yet another exampel of Intsys not fixing the issue by giving out better weapons and skills to the rest of the population, but instead just releasing an incredibly overpowered unit as if to say "This is all the archer you could ever need."

Yeah, I am not exactly jumping for joy here.

Mixed feelings about this. Grey archer is good, it's been slim pickings in this category for a while, with Bridelia arguably still having the best statline and she's nigh-impossible to get these days.

On the other hand, he has the worthless pair-up Legendary bonus, and is in a poor-to-mediocre banner line-up. From his colour group, I have limited interest in an armoured healer, and Leanne while interesting ...I can have the much more mergeable Reyson instead.

As for the other colours:
- Red. Triple sword infantry, all of which I have at least one copy of already. Not really interested in merging any up as at best they're AA hard counters. I might feel differently had Roy a different legendary effect, or wasn't legendary at all. Pass.
- Blue. One vastly outclassed unit, a generic melee armour, and a sort-of interesting beast but who shares a colour with multiple F2P-friendly beasts. Pass.
- Green. Got my +1 Hector for tactics team shenanigans. Then an enemy phase armour with no DC. And a horse archer who is likely going to be significantly less useful than the F2P one we got two years ago. Pass.

If there is a Hero Fest in Golden Week, I think I'll just grab the (grey) freebie and get out of here. If there isn't, eh, I haven't decided yet. Either snipe grey (backup colour would be simply the colour there's only one orb of) or still skip.

P.S. I just realised... is that meant to be Leanne in the website banner?

Edited by Humanoid

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Good for Alm and SoV with him being Legendary. Colorless is good, since hasn't it be plagued by a shortage of Legendaries/Mythics that caused Female Grima to be reran a dozen times?

Pretty much every Legendary Banner until Eir was introduced last December. She's gotten a few breaks since then (and of freaking course I never summoned her until after she returned from said break...)

Currently we got FemGrima, Eir, and Duma, and two of those are Mythic heroes. So... yeah, Legendary Hero Staff when?

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

So... yeah, Legendary Hero Staff when?

Marth in a dress using Aum is out of the running unfortunately. 

Micaiah using the Ashera Staff (Goddess Staff in Awakening) or Matrona is an option. Mist and Elincia could use the former in their PoR incarnations, but RD Mist and Elincia have a S cap on Staffs, and the maximum rank is SS (Swords are their SS rank).

If L'Arachel is popular enough, doubt based on her unit quality in FEH, she could get Latona, her country's other Sacred Twin.

Maybe Cecilia could have let Lilina to use her country's Saint Staff? Can't be Roy now.

Or when otherwise lacking, make an OC weapon and possibly OC character to use it.

The only correct answer for staff legendary is Leif.

I'll also accept Seliph taking after his mother and using a staff as another correct answer.

My gosh those stats are DISGUSTING. That's not even a subtle power-creep, that's just a full-on punch in the face. I really think literally every other bow unit in the game NEEDS a serious boost, whether it be a permanent stat raise or a weapon refine or SOMETHING.

I'm glad we finally have another good infantry bow unit. We've been missing a real bow nuke ever since weapon refines made Brave Bow and Firesweep Bow too weak to keep up with bulk gains.

I'm a bit disappointed that I won't be able to go all out on this banner since I need to save some of my budget for Anime Central next month, so I'll probably pull only enough to get Winter Eirika up to +10 (she's currently +7) and then play it by ear for if I have the budget afterwards.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And unfortunately for Red Bows, Parthia, which had a special fire-shooting animation in FE3, is well already in the game, with nobody popular to trick out a new version on. I'd pin our best chance of getting one to be a Seasonal.

I think Elincia has the best shot at being a legendary staffbot.  Maybe Legendary Hoshido Corrin.  After that. . .uhhh. . .Legendary Yumina when? :P:

For red bows, uhhh. . .maybe Yewfelle, for its rather crazy offensive stat boosts?  It isn't Forseti, but I can't imagine a PP archer who wouldn't want those kinds of bonuses!

That's interesting. Shadows of Valentia had Alm be left-handed, but in Heroes at least, his art and sprite has him using a bow right-handed. I don't remember if he used a bow left-handed in SoV and I'm kind of too lazy to check by booting up my game. So, in most cases with archery and using firearms, you'd want to shoot with your dominant arm. For bows, that means for a left-handed person, they would want to draw with their left hand which would likely be their stronger arm and hold the bow with their right hand. The reason I say in most cases is that sometimes it's up to eye dominance which for some people is not the same as their hand dominance and for something that requires aiming, some would prefer to use their bow or gun aligned with their dominant eye even if it means using their non-dominant hand. For example, I'm left eye dominant, but right-handed. I could shoot right-handed, but it'd be awkward to aim with my left eye, especially with bows and rifles. Not so much with handguns which you can just tilt your head. Anyway, I could close, completely or partially, my left eye and aim with my right, but that costs me peripheral vision or I could learn to shoot left-handed. So, with Alm in this depiction of him, he could possibly be left-handed, but right eye dominant. Now, if he does use a bow left-handed in SoV, then this is probably just for convenience and aesthetics since Alm would have to have his back facing us if he were shooting left-handed or the artist not knowing or probably more likely, not caring about aiming and stuff.

Edited by Kaden

53 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I really think literally every other bow unit in the game NEEDS a serious boost, whether it be a permanent stat raise or a weapon refine or SOMETHING.

Why? Calm existing doesn’t make them any less able to do their jobs.

Thank God he's not a Red bow unit.

That would'vebeen so stupid 

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

The only correct answer for staff legendary is Leif.

I'll also accept Seliph taking after his mother and using a staff as another correct answer.

Yea, because Elincia would be a god awful decision 

7 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Why? Calm existing doesn’t make them any less able to do their jobs.

Hardly. Infantry bows have been in a very rough spot for a while now. Outside of Brave and Firesweep bow, there really aren't any bows worth using for anything other than niche situations. And even those two bows haven't helped them keep up with the armoured/high def meta. There's a reason archers as a whole slipped down many tiers over time. So instead of doing what Intsys sometimes does with other unit types ( Release neat inheritable weapons/skills or other such things), they are presenting Balm to us as a "solution". An overpowered unit with an exclusive weapon. "All the archer you could ever need" as it were. So yes, we have reason to dislike this blatant powercreep.

Alm! He looks really good. I was expecting him to be a red bow, but colourless is fine.

I'll be pulling red and colourless. I still need Legendary Roy, I really want Alm, and more Legendary Marth merges are nice.