Jump to content
Diovani Bressan

Voting Gauntlet: Children's Day (April 30th)

Voting Gauntlet: Children's Day  

71 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which army will you support?

    • Tiki: Dragon Scion
    • Kana: Dragon Spawn
    • Lugh: Anima Child
    • Ylgr: Fresh Snowfall
    • Fae: Divine Dragon
    • Yune: Chaos Goddess
    • Nino: Pale Flower
    • Delthea: Free Spirit

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2019 at 02:59 AM

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I find it weird they tried to normalize the scores by giving the higher team a multiplier as well, but then just doubled the underdog again after only one Gauntlet of doing it the new way.

They basically decided that the original 7.5× multiplier was too swingy, but that the effective 2.3× multiplier (7.5 / 3.25 = 2.3) after the introduction of the endurance bonus was not swingy enough. So now they're trying to decide if 3.7× (12 / 3.25) is good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bleh. Tiki deserved to win more imo... Oh well. Moving on, I guess...

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Round 1, first hour, Nino's Army was the one that scored higher. 

In Round 2, first hour, Nino's Army was the one that scored higher.

In Round 3, first hour, Nino's Army was the one that scored higher.

Nino deserves the victory.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh heck Nino won? So I was on the winning team right from the very start? Awesome, that rarely happens! Well-deserved victory for Nino, the best character in the gauntlet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

x12 multiplier for Nino in the last hour? Yeah, I think we’ve got this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Nino deserves the victory.

I don't like her, so I don't agree, okay? Nothing wrong with that.

I actually think Yune was the best character in this gauntlet, but she didn't make the final, unfortunately.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I don't like her, so I don't agree, okay? Nothing wrong with that.

I actually think Yune was the best character in this gauntlet, but she didn't make the final, unfortunately.

The one with the most fans usually wins because they receive more votes, so in this case, it is indeed Nino who deserves to win over everyone else. This isn't opinion, this is just the fact of the matter.

Now, if it was by chance that Tiki would take the final multiplier and end up winning despite Nino being the one to always instigate the multipliers after same hell, there would be a genuine argument for Nino deserving the win, had she lost. This is not one of those situations where an opinion towards the loser deserving to win matters because the one who earned the most votes did, indeed, win.

Certain characters winning a voting contest despite having less voters is why I'm not a fan of the multiplier system (and the whole Voting Gauntlet event as a result), but that's a whole other discussion for a more dedicated topic on the matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raven said:

The one with the most fans usually wins because they receive more votes, so in this case, it is indeed Nino who deserves to win over everyone else. This isn't opinion, this is just the fact of the matter.

Now, if it was by chance that Tiki would take the final multiplier and end up winning despite Nino being the one to always instigate the multipliers after same hell, there would be a genuine argument for Nino deserving the win, had she lost. This is not one of those situations where an opinion towards the loser deserving to win matters because the one who earned the most votes did, indeed, win.

Certain characters winning a voting contest despite having less voters is why I'm not a fan of the multiplier system (and the whole Voting Gauntlet event as a result), but that's a whole other discussion for a more dedicated topic on the matter.

I couldn't agree more with you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Raven said:

The one with the most fans usually wins because they receive more votes, so in this case, it is indeed Nino who deserves to win over everyone else. This isn't opinion, this is just the fact of the matter.

If we really could say all the people that joined Nino were fans of her. But we can't. I'm no fan of her and I would have joined her in the final had Tiki lost to Ylgr. So my opinion is still valid. Also, I recall checking stats in the first round at some point and Yune had the highest score out of everyone. She could've very well had the largest team then. I'm willing to bet a lot of Team Lugh as well as several people from the other first round losing teams jumped to Nino while Yune didn't gain as many new supporters.

Also, more support or not, I'm allowed to believe a certain character should've won and there's nothing wrong with that.

Personally, I never did understand why people like Nino, but there's nothing to be done.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If we really could say all the people that joined Nino were fans of her. But we can't. I'm no fan of her and I would have joined her in the final had Tiki lost to Ylgr. So my opinion is still valid. Also, I recall checking stats in the first round at some point and Yune had the highest score out of everyone. She could've very well had the largest team then. I'm willing to bet a lot of Team Lugh as well as several people from the other first round losing teams jumped to Nino while Yune didn't gain as many new supporters.

Also, more support or not, I'm allowed to believe a certain character should've won and there's nothing wrong with that.

Personally, I never did understand why people like Nino, but there's nothing to be done.

Is there really a reason to have such a negative/aggressive attitude? Not trying to be mean here, but shouldn't you be happy for someone else's vote that won? They were just stating they're feelings, that's all. No personal attacks no one was trying to force an opinion on you, at least that's what I read out of it. From what I see, they have been very kind, why not repay the favor? They aren't saying you can't have you own opinion, because yes, you are obviously entitled to having one, but there isn't really any reason to come off so rude to them at all. And why do you care who people like? They don't care if you like someone they don't, so it's just their opinion, same as you.

Edited by lightcosmo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, I recall checking stats in the first round at some point and Yune had the highest score out of everyone.

In Round 1, for the first hour, Yune got a score of 19k, while Nino got 21k. In the end of Round one, Yune ended with  19,380,685,100, while Nino ended with 20,628,421,249.

Also, in round one, Nino was the  first one to reach 1 million votes, a score that Yune only reached 2 hours later.

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Personally, I never did understand why people like Nino, but there's nothing to be done.


There are characters that I like that you don't like, and there are characters that you like that I don't like. This is how personal taste work. But different from what you said, about "there's nothing to be done", there is one thing that can be done: respect the other person's taste.

If your favorite character was victorious in a Voting Gauntlet, I would be happy for you, and not complain, saying that "the character that I like the most is better than the character you like the most"

For example, Marth didn't won CYL 3, and I really like Marth and wanted a Brave version of him, however I am still happy for Eliwood's fans. I am not a huge fan of Camilla, but I respect the others that voted for her. Maybe Camilla will be a amazing unit and become my free pick, who knows!

If you don't like a character that others people like, there is nothing wrong with you. However, complain about it isn't a good way to react to a situation like this, which are very common in people's life

 

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

In Round 1, for the first hour, Yune got a score of 19k, while Nino got 21k. In the end of Round one, Yune ended with  19,380,685,100, while Nino ended with 20,628,421,249.

That just means Nino scored higher in the first hour. Not throughout. More players join later on, not everyone joins right when the round starts. You have to keep in mind differing timezones. I don't join until hours after a round starts because it starts at 3AM in my timezone.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

There are characters that I like that you don't like, and there are characters that you like that I don't like. This is how personal taste work. But different from what you said, about "there's nothing to be done", there is one thing that can be done: respect the other person's taste.

 

If your favorite character was victorious in a Voting Gauntlet, I would be happy for you, and not complain, saying that "the character that I like the most is better than the character you like the most"

For example, Marth didn't won CYL 3, and I really like Marth and wanted a Brave version of him, however I am still happy for Eliwood's fans. I am not a huge fan of Camilla, but I respect the others that voted for her. Maybe Camilla will be a amazing unit and become my free pick, who knows!

If you don't like a character that others people like, there is nothing wrong with you. However, complain about it isn't a good way to react to a situation like this, which are very common in people's life

Um, obviously. I didn't need a big long explanation and detail. I'm well aware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

That just means Nino scored higher in the first hour. Not throughout. More players join later on, not everyone joins right when the round starts. You have to keep in mind differing timezones. I don't join until hours after a round starts because it starts at 3AM in my timezone.

Yes, you are right. There are Yune's fans that didn't joined the event in the first hour... but we can say the same about the others 7 armies, including Nino's army. Yune's army could be bigger in hour one, as well any other army in this VG.

Yes, Nino scored higher than Yune in the 1st hour of Round 1... and in the 2nd hour... and in the 3rd hour... and in the 4th hour... During all Round 1, which has 45 Hours, Yune stayed with a higher score than Nino during 7 hours, and it was not 7 hours in a row.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, more support or not, I'm allowed to believe a certain character should've won and there's nothing wrong with that.

There's nothing wrong with saying "I wanted (character) to win", but there may be something wrong with "(character) should have won". It's impossible to be certain, but the first hour results are the best indication of which character has more support.

57 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Personally, I never did understand why people like Nino, but there's nothing to be done.

For me, the reasons I like Nino are, in order;

1. She has a tragic backstory and character arc in FE7.

2. She's cute.

3. I'm biased towards Est archetypes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

For me, the reasons I like Nino are, in order;

1. She has a tragic backstory and character arc in FE7.

2. She's cute.

3. I'm biased towards Est archetypes.

And despite her tragic backstory, she still tries to do her best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

For me, the reasons I like Nino are, in order;

1. She has a tragic backstory and character arc in FE7.

2. She's cute.

3. I'm biased towards Est archetypes.

You're entitled to that and I respect it. For me, while the backstory is fine and all, I don't like Est archtypes and I just don't like her design (even disregarding the Saria resemblance, I don't think she looks cute). And the GBA era is the worst for me in terms of Est archtypes because due to the fact that I won't ever use them there, I won't ever see their supports or anything. It's easier to get supports in, say, Tellius.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, also no big fan of Nino, but that is how it is. I know that I often choose characters with bad odds or Camilla. And I know where this will end, also know that there would be people complaining about Camilla or me complaining why people only choose the other one because they dislike Camilla and she might lose because of that.  

I think its not worth getting too much into it, if a character wins you don't like. Well its just happening. Just let them Nino fans have their day and maybe another VG things will be reversed. 

Honestly I hope we get Reina soon and before they make an older character VG. Lately VG is not that interesting for me. We had "children" this time I also want the other way around. Even if Reina is older, but not that old like some other older characters. I think they still have to add some characters here. But no cheating like Nyx please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to team Nino!

I was with Ylgr (round 1 & 2) and Tiki (round 3) and scored very low overall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Honestly I hope we get Reina soon and before they make an older character VG. Lately VG is not that interesting for me. We had "children" this time I also want the other way around. Even if Reina is older, but not that old like some other older characters. I think they still have to add some characters here. But no cheating like Nyx please. 

Children's Day was yesterday on May 5 and is a holiday in Japan, so maybe they will do a Voting Gauntlet for Respect for the Aged Day later this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they do a gauntlet like that, I'd expect Jagen, Gunter, and Bartre to be a part of it. Could be amusing. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Children's Day was yesterday on May 5 and is a holiday in Japan, so maybe they will do a Voting Gauntlet for Respect for the Aged Day later this year.

Oh nice, true. We still have some banners left until then. So let some aged characters into the game!
For now we have: Wrys, Jeigan, Gunther, Garon and Gharnef. Characters which could be sneaked in: Walhart, Oliver, Caineghis, Barte. Greil is just seasonal.
They better add 1,2,3 fitting characters. Reina (Not old enough though, but for FE standards ok). Mycen and Niime. Well maybe next year...

And yeah. This is a gauntlet Lineup with no salt. Just what we need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...