Allegiance Battle Discussion Thread

Rezzy

39 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

What are you running for the Galeforce Eliwood set?

Blazing Durandal, Reposition, Fury3, QR3, Attack Smoke3, QP seal (he is in front on turn1 so the charge goes down to 4), so he galeforce kill some greens, and EP the Myrrh

Edited by Azuni

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a fun diversion yesterday, got a 936 score after a couple of tries (4-5). It's easier when Eirika spawns in the north btw. 

Really got lucky having L!Alm for scoring. Hope the new rewards (orbs above all) will not depend on ranking. 

I complained about Innes ruining about 70% of my attempts due to FGrima not being able to counter him, and even if not, sometimes surviving the counter anyway. Well, like the idiot I am, I forgot that Bowlyn was a thing, maybe because she's coloured pink instead of grey on the ally menu. So I switched my Roy's partner to her, and all of a sudden this map became much, much easier.

Actually, I ended up stranded on 924 points which, go figure, is exactly 1 point short of the next reward tier, which is worth 1000 feathers. Frustrating to be sure, and it became extra frustrating when I needed several attempts to get another perfect run, this time with AoE specials equipped to push me to the all-important 724 base score. 926 is the result, and I'm pleased with that. Team was Tiki, Nowi, Nino all +10, Elroy +0 paired with Bowlyn +1, and someone's Reinhardt +10 who somehow tanked Helbindi to the face.

All in all, the attempts took perhaps as much, if not more effort than my former full-effort attempts at Arena Assault did. But for some reason this mode is a lot less tedious even if the time investment is the same. It's a lot more predictable I guess, and less effort lost if I make one mistake. Always hated games with high punishment for failure, which is essentially every chain mode in FEH.

Apparently they're moving the rewards from blessed gardens to this mode in a month or so. Even if this mode isn't my absolute favorite, I'm not sad to see blessed gardens go. It always felt like such a chore.

I used blessed gardens to stash unused orbs there. xD This is over now. But I am kind of glad that there is less shore. Also hope they will grade AA a bit down to 5 rounds. With AR and now AB there is still some things to do. 

The map this week seemed a bit harder, but I actually got a higher overall score, which was also my first try this week oddly enough.  Not having to do this every day is a definite plus.  It's usually not too big a deal, but trying to get Arena, Aether Raids, and up until last week Arena Assault all done during the day on Monday was always a chore, considering I often don't get home from work before the modes close.

Same team as last week, but with 4 merges on Alm instead of none. Sitting at 940 points (738 base, 150 kill, 3 synergy, 24 friend, 25 mission), which is currently rank 551.

Eirika and Larchel are kind of annoying due to their mobility and the fact that they obnoxiously like to spawn with perfectly overlapping threat ranges.

I just realized today that if I start with Roy and Alm switched out to Ophelia and Yune, I can get Ophelia's Special charged right off the bat. This should have been obvious with the tips I wrote up myself last week, but damn I'm slow.

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Same team as last week, but with 4 merges on Alm instead of none. Sitting at 940 points (738 base, 150 kill, 3 synergy, 24 friend, 25 mission), which is currently rank 551.

I just fell out of the 1k group having 4 points less than you. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I just fell out of the 1k group having 4 points less than you.

wo, this mode really.. I have 938 Points and I am around rank 800. Need to check again soon cause of the typical last day wave which came today..

Finishing the week off with a score of 942 (base 740), rank 449 at the time of this post. Looks like L!Alm made a difference of 7 points. Thankfully got super lucky and got 3 in about 130 orbs. Hoping to save up to +10 him in July if I get lucky enough then as well.

I couldn't quite hit 900 points this season.  The map was awful for my usual team, with Innes being especially troublesome.  I use L!Robin as my main colorless unit, and any attempt where he gets the special refine instantly became that much more annoying.  A Def refine was also bad, as it lets him survive a round of combat.  Speaking of L!Robin, she should the target for next season, right? 

9 hours ago, Stroud said:

wo, this mode really.. I have 938 Points and I am around rank 800. Need to check again soon cause of the typical last day wave which came today..

I felt safe having reached rank 615 the week before with the same team. Didn't bother to optimise SP heavy skills, perhaps I should this week. Using Reposition was nice though. 

Panicked a bit when I did a perfect run but only scored 898. Of course, that's because the quest bonus points and friends bonus points haven't been filled out yet. They had better apply retrospectively... Should score 927 by my reckoning, one more than last week. Also got a little annoyed at failing my first attempt due to Bowlyn being 1 measly damage short of killing FGrima, forcing a restart. The biggest problem here by far is Maribelle, but fortunately she appeared just once or twice across all my attempts.

The synergy bonus needs to be a bit higher before I can start playing sub-optimally, the most important thing being that in 3 more weeks I'll have enough to start being able to get a non-WTA kill per match and still hit the all-important 925 point threshold (which gives 1000 more feathers than 924 does). There is essentially no possibility for me to ever jump to the 950+ tier without another half-year's worth of synergy bonus, but it's only 500 more feathers for a ridiculous amount of extra work, so that's some comfort knowing that I've basically "capped out" on this mode and just need to repeat this same low-effort thing every week for my maximum realistic reward.

I was worried when I saw Maribelle on my first attempt, but she didn't show up for any of my next 3. Managed to get a perfect run (945) on the 4th attempt with +10 Surtr/Sheena/Effie and +0 L!Alm; the pair-ups were my galeforce Eliwood again, and a friend's CC Vantage Micaiah.

10 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Panicked a bit when I did a perfect run but only scored 898. Of course, that's because the quest bonus points and friends bonus points haven't been filled out yet. They had better apply retrospectively...

It does. I did a couple runs this morning to bring it up since I figured it wasn't retroactive and people were gonna be lazy about it this week, but then checking it at lunch, I saw my score rose. 

This map seems way easier, pretty much proven to me by the fact that I managed to reach my highscore of killing everything by the correctly coloured pair-up units without movement assists (outside of pair-up supports, who should always have them as they don't affect the score) in one try. This means, other people should have an easier time as well and I'm not gonna bother trying to stay top 1k. even if 10 flowers more would be neat. This is under the assumption that the threshold will rise quite a bit till the end of the season, making any effort for 2 points or whatever I can improve on with skill inheritance quite pointless.

I got 900 points! Until I get Pair-Up Legendary Heroes, I am pretty much staying in this score range until the Synergy bonus takes me higher.

The new map is a little easier, I could get the full bonus (150) already with the second try. @Maakas Garon helped! 

Last season my score was enough for rank 732, hope I'll manage to remain in top 1k for some weeks. I'm a little confused they didn't change anything in the rewards, I thought they'd rotate between feathers, blessings and orbs. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

The new map is a little easier, I could get the full bonus (150) already with the second try. @Maakas Garon helped! 

Last season my score was enough for rank 732, hope I'll manage to remain in top 1k for some weeks. I'm a little confused they didn't change anything in the rewards, I thought they'd rotate between feathers, blessings and orbs. 

Not yet, and the rewards we currently get are staying. The change will be to give more rewards in addition to the current feathers for score and Dragonflowers for rank. This will start in a couple weeks time - we've still got two more sets of Blessed Gardens to be added (Earth this weekend, then Fire next), after that the next reward due for Blessed Gardens will be straight up added for Allegiance Battles instead - and where it's feathers I assume it'll just mean 5000 feathers instead of the current 3000.

EDIT: From the update announcement:

Beginning with the Season starting on May 27, 2019, the rewards for Allegiance Battles will be increased. Wind, Earth, Fire, and Water Blessings will be added as Ranking rewards, rotating between seasons. Orbs and Divine Dew are also being added as Score rewards, rotating between three separate reward seasons:

• Hero Feathers only
  • Hero Feathers & Divine Dew
  • Hero Feathers & Orbs
Edited by Humanoid

@Humanoid Thanks! Didn't remember there was a specific date. I thought it was connected to the app-update. 

"Orbs [...] are also being added as Score rewards": Hope I won't miss orbs, since it's currently very hard to reach the highest scoring tier. 

15 hours ago, mampfoid said:

1 hour ago, Syllabear said:

938. Pretty much the highest score I could get. Base score is 734. Shout to @Maaka's Garon I was able to get a perfect run on the first try! He's beautiful.

Glad to see everyone enjoying my Garon!

Looks like I'm stuck at 948 this week. If only I had that final L!Azura merge... Oh well, it's only 500 feathers, but it's too bad I'll be stuck at 949 next week...

8 hours ago, Maaka said:

Glad to see everyone enjoying my Garon!

Yeah, he is really a big help. I'm considering to use blue friend units next week, just to give my Roy a chance in AB. DC/CC units are handy for after-attack unit switching though.

8 hours ago, Maaka said:

Oh well, it's only 500 feathers, but it's too bad I'll be stuck at 949 next week...

You should reach 950 just in time when orbs will be rewarded. I might miss 1-2 orbs, since I'm still stuck at 942.