Allegiance Battle Discussion Thread

Rezzy

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure whether these maps are getting easier, or if I'm just getting more accustomed to the play style.
Perfect run in only 2 attempts this time (first one just to size up the enemies to determine what skills my Eliwood needed)
944 score, with my usual team of Leg Alm+Eliwood, Sheena, Effie, and Surtr+friend Micaiah.

1 hour ago, Azuni said:

Not sure whether these maps are getting easier, or if I'm just getting more accustomed to the play style.
Perfect run in only 2 attempts this time (first one just to size up the enemies to determine what skills my Eliwood needed)
944 score, with my usual team of Leg Alm+Eliwood, Sheena, Effie, and Surtr+friend Micaiah.

It probably has alot to do with the unit pool. I mean this map has OG Lyn and Matthew. Also helps that the defense tiles benefit the player way more than the AI in this case.

Baitable healers and slow Hectors helps a bit. Still scuffed my "proper" attempt and missed the perfect run by 5 points, but due to the Synergy bonus this weeks it means I hit the all-important 925 point threshold exactly. That's a nice little cushion to have, and I feel no need to go again - I suspect that 925 and 930 fall in the same tier, and even if going to 930 bumped me up a tier it'd be literally 2 dragonflowers difference in reward.

On 5/29/2019 at 1:26 AM, Icelerate said:

What's your base score? Mine is 736. 

Yeah, 736, too. This week's AB felt surprisingly easy compared to previous weeks'.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I thought about checking it before bed but then completely forgot about it now. The Blessed Garden rewards have unfortunately been tiered such that you need 950+ score to get the same reward as Blessed Gardens (20 dew this week). Now, scoring 925-949 and 900-924 still gives 19, but it's a net loss of one. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things perhaps, but still a bit of a dick move, and it's also annoying because until now, I think everyone's dew counts has been a neat multiple of 10. No longer. Will be interesting to see how orbs are handled, since they're a lot less granular than dew. If it drops to 4 orbs at 925-949 that'd be really annoying.

The blessing is simply awarded for participation so that's fine.

And now the 5 orbs are exclusive to scoring 950+. Yeah, that one's as good as gone now, super cynical move by IS.

On top of that it's probably been the hardest week for me so far, so many dragon-effective enemies this week and my two best scoring units are Tiki and Nowi, and neither of my competent grey options in FGrima and Bowlyn are well equipped to handle Evil Tiki. Fortunately the synergy bonus meant I could afford to drop a few points, but it's looking like about 20 weeks before I can get that fifth orb back. Infuriating.

Edited by Humanoid

I'm enjoying this mode a lot more than arena. I like the single battle format, the enemy theme teams, and the lack of a required bonus unit. Score rewards independent of competition is nice. There is a slight loss of resources compared to Blessed Gardens, but it's less overall work to earn the rewards so that's an OK trade-off for me.

Fallen Tiki spawning as one of the initial units spelled doom to my first try this week. Second try was a smooth perfect run though, no Tiki in sight. Another 4 weeks to go until I reach the 950 score mark (excluding Earth seasons in which case I can reach it already).

Well that 950 score for 5 orbs appears to be rather well out of my reach. I could really use a Pair up Legendary right now. But no, they apparently don't like me and refuse to grace me with their presence. I think I'll hold off trying to max my score until I actually have one such hero. Preferably Alm since he would fit with my highest scoring units better than a red would.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if players are having trouble with this week's map layout (which is complete trash, by the way). I'm scoring the same as previous weeks (excluding the increasing weekly participation point), but I'm about 100 ranks higher than I was last week at this time (738+150 base).

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wonder if players are having trouble with this week's map layout (which is complete trash, by the way). I'm scoring the same as previous weeks (excluding the increasing weekly participation point), but I'm about 100 ranks higher than I was last week at this time (738+150 base).

I am definitely having trouble this week, this map is terrible. My main scoring team is made up of three dragon units too which just makes it even worse with all these Tikis. Wasn't Fallen Tiki around last week as well? Annoying that they decided to use her twice in a row. I've had serious trouble even getting a deathless attempt, but it's just feather week so it's luckily not that big of a deal. I have no pair up legendaries either, which saps a lot of the fun out of this mode for me.

• 4 months later...

Ugh. I fucking hate the maps in this mode. Most of them severely restrict you mobility. Every time I thought I manage to do something right, the enemies spawn exactly all the shit I cannot immediately counter or get away from. Arena used to be my least favorite mode due to the bonus killing crap, but now this is my least favorite. Basically I have to fish for the right enemies and do fucking retarded bonus kills.

Edited by XRay

This one particular map is horrific. Most weeks kiting isn't too bad with a flier-heavy team but this week is pretty much hoping for the right spawns to happen so you can make it to the other side in one piece.

This week's Allegiance Battle map is complete bullshit. Not only do you have to waste actions opening the wall or going around, but the reinforcements are immediate so there's no space to force enemy-phase combat on matchups worth points. I'm not going to bother going for ranking this week. It's not worth the effort.

I suppose technically the map benefited me because I ranked 3000-odd this week whereas normally I fail to get top 5k - my weak team only scores 722-726 depending on season. But given as the reward differential between the tiers is the grand sum of 2 Dragonflowers, more fool me for trying repeatedly instead of just accepting an imperfect week.

3 tries for last week's heinous AB. Tibarn spawning on the right the first two times made it impossible to deal with him without taking huge chunks of damage. He finally spawned on the left reinforcements for the 3rd attempt, which let me dunk him immediately upon spawning. Galeforce on Surtr and him being paired to a friend's Bowcina made things manageable. Haven't yet had a non-perfect score week yet in AB.

2 tries for this week, since Python caught me off guard on the first attempt, being bulky and fast enough to not die to Eliwood.

• 1 month later...

This Allegiance Battle is terrible. Worst map (heavily favors fliers and cavalry to a lesser extent), Legend Leif as the boss unit (so bow version of Sword Reinhardt with mini-Galeforce special), and Judgral-themed AB (so lots of cavalry and recent powercreep units like Shannan and such). Find it about impossible to get a clear without having somebody getting KO'd or getting an unintended kill.

Legend Alm insta-dies to Legend Leif if the latter were at full HP. Legend Eliwood is damn hard to use since he can't activate Galeforce (prone to OHKOing things and there's only 1 Heavy Blade seal to go around) and has low Res in a mage-heavy week. Unless there's a strat I have but don't see, I'm probably gonna have to skip ranking in this AB -- it's already hard enough to score 950+ points simply because 1 wrong move and 1 or more of my units get killed or are horribly out of position.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

This Allegiance Battle is terrible. Worst map (heavily favors fliers and cavalry to a lesser extent), Legend Leif as the boss unit (so bow version of Sword Reinhardt with mini-Galeforce special), and Judgral-themed AB (so lots of cavalry and recent powercreep units like Shannan and such). Find it about impossible to get a clear without having somebody getting KO'd or getting an unintended kill.

Legend Alm insta-dies to Legend Leif if the latter were at full HP. Legend Eliwood is damn hard to use since he can't activate Galeforce (prone to OHKOing things and there's only 1 Heavy Blade seal to go around) and has low Res in a mage-heavy week. Unless there's a strat I have but don't see, I'm probably gonna have to skip ranking in this AB -- it's already hard enough to score 950+ points simply because 1 wrong move and 1 or more of my units get killed or are horribly out of position.

Yeah, I am not a fan of arbitrary scoring mechanics. My kills were far from perfect, but I got no deaths and my score just barely scrapes past 950, so I am done. Bonus kills just is not a fun mechanic.