Who's HYPED for FE Three houses?

Dinar87

Who's HYPED for FE Three houses?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Hype-ometer...

• I'd literally kill to play this game now!!
    • Looks pretty good
    • Meh
    • Worried but it could still be good
    • 0/10 IGN looks worse than fates

Didn't IGN give Fates, like, an 8/10 or 9/10?

Seems like it could be good, sure.  I don't really get hyped for games much anymore.  I mean, this game is definitely one I'm looking forward to and will get probably at launch, but I wouldn't describe myself as "hyped".

I prefer to let a game enthrall me as I play it, not before I play it.  Which is more a result of me being disappointed with Grand Theft Auto V's online mode than anything.  Single player of that game was great, but the online sucked major ass, and it was the aspect of the game I was most hyped for (and I was really hyped), so ever since then I've had a muted response to most pre-release content I'm shown of games lately.  It isn't that I think the game will suck or be dull, I just would rather play it for myself than get excited over something I don't even know if I'll enjoy, as I've been burned before for getting unreasonably hyped.

51 minutes ago, Disclaimer said:

unrevealed Camillas

I'm sorry, this just sounds funny.

Beware the unrevealed Camillas, for they stalk the nights on full moons, feasting on the virgin blood of adolescent girls and hiding underneath the crevices .

Alternatively, it's referring to breasts that aren't exposed.

1 hour ago, lethologicaaaaa said:

Then again, I'm also probably terrifed of the prospect of being a school teacher.

It could be worse.

You could be a substitute teacher.

5 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

At least the world building seems to be heading towards the direction of Elibe if not Jugdral and Tellius, instead of Fateslandia and Ylisse.

I can't be the only one who still prefers the pre-chapter narrations that explained the locations you were going to and the general context behind what happens next, can I?

I never really liked how in Fates and Awakening, it was mostly "oh hey, now everyone's here doing things".  They had the text boxes explaining stuff before every chapter, but they weren't really all that well written.  Like, the chapter description for the Wind Tribe chapter in Fates: Birthright tells you absolutely nothing about how you're going through the Wind Tribe or even the Endless Staircase - it just says "you're going to Izumo", pretty much implying that anything up until that point is filler.

I dunno, I just feel like the narrations on the older games inspired more intrigue and wonder and were also more informative.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say, that I am really excited for the release and cannot wait to play the game. But the wording of the first coice sounds a little extreme.

So it just looks pretty okay, I guess. (And I am not even a big fan of the artwork.)

While I am really excited, I still have a few worries and hopes. The upcoming weeks will probably give me answers and every new tidbit of information is fun as well.

1 hour ago, Bloom said:

Let me get married please.

Something I dislike is how many students have matching eye/hair color. So damn lazy... Otherwise I am pretty excited for the game.

Are it that many though? It feels like the eye colors are more diverse than in Fates. Maybe the ones with matching hair/eye color are just way too obtrusive.

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

It could be worse.

You could be a substitute teacher.

Inflicting RL trauma on Best Mod is grounds for a ban! :P:

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

I can't be the only one who still prefers the pre-chapter narrations that explained the locations you were going to and the general context behind what happens next, can I?

I never really liked how in Fates and Awakening, it was mostly "oh hey, now everyone's here doing things".  They had the text boxes explaining stuff before every chapter, but they weren't really all that well written.  Like, the chapter description for the Wind Tribe chapter in Fates: Birthright tells you absolutely nothing about how you're going through the Wind Tribe or even the Endless Staircase - it just says "you're going to Izumo", pretty much implying that anything up until that point is filler.

I dunno, I just feel like the narrations on the older games inspired more intrigue and wonder and were also more informative.

Well, you CAN. . .but is it important if you are the only one? ;):

The pre-chapter narration heavily depended on the writing of said narration.  The good thing about those little tidbits was that they were accompanied by a map, so I could see where we were going.  Tellius did a good job, IMO, because it traced the route from Crimea through Gallia to Begnion, up to Daein, and back to Crimea.  A bit of pre-chapter text also showed that such a trip wouldn't have been done in a trivial amount of time - Ike mentions something like a year had passed.

2 hours ago, Maimishou said:

I'm definitely looking forward to 3H. While I'm still new to the franchise, having only played Birthright and half of Echoes, I'm interested in seeing how different the series is on consoles. My only worry is with the lack of Phoenix Mode though I'm hoping its exclusion means Normal is balanced enough that people who enjoyed/played through Fates with Phoenix Mode enabled will still be able to enjoy the game on Normal Casual.

Good to see Phoenix mode helped some people, the hate it got was really overblown.

You can still try normal casual before 3 Houses comes out so you can prepare for it. I haven't played neither phoenix or Lunatic 9r classic mode, I prefer normal and it isn't very hard, mainly since you can save anytime. You should try it. My recommendation is to save at the start of your turn and save before you make a desicion you aren't sure of.

Edited by kratoscar2008

Also, I'm a big fan of Persona/Valkyria Chronicles 2 so I'm pretty excited for this Academy-Like type of gameplay. I don't know how the Teacher-Student relationship is going to work, but I'm pretty scared of it. Not a negative point, ''It just ain't my style to marry my freaking students''. I would love to see a more Paternal/Maternal type of relationship though.

I'm looking forward to it. I'm not as excited as I was for Fates, but that's because Fates was a bit disappointing, and I'm controlling my expectations this time around. I like the sound of everything we've seen so far, and while the school setting and having the Avatar be a teacher was a bit offputting at first I'm fairly content with the direction now. 

World-building and story wise it seems to be an improvement in the areas I had the most issues with in Fates. All I'm waiting for now is confirmation of a Awakening/Fates style support system and more details about it. If it can fix the major issues I had with those I'll be fully sold. 

Edited by EJ107

3 hours ago, DuckPhoenix said:

I would say, that I am really excited for the release and cannot wait to play the game. But the wording of the first coice sounds a little extreme.

So it just looks pretty okay, I guess. (And I am not even a big fan of the artwork.)

While I am really excited, I still have a few worries and hopes. The upcoming weeks will probably give me answers and every new tidbit of information is fun as well.

Are it that many though? It feels like the eye colors are more diverse than in Fates. Maybe the ones with matching hair/eye color are just way too obtrusive.

Eh... yeah. They're like REALLY bold colors. It just pops out to me and I dislike it... It's not a deal breaker though, I WILL be playing this game.

I am mixed about some things such as the art direction and some of the new systems, and because I got burnt so hard by Fates I'm not holding that many expectations for the plot, but overall I like that they're trying something different with this game instead of the good ol' formula. It's very possible that none of this school stuff works well, but just like how I appreciated the Fates triangle/weapon effects experimenting, I'm willing to go with this kind of experimentation as well. I guess a lot of people have been put off by how different this game is shaping up to be, and maybe some people just hope the series goes back to being like a certain era, but that's the last thing I want them to do.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

I definitely have some concerns but i haven't really spotted any red flags yet. My biggest criticism of the game is the artstyle and even then, it's a whatever. But i am looking forward to it. It comes out three days after my birthday so it shouldn't be too hard to get. I'm just not super hyped for it right now because there's a lot we don't know.

6 minutes ago, highPhil said:

I'm new to For Emblem, but I wanted to give it a try. Do I have to know the past chapters' story or are they independent? Thanks.

Three Houses is independent but so are most FE games. The only ones where you really have to play them in order are the Tellius games (FE9 and 10).

27 minutes ago, highPhil said:

I'm new to For Emblem, but I wanted to give it a try. Do I have to know the past chapters' story or are they independent? Thanks.

Nope. This game is independent of the others in the franchise story wise. The ones that are connected in terms of story are Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem, Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776, Binding and Blazing Blade, and the Tellius saga (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn - particularly noteworthy because you have to play the former to make sense of some of the goings-on in the latter).

Edited by Shadow Mir

I really don't know what to say, I just don't feel the hype like I did for Fates. Maybe it had to do with knowing it was in development for a year without seeing a thing, and then to see a trailer that didn't surprise anyone. I also really don't care for the visuals and setting. Overall I'm looking forward to it, I'm just not excited for it.

Kind of wish they hadn't said anything about it until E3 last year.

I'm both wary and interested enough for me to book my summer vacations starting on July 26th so I'm not sure where I fit on the pool.

It's Fire Emblem and I'm sure it's going to be a ton of fun. It seemingly looks as if it's going to be incredibly replayable, I appreciate the in-game cutscenes (dialog with characters moving), basic story and setup seems good, there's skills which I enjoy, etc.

I also have some concerns about the game (is everything going to be "just" based around the school all game, if the game will be properly balanced when there's so much option for character development, some aspect of the visuals, etc). 

So I guess I'm very hyped but wary about some aspects?

I voted for 'Worried', but could have voted for 'Meh.' I lost interest in the details of the game soon after the first trailer was shown.
I dislike the art style and the looks of various of the characters (like the stupid girl with a stripper hat), and am worried that it might turn into 'Persona #FE' (what may be a plus for others.)

As flawed as Conquest was, I was hyped when I first saw the trailer (in 2017!) and I really liked many things about it. It is, by far, my most played game of the last two years.
Who knows, maybe Three Houses will greatly surprise me.

17 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

15 hours ago, eclipse said:

The pre-chapter narration heavily depended on the writing of said narration.  The good thing about those little tidbits was that they were accompanied by a map, so I could see where we were going. Tellius did a good job, IMO, because it traced the route from Crimea through Gallia to Begnion, up to Daein, and back to Crimea.  A bit of pre-chapter text also showed that such a trip wouldn't have been done in a trivial amount of time - Ike mentions something like a year had passed.

I miss these too tbh. They helped me feel a little more engaged in the story in Radiant Dawn, that's something I didn't feel AT ALL for 3DS FE especially the new franchise butt monkey.

Anyway, some of the info we've gotten has me a little worried in the typical "please don't be like Fates" way, but I'm mostly just interested in what direction the plot could take because of the setup we're working with. I know hype is a dangerous state to be in because it can lead you to have expectations, often unrealistic ones, about just what you're getting hyped about in the first place so I'm not exactly jumping in place here.

"Interested" is more the word I'd use I guess.

On 4/28/2019 at 7:31 PM, kratoscar2008 said:

Good to see Phoenix mode helped some people, the hate it got was really overblown.

You can still try normal casual before 3 Houses comes out so you can prepare for it. I haven't played neither phoenix or Lunatic 9r classic mode, I prefer normal and it isn't very hard, mainly since you can save anytime. You should try it. My recommendation is to save at the start of your turn and save before you make a desicion you aren't sure of.

Oh, I have a copy of SoV that I was playing Normal Casual on. I had to stop once I reached Act 4 though because while I'd struggled some prior to then I found the start significantly harder than the first three Acts to the point it wasn't fun for me anymore. That's why I'm hoping the lack of Phoenix Mode means Normal Casual is balanced in a way that can appeal to both those new to the game and those who just prefer Casual over Classic modes.

20 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

particularly noteworthy because you have to play the former to make sense of some of the goings-on in the latter

As someone who played Radiant Dawn before Path of Radiance, you really don't.

11 hours ago, TheDreamReturns said:

I miss these too tbh. They helped me feel a little more engaged in the story in Radiant Dawn, that's something I didn't feel AT ALL for 3DS FE especially the new franchise butt monkey.

Anyway, some of the info we've gotten has me a little worried in the typical "please don't be like Fates" way, but I'm mostly just interested in what direction the plot could take because of the setup we're working with. I know hype is a dangerous state to be in because it can lead you to have expectations, often unrealistic ones, about just what you're getting hyped about in the first place so I'm not exactly jumping in place here.

"Interested" is more the word I'd use I guess.

Yeah, it's a shame they took out the pre-chapter narration. Exposition about what they're doing should be put there.

There's a reason people call Azura the "exposition queen" because she basically starts almost every chapter she's in recapping everything.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Three Houses. Fire Emblem games are usually quite solid especially when it comes to gameplay so I'm not particularly worried about that part of the game. What has me worried is how the characters and story are going to be handled. I think IS can really improve on both of these aspects and if they do Three Houses might be one of the best entries in the series.