Who's HYPED for FE Three houses?

Dinar87

Who's HYPED for FE Three houses?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Hype-ometer...

• I'd literally kill to play this game now!!
    • Looks pretty good
    • Meh
    • Worried but it could still be good
    • 0/10 IGN looks worse than fates

14 hours ago, starburst said:

I dislike the art style and the looks of various of the characters (like the stupid girl with a stripper hat), and am worried that it might turn into 'Persona #FE' (what may be a plus for others.)

Ummm. . .why are you so fixated on that hat?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Maimishou said:

Oh, I have a copy of SoV that I was playing Normal Casual on. I had to stop once I reached Act 4 though because while I'd struggled some prior to then I found the start significantly harder than the first three Acts to the point it wasn't fun for me anymore. That's why I'm hoping the lack of Phoenix Mode means Normal Casual is balanced in a way that can appeal to both those new to the game and those who just prefer Casual over Classic modes.

Ah I see. I haven't played that one but its doable in the fates games. As I have said in not good enough for harder than normal casual so I think you can do it too.

Guest you welcome
On 29/4/2019 at 6:28 AM, highPhil said:

I'm new to For Emblem, but I wanted to give it a try. Do I have to know the past chapters' story or are they independent? Thanks.

3 hours ago, Guest you welcome said:

Fire Emblem games typically go in pairs largely independent from the rest. That being said, this one is independent period, for now. It's a new world with new characters none of us know.

Edited by Cysx

8 hours ago, Guest you welcome said:

Like was said earlier, this one isn't connected to any of the others in terms of story, so you should be fine without playing any of the others.

Guest Dia

I am looking Forward to this game. While the art style is a bit "off" to me , I can get used to it.

And while I am not a fan of being a teacher (and playing as such) , I will at least try it before I can make my full opinion on it.

I hope they do not structure the everyday life with real time (like : It is 4:30 in the evening -> class starts at 5 o'clock.). That would be really not my taste but oh well.

So.... my "Hype-ometer" is a 7 out of 10 right now.

On 4/29/2019 at 7:47 AM, Ertrick36 said:

I can't be the only one who still prefers the pre-chapter narrations that explained the locations you were going to and the general context behind what happens next, can I?

I never really liked how in Fates and Awakening, it was mostly "oh hey, now everyone's here doing things".  They had the text boxes explaining stuff before every chapter, but they weren't really all that well written.  Like, the chapter description for the Wind Tribe chapter in Fates: Birthright tells you absolutely nothing about how you're going through the Wind Tribe or even the Endless Staircase - it just says "you're going to Izumo", pretty much implying that anything up until that point is filler.

I dunno, I just feel like the narrations on the older games inspired more intrigue and wonder and were also more informative.

You're not the only one. I think the only games that can get away with not having said world-building explanations are if the game is set in our real-life world, and even then, some games could do with some explanation when there are localizations. (Persona for example, 4's Naoto and her battle against workplace misogyny in the main story, 4's Chie and 3's Mitsuru and their lack of self-confidence in their female gender in their social links comes to mind - they could really added an exposition explaining how m/f gender equality in Japan's is actually worse than the majority of both 1st and 3rd world countries.)

Though, that's not the only strike I have against FE, as I've written before.

On a different note, I wonder if the school/everyday part is going to be part-Persona. Y'know, with choices of activities to make for a partticular period of day.

Edited by henrymidfields

The one thing I'm worried about for this game though, besides the graphics and presentation, is how much of the game is spent in the officers academy. If it's the whole game mostly, then I can see a lot of people being let down by three house's story and structure I think.

4 hours ago, Dinar87 said:

The one thing I'm worried about for this game though, besides the graphics and presentation, is how much of the game is spent in the officers academy. If it's the whole game mostly, then I can see a lot of people being let down by three house's story and structure I think.

Honestly, I kind of expect it to serve as a 'homebase' of sorts for the vast majority of the game, much like in Valkyria Chronicles 2. Too many game mechanics just seem invested in the place.

...And now I'm thinking about Valkyria Chronicles 2. Man, I really hope this game turns out better than that hot mess.

I don't think the game would only take place in the academy, I mean....assuming the church is evil, aren't they also apart of the academy? Which would make me wonder how us, the players, would stay the whole game in the same spot with the "evil guys". Also most of the mechanics that we saw could still work in a army's camp if you think about it, and plus our units won't be students forever I would think? So yeah I really don't think we will stay in the academy the whole game, or at least I hope.

Edited by Rose482

Guest LSM
29 minutes ago, Onestep said:

Honestly, I kind of expect it to serve as a 'homebase' of sorts for the vast majority of the game, much like in Valkyria Chronicles 2. Too many game mechanics just seem invested in the place.

...And now I'm thinking about Valkyria Chronicles 2. Man, I really hope this game turns out better than that hot mess.

Maybe it'll be a reverse VC4; the first ~half can be in Garrag Mach and then the latter parts of the game have an army camp (or what you will) to wander around.

Maybe there will be a time skip but instead of jumping years forward, it just jumps a month or two forward to when the conflict starts. The students graduate from the school/forced to quit school and the teacher-student relationship is gone but many of the mechanics from the school are still accessible. Not sure how the whole exam class change thing will translate outside of the school though.

If they're smart they won't even need to really reframe the Class Exams at all. It's supposed to be a Military Academy so you would think they would follow similar processes that the Military does. Once they leave the Academy that wouldn't really need to change anything. To gain a Promotion and increase your military rank you must pass their examination. Stuff like the Teacher mechanics and running Classes, Group Projects and Tutoring are a bit more complicated but could be theoretically left as is or just reframed as Training, Duties, Sparring or some such.

14 hours ago, zuibangde said:

Maybe there will be a time skip but instead of jumping years forward, it just jumps a month or two forward to when the conflict starts. The students graduate from the school/forced to quit school and the teacher-student relationship is gone but many of the mechanics from the school are still accessible. Not sure how the whole exam class change thing will translate outside of the school though.

I doubt that'll be a problem. Mechanics can be easily transferred to somewhere else.

Kind of like in Valkyria Chronicles 4 where you do most of the early game stuff at Lindburgh Base but eventually you move on to something else which still follows the same functions.

Edited by Sentinel07

Yeah I think while it's possible that you would end up staying at the monastery for most of the game, I think if they intelligently ration out parts where you can and can't use it, it could be interesting gameplay wise, as then leveling up your students would be more strategic. 

I'm always excited for Fire Emblem! I love the art style and theme song and the characters all seem really interesting! I like how the school setting and new class system is changing up the FE formula! Can't wait to mess around with the classes!

I'm excited, but not nearly as much as I was for Fates. I don't think I'll ever be that excited for a game again and then be so let down. Sorry Fates fans, and not trying to say it was a bad game. I just had high expectations and I don't think it met them. So I'm not setting myself up for that again, but I am putting a lot of money into it as I'm buying the special edition.

I'll probably watch a LP  on Youtube and call it a day. There is too little for my own taste to justify buying this game or a switch.

I'm okay with skipping this title. Maybe the next one will catch my interest again or a remake (Echoes overwhelmingly suprised me).