Allegiance Battle Discussion Thread

Rezzy

We have a brand new mode, and I'm still figuring out how the scoring works, but thought it would be nice to have one place to talk about this, since i didn't see a thread up.

3PpBqlA.png

I managed to do pretty well with the above team, and it looks like @Johann is in the top 3 of my friend list.  I've been using some peeps' units, and it looks like we can only use them once a day (or season?).  I hadn't used the pair-up before, and not limiting it to new legendaries is nice.

I finished all the quests and the tickets are a nice bonus.

Has anyone used my Titania or found her useful?  If anyone would like me to change, let me know.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Has anyone used my Titania or found her useful?  If anyone would like me to change, let me know.

I used her, the key to this gamemode is to take out the enemy units ASAP with the respective color to prevent from being swarmed. Range units or units with DC or CC are most appreciated so you can keep DC on your Titania.

I'm fairly certain I set the unit that friends get to use to my +10 Love Abounds Lyn. If anyone has gotten her, has she been okay? Also, since this is a friend-reliant mode, here's my friend code for anyone who isn't on my friend list yet: 6899831584

I'm a little confused on how the scoring works. After the first battle, not a single battle I've done has raised or lowered my ranking score at ALL. I've been in EXACTLY the same spot. And I've won all my battles with good scores, completed the quest thing, and everything else. What exactly is this scoring based on?

26 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I managed to do pretty well with the above team, and it looks like @Johann is in the top 3 of my friend list.  I've been using some peeps' units, and it looks like we can only use them once a day (or season?).  I hadn't used the pair-up before, and not limiting it to new legendaries is nice.

I finished all the quests and the tickets are a nice bonus.

Got a score of 913 using my best Arena dudes, though I was willing to take a mere 2 point loss by swapping out double Rallies for positioning skills, which was definitely worth it. I like that this mode doesn't demand much from you, and that the rewards are good but not groundbreaking, so I don't have to feel like I need to be the very best like no one ever was.

Since they're currently only using Tellius characters (seemingly excluding dancers, GHBs, and the most recent banner), the blue units are assured to be either Micaiah, Oscar, Nephenee, or Nailah, and Titania handles them effortlessly. Thani is no match for Draconic Poleaxe, TA and gem weapons are a really good choice here if you can manage the positioning and get lucky with the right foes appearing. However, I goofed my run with your Titania so I didn't get to use her.

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm fairly certain I set the unit that friends get to use to my +10 Love Abounds Lyn. If anyone has gotten her, has she been okay? Also, since this is a friend-reliant mode, here's my friend code for anyone who isn't on my friend list yet: 6899831584

I'm a little confused on how the scoring works. After the first battle, not a single battle I've done has raised or lowered my ranking score at ALL. I've been in EXACTLY the same spot. And I've won all my battles with good scores, completed the quest thing, and everything else. What exactly is this scoring based on?

You're Trent correct?  I think I used your Brave Lyn, but I haven't updated my friend list in a long time, so that might be old.

14 minutes ago, Nym said:

I used her, the key to this gamemode is to take out the enemy units ASAP with the respective color to prevent from being swarmed. Range units or units with DC or CC are most appreciated so you can keep DC on your Titania.

Glad she's being useful.

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

Got a score of 913 using my best Arena dudes, though I was willing to take a mere 2 point loss by swapping out double Rallies for positioning skills, which was definitely worth it. I like that this mode doesn't demand much from you, and that the rewards are good but not groundbreaking, so I don't have to feel like I need to be the very best like no one ever was.

Since they're currently only using Tellius characters (seemingly excluding dancers, GHBs, and the most recent banner), the blue units are assured to be either Micaiah, Oscar, Nephenee, or Nailah, and Titania handles them effortlessly. Thani is no match for Draconic Poleaxe, TA and gem weapons are a really good choice here if you can manage the positioning and get lucky with the right foes appearing. However, I goofed my run with your Titania so I didn't get to use her.

So using the better "points" team does give a better score?  I'm a bit hazy on how the scoring works, so I was trying to use a color balanced team to get the triangle advantage bonus.  I don't really have a good scoring Gray unit, so that's going to hurt me in this mode.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You're Trent correct?  I think I used your Brave Lyn, but I haven't updated my friend list in a long time, so that might be old.

That's correct. Brave Lyn was what I had before realizing I could change it...or at least THOUGHT you could change it. I'm a bit fuzzy on that detail, too!

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

That's correct. Brave Lyn was what I had before realizing I could change it...or at least THOUGHT you could change it. I'm a bit fuzzy on that detail, too!

I like horsies, so it was a nice option, but if Armors score higher, maybe I should try using a higher BST team.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Glad she's being useful.

So using the better "points" team does give a better score?  I'm a bit hazy on how the scoring works, so I was trying to use a color balanced team to get the triangle advantage bonus.  I don't really have a good scoring Gray unit, so that's going to hurt me in this mode.

It scores similarly to Arena, in that the usual things like merges, BST, SP total, etc matter, but since the foes are fixed, you can tweak your builds and see exactly how it'll affect your base score. Taking a tiny hit in your base score to ensure that you don't lose anyone and have an easy go of it is worthwhile, since you'd giving up like 2 points to more reliably earn a potential 10 or more. The friend unit doesn't affect your base score though, so it's ok to use anybody who's available. My best run was with an underbuilt Black Knight ally, everything just happened to fall into place (which I attribute more to the enemies that popped up than anything).

If you want, I can field my Legendary Robin for a colorless. It always fields Mist, Sothe, and an archer, so I think units like Robin and Caineghis are going to be great choices for that. Hyper offensive units like Dazzling Wrathful staves and Firesweep/Brave Bows are good too, provided you have a clean shot of course.

This mode seemed fun at first but then I realized that scoring is based the same as Arena so the majority of the top scorers are going to Whales. Basically need +10 high BST armors, Legendary Roy/Alm paired up with someone plua another high BST unit paired up unit in the fourth slot and i have none of those things so I'm screwed.

Not sure what unit people on my friends list would want but I have it set to A!Tiki for now since she can tank hits easily.

Since you can freely switch even after the paired-up unit can move,  I figure the best proxy unit to send is a dedicated tank or nuke, preferably blue or green for colour coverage. You can also set it specifically for this mode which is neat.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It takes your single best score of your base score + kill bonus, the other bonuses seem to apply independently.

Edited by Baldrick

I am not sure if it needs it's own dedicated thread since it feels just like Arena with the same shitty BST scoring and bonus kill mechanic. The enemies are a lot easier to deal with though since they are not some player's units. The combat is so easy that I rarely use the pair up mechanic and let my nukes tank on Enemy Phase sometimes, and the main "difficulty" from the mode comes from how much you can whale for Legendary Heroes.

18 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

Also @Ice Dragon I don't think its misaligned with the rest of the seasons. It says 1 day left for all of them at least for me.

Right, because seasons end too many hours before the daily reset for no good reason and I checked the time remaining after that time. Blegh.

Reached a score of 932, there is little more I can do. So glad I pulled Alm fast, now we have one additional answer why he is colorless. xD Of course he is more attractive as a colorless unit who can switch out here...But merging Alm? I want to save for Rinkah D=. So nope. Maybe at a slow pace with each legendary banner with him...

Edited by Stroud

Initially got a 912 score yesterday, with a team of +10 Sheena/Effie/Surtr and +9 WCecilia with score builds (and I took a red friend unit I believe).
Later in the evening I managed to pull a Legend Alm so I tried again, and a perfect run with +10 Sheena/Effie/Surtr (paired to a blue friend) and +0 Alm (paired to my Eliwood) got me a 939.

Judging by how the rankings are falling, looks like a +0 Pair Up legend is only necessary if you want to shoot for top1k (50 flowers), while a +40 core should guarantee you top3k without any legends (40 flowers). And even if you do reach top1k with a +0 Pair Up legend, you're still locked out of the ~950 score section without some combination of dual rally+ skills and high merged on-season legends to boost your base score. Luckily all you lose is 500~1500 feathers so that's not a big deal.

If you want to be in top1k (50 flowers), yes you do. If you're fine settling for top3k (40 flowers), just take your typical high scoring point sticks that are used in Arena Assault Team1.
Frankly I don't think it's worth it for most people to dive in to grab an Alm unless he comes really early, or you like the character/unit.

Got 912 using  5+10 Draug/Gwendolyn/Sheena(Sheena) and a +0 Legend Alm(+4 Bath Camilla).

Felt that Sheena needs the most help since Nephenee and Micaiah appear in this season. Not much more I can do unless I blow orbs to get Legend Roy.

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So basically I HAVE to pull for Legendary Alm or Roy to score well?

If you choose to pull, I'd prioritize Alm since you do want a colorless to KO colorless enemies with and Alm is treated as a 175 BST unit in this gamemode. And since he's colorless, he's a bit easier to pull than Roy is in terms of probability and that Alm in Allegiance Battles is the highest scoring colorless unit (175 BST effect, Pair-Up ability). And I wouldn't count on my friends having strong colorless leads, especially since you can only use that friend's proxy unit once a day (so up to 7 tries with that unit) and enemy roster and appearance order is random. Having Alm and/or Roy does make the gamemode easier, too, as you effectively have more units (so rather than 5 units, you could technically have 6-8) and therefore more HP out on the battlefield.

I did some runs with my AA lead team (5+10 Draug/Gwen/Effie/Sheena). Base score is 746 but the highest total I could muster is like 884.

Replacing 5+10 Effie with +0 Legend Alm allowed for a higher total score despite having a lower base score (736 base score but total score is 912). In a way, you get a much better score for slightly less difficulty!

Really enjoying Allegiance battles so far!~ They're pretty fun~ Not going to be good at this mode in the slightest but it's at least fun! Would just wish I didn't have to run all these damn Dual Rallies. Movement is a monster here unless you're using Flier Emblem.

27 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Really enjoying Allegiance battles so far!~ They're pretty fun~ Not going to be good at this mode in the slightest but it's at least fun! Would just wish I didn't have to run all these damn Dual Rallies. Movement is a monster here unless you're using Flier Emblem.

Keep in mind that your friend unit doesn't factor into scoring so they can run low SP skills no problem. Definitely helped me out.

16 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

Keep in mind that your friend unit doesn't factor into scoring so they can run low SP skills no problem. Definitely helped me out.

Ooh, that's good to know, thanks!