Allegiance Battle Discussion Thread

Rezzy

40 minutes ago, Johann said:

Lemme know next time, I can field my +10 DC Hawkeye if ya need

Thanks, I have some good ones in my List, I just feel like it's probably not good for my score to have to rely on a Friend unit for the kills. Plus my Nowi is only +8 so she's probably hurting my score, too.

If I did +10 Raven I'd probably replace her until I can get her last two copies and just use Blue Friend Units for now. Just not fully sure yet if I should right away.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ended the first season with 913, which wasn't quite enough for the top 3K unfortunately.  I don't have L!Roy or Alm, and the rewards don't come anywhere near enough to compel to me to try and change that.  It's a little silly to have a game mode so overtly centralized around two characters out of a cast of 300+.

16 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Thanks, I have some good ones in my List, I just feel like it's probably not good for my score to have to rely on a Friend unit for the kills. Plus my Nowi is only +8 so she's probably hurting my score, too.

If I did +10 Raven I'd probably replace her until I can get her last two copies and just use Blue Friend Units for now. Just not fully sure yet if I should right away.

Actually, the best thing for your score is to rely on your friend units, since anyone Paired up gets +5 points per kill. Getting as many kills as you can from Paired Up units is bigger than even using a +10 unit. I shattered my old score by swapping out my +10 Cain for +1 Legendary Roy, even though Cain gives like 10 more to my base score. The bonus per kills added up and meant I could get like 20 or 30 more points from kills. Of course, if you don't have Roy or Alm, then you definitely want to field the best scoring units you can, but you'll still want the paired units to be getting most of the kills if possible.

Worth noting that for this past week, the enemies were fixed to be 2 red, 3 green, 2 blue, and 3 colorless, so people without Roy or Alm could get +130 as a maximum possible score, though that would require a red and colorless unit paired up together via friends and everybody getting their proper kills in.

6 minutes ago, Johann said:

Actually, the best thing for your score is to rely on your friend units, since anyone Paired up gets +5 points per kill. Getting as many kills as you can from Paired Up units is bigger than even using a +10 unit. I shattered my old score by swapping out my +10 Cain for +1 Legendary Roy, even though Cain gives like 10 more to my base score. The bonus per kills added up and meant I could get like 20 or 30 more points from kills. Of course, if you don't have Roy or Alm, then you definitely want to field the best scoring units you can, but you'll still want the paired units to be getting most of the kills if possible.

Worth noting that for this past week, the enemies were fixed to be 2 red, 3 green, 2 blue, and 3 colorless, so people without Roy or Alm could get +130 as a maximum possible score, though that would require a red and colorless unit paired up together via friends and everybody getting their proper kills in.

Oh okay, that's not bad then. I do have Alm (unmerged, though), if it's better to just keep him and use a paired unit, then I'll stick with that~ Thanks for letting me know, I thought I'd only get the most out of having a +10 team + Alm. I only have 3 +10 units and Nowi at +8, but two of those are Red so I don't want to use both so I can get all of the color bonus kills.

I finally got my rewards. I don't know why it took so long for the rest to come when the AA ones came so soon. But at least I got them. I was afraid some glitch had happened. xP

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

Oh okay, that's not bad then. I do have Alm (unmerged, though), if it's better to just keep him and use a paired unit, then I'll stick with that~ Thanks for letting me know, I thought I'd only get the most out of having a +10 team + Alm. I only have 3 +10 units and Nowi at +8, but two of those are Red so I don't want to use both so I can get all of the color bonus kills.

What I did this last season was run Roy (with my unmerged Legendary Tiki paired up) alongside Fjorm, Felicia, and Sheena (my highest scoring Water team). Sheena was paired with whatever colorless I could use (lots of Legendary Robins on my Friend List), so between Roy, Tiki, Sheena, and say, Robin, that's all 4 colors covered, and all are pretty solid, so getting the +150 points from bonus kills strictly with those 4 was doable. It does require a bit of luck though, since the red and blue units are randomized, but their spawn locations/time by color are fixed. Anyway, if I were to run out of colorless friends to use, I could swap around the other units a bit (notably Tiki and whoever is getting the Friend Unit) to make sure I'm covered.

The other units are just there to support and maybe weaken foes or take hits, so it didn't really matter what color they were. I'll probably run Cain, Hawkeye, Roy, and Sheena next week since Cain and Hawkeye have Fire Blessing. Cain and either Hawkeye or Sheena (probably Sheena since Wary Fighter is good) can just be support while Roy, Hawkeye, and whoever I pair them with will do all the killing.

42 minutes ago, Johann said:

What I did this last season was run Roy (with my unmerged Legendary Tiki paired up) alongside Fjorm, Felicia, and Sheena (my highest scoring Water team). Sheena was paired with whatever colorless I could use (lots of Legendary Robins on my Friend List), so between Roy, Tiki, Sheena, and say, Robin, that's all 4 colors covered, and all are pretty solid, so getting the +150 points from bonus kills strictly with those 4 was doable. It does require a bit of luck though, since the red and blue units are randomized, but their spawn locations/time by color are fixed. Anyway, if I were to run out of colorless friends to use, I could swap around the other units a bit (notably Tiki and whoever is getting the Friend Unit) to make sure I'm covered.

The other units are just there to support and maybe weaken foes or take hits, so it didn't really matter what color they were. I'll probably run Cain, Hawkeye, Roy, and Sheena next week since Cain and Hawkeye have Fire Blessing. Cain and either Hawkeye or Sheena (probably Sheena since Wary Fighter is good) can just be support while Roy, Hawkeye, and whoever I pair them with will do all the killing.

Yeah, the most trouble I have is probably the spawning, and I should also invest in some fliers since the terrain makes it hard to move around, but that is helpful to know~ This time I'll ry to giving the paired units more kills in addition to the color kills~ Thanks!

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i really want to do well in this mode. 

but i read stuff, and i am confused. i use my arena core, and i am not doing very well. is it just survive and try to kill things via weapons triangle? 

Basically yes, but to get super crazy maximum points, you wanna get those kills with anyone who's paired up as well (whether the base unit or swapping in their partner).

• If you don't have Roy or Alm, just do your best getting weapon triangle kills. Prioritize kills that use the paired units since they get a little score boost, but accept that you probably won't be able to get every kill this way since you only have one unit slot to pull this off with, and there are too many enemies coming at you too fast
  • If you DO have Roy and/or Alm, use one of them (whoever gives you a higher base score). Even if they're well below your Arena core in terms of potential points, use them because the paired kill bonus will outweigh your base score from stuff like BST/merges/etc.
  • Pair up units to cover more colors. If you have Roy or Alm, you can have all 4 colors shared between paired up units (for example, Roy+Fjorm and Surtr+Friend's Eir). 

Since it's +10 points for weapon triangle kills and +5 for killing using a paired up unit, each kill has the potential to add +15 points. If you can cover all 4 colors with paired units, then you can kill every unit this way, while the other two units on the team (who have no partner) can support somehow.

21 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i really want to do well in this mode. 

but i read stuff, and i am confused. i use my arena core, and i am not doing very well. is it just survive and try to kill things via weapons triangle? 

The Pair-Up team also increases the score the more kills they get

I'm guessing this next week will be Sacred Stones with Legendary Ephraim as the lead, meaning we should see the following enemies:

• Regular Eirika
  • Maybe horse mage Eirika
  • Seth
  • Amelia (guaranteed)
  • Myrrh (guaranteed)
  • Legendary Ephraim (guaranteed)
  • Regular Ephraim
  • Tana
  • L'Arachel
  • Lute
  • Innes (guaranteed)
  • random generic colorless unit (guaranteed)

so unless they add a generic green mage in there, reds won't need DC

How does this synergy bonus work? I got a synergy bonus of 2, is more even possible yet? 

L!Alm helped me to reach a score of 935 with my not optimized (Reposition + 240 SPD skills) +10 fliers, getting all +15 kills. 

3 hours ago, Johann said:

I'm guessing this next week will be Sacred Stones with Legendary Ephraim as the lead, meaning we should see the following enemies:

• Regular Eirika
  • Maybe horse mage Eirika
  • Seth
  • Amelia (guaranteed)
  • Myrrh (guaranteed)
  • Legendary Ephraim (guaranteed)
  • Regular Ephraim
  • Tana
  • L'Arachel
  • Lute
  • Innes (guaranteed)
  • random generic colorless unit (guaranteed)

so unless they add a generic green mage in there, reds won't need DC

Just a warning to everyone the fucking Generals of Muspell are here for some god forsaken reason. Clair is the only blue unit I can really run in this mode for scoring reasons so fuck me I guess

Not the worst mode, not great either. Random units can screw up your attempt, while wasting the friend's unit for the day, the necessity of either of the two legendary heroes obviously irks me, but isn't too mandatory due to negligible prizes (the jump in score rewards for those willing to go after the new shiny units also feels kinda off, imo: +100 feathers -> +200 -> +1000 -> +500?! At least the increasing ranking rewards make enough sense).

All in all, extra 2k feathers (maybe 3k someday) and some flowers per week is fine, but it's not the mode I'm still looking for, where I can play whenever I have nothing left to do, just another low-effort/one-and-done mode. Shrug.

At least getting to play with units from the friends list is neat, and still a way better mode than.... yaaawn, the voting gauntlet.

912 was the best I could do over the course of doing the ticket quests. Missed on on 10 points when I got cornered and had to take a non-WTA kill. However, 922 wouldn't take me to the next reward tier anyway, and while it'll cost me a couple Dragonflowers at least, I haven't been using them anyway - I've done two Heroic Ordeals ever.

Basically the big determinant on whether a run would turn out good or bad is whether Innes spawned with his special refine, which blocks my FGrima's counter, or with a generic one with which I can then kill him and try to stay safe around the northern part of the map.

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

How does this synergy bonus work? I got a synergy bonus of 2, is more even possible yet? 

L!Alm helped me to reach a score of 935 with my not optimized (Reposition + 240 SPD skills) +10 fliers, getting all +15 kills. 

Should have synergy bonus 3 now. It just increases by 1 every season you win a battle in and will be capped at 99. So basically in a bit under 2 years, if you won a battle every season, you will finally cap out your synergy bonus. Kind of stupid really, while a few points isn't really that big of a deal, next year the new players will be 50+ points behind the older ones in this mode, killing their chances of ranking super well. Unless they end up changing something.

2 hours ago, Maaka said:

Should have synergy bonus 3 now. It just increases by 1 every season you win a battle in and will be capped at 99. So basically in a bit under 2 years, if you won a battle every season, you will finally cap out your synergy bonus. Kind of stupid really, while a few points isn't really that big of a deal, next year the new players will be 50+ points behind the older ones in this mode, killing their chances of ranking super well. Unless they end up changing something.

Thanks for the answer! Yeah, that seems kind of pointless. 

Got my run out of the way early with a score of 940, using Cain, Felicia, Roy+Robin, and Hawkeye+someone's F Corrin. Had paired Roy up with Fjorm at first, but the respawn locations were messing with my ability to reach everything safely. I ultimately figured that the only unit you wanna bait at start is Innes, since the real trick is to keep your team together. Don't get carried away trying to kill too many at once, sticking together means you can use the mountain to your advantage to avoid most of the enemies since there are only a few possible fliers and they're not guaranteed. It's definitely better to work your way north so that when the last wave spawns in the south, you'll have time to finish off the others.

7 hours ago, colossus86 said:

Just a warning to everyone the fucking Generals of Muspell are here for some god forsaken reason. Clair is the only blue unit I can really run in this mode for scoring reasons so fuck me I guess

Yeah it's super weird, but at least Helbindi is still a melee. Odder still that they'd dilute red with more swords and just use two generic colorless units. It also occurred to me that there'll never be generic staff users, probably due to the time restriction.

For what it's worth, I'm not running any blues for scoring, except Fjorm in Water Season, and since there are 3 reds this week, it might be better to use blue units from friends

This one is so much harder than last week's since the units are pretty much getting free stat/damage boosts via their skills (Laevatein, Helbindi, Eirika, Ephraim, Seth, L'Arachel) and there are more mobile enemies than last season's (last season saw mostly infantry units while this season's sees more cavalry units and a really bulky flier). And nobody's running anti-armor weapons!

Really hard/impossible to do anything without getting a unit killed, let alone get kills that award bonus points. Tried to do different things but the results aren't any better than what I'm already doing previously (read: somebody still dies).

Best I could muster currently is 898 deathless.

I honestly find this gamemode more frustrating than Arena or Arena Assault and about on par with Aether Raids - possibly even moreso since I'm facing AI units rather than player created units.

Using a friend's unit is cool but given how I effectively only have 7 chances with each proxy unit and that there's only so much they can do, it doesn't really do anything to alleviate my frustration with Allegiance Battles.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Took only 3-4 tries to figure out how to do it, so it wasn't that bad.
Managed to get my perfect 940 total score with +10 Sheena/Effie/Surtr and +0 L!Alm, with the pair up units being my galeforce Eliwood and a friend blue unit (+10 CC Vantage Micaiah). Very nice to have a game mode that takes so little time overall.

18 minutes ago, Azuni said:

Took only 3-4 tries to figure out how to do it, so it wasn't that bad.
Managed to get my perfect 940 total score with +10 Sheena/Effie/Surtr and +0 L!Alm, with the pair up units being my galeforce Eliwood and a friend blue unit (+10 CC Vantage Micaiah). Very nice to have a game mode that takes so little time overall.

What are you running for the Galeforce Eliwood set?