FE7 Reverse Recruitment

ltranc

The old patch by Paper Blade had a couple of problems such as crashing upon promotion in the preparations screen, Athos glitching out after promotion, and just being kind of ugly.  So I went ahead and made a new patch.  Unlike the old one, which just uses Hector Mode order, this starts with Lyn Mode order then Hector Mode.  Characters that appear in Lyn Mode only have their first appearance counted.

Here is the changelog.

Here is the patch.

Here is the patch with x3 effectiveness the superior version

Let me know of any errors.

THERE IS NO FORCED PROMOTION.  The lords promote with either their normal promotion item or the Heaven Seal, with the exception of Athos who only uses the Heaven Seal.  Hector uses a knight crest.  Although it may seem like the game breaks when it just lingers on the map sprites after where the forced promotion should be, it eventually progresses onto the next chapter.  Just use speed up or wait for it to happen.

Going Hector Mode is recommended because you get a dancer in it and it was the mode that was play tested.  All modes are unlockable from the start.

Edited by ltranc

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi o/

Just wanted to let you know that the game freezes in Prologue when Athos is forced to use the vulnerary if he avoids the hit from the first enemy. Also tried restarting multiple times but he always seems to avoid, maybe I'm just unlucky x) Oh and that was in Normal mode, as there is no forced command in hard mode.

2JYfFVGR

Anyway, I'll directly go to Hector mode. Even if I'm late to it, thanks for the patch !^^