What is your dream crossover game?

Roland

I'm sure at some point we've all had a dream crossover game we all wish could happen. What are some dream crossover games you wish could happen?

For me, a crossover I wish could happen is Shin Megami Tensei X Persona. The two series are own by the same company, and they're apart of the same franchise. I've always wanted to see what would happen when you put the characters of Persona 4 or 5 in the same room as someone like the Demi-Fiend or Flynn. I dunno why, but I think the idea of having a group of kids with the responsibility of using their powers to save the world interact with a survivor of the post-apocalyptic who's forced to choose between the forces of Law and Chaos would be interesting to see.

As for what kind of game it'd be, I like for it to be either a fighting game similar to the Arena titles or a dungeon crawler RPG similar to the old school SMT games with the option to play as either the Persona protagonists or SMT protagonists.

Well, my dream crossover is already a thing: the Super Robot Wars series.

Outside of that... I honestly don't know. I like crossovers in general; but outside SRW I can't say I have something that could qualify as a "dream" crossover. Whether existing already or that is yet to be a thing.

I would have said SMT X FE, but... I don't think the game we got from that could be anything close to a dream game for me.

I want Dragon's Dogma X Dragon Quest. These are the two RPG franchises that I think best exemplify what I want out of fantasy RPGs. I want to go out, and feel like I'm on an adventure. A game that had Dragon's Dogma's combat with Dragon Quest's RPG mechanics, designs and classes would just be perfect for me.

Edited by Slumber

Xenoblade Warriors is an easy pick, but mostly because there's been some discussion around it before and it makes a lot of sense. A Fire Emblem fighting game made by Arc System Works would be pretty awesome as well.

I've been joking-but-not-really-joking about a Yakuza and Shenmue crossover. The events of Shenmue 1 pre-date Yakuza 0 by three whole years, so we'd have to finish the Shenmue story before we could plan out how and why Ryo Hazuki returns to Japan and meets the Dragon of Dojima.

Square-Enix vs Capcom would be nice. Lately I am a bit unhappy with Marvel vs Capcom, because Capcom just does not use characters I like from them.. I also would like to have a Square-Enix Allstar game, so why not like this.

Splatoon x Jet Set Radio

LittleBigPlanet x Super Mario Maker 

SMT x TWEWY or Pokemon 

FE x Pokemon 

An open-world Gran Turismo in the vein of Forza Horizon 

PGR x Forza

SMT x Castlevania 

Xenoblade Warriors 

A proper Mario/Sonic crossover 

TWEWY x FE 

Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney 2. Or any other AA crossover.

Also, a game where Bowser and King K. Rool join forces and both DK and Mario have to team up to defeat them. Of course, since DK and Mario are technically in the same universe, this isn't much of a crossover...

1 hour ago, TheGoodHoms said:

Xenoblade Warriors is an easy pick, but mostly because there's been some discussion around it before and it makes a lot of sense. A Fire Emblem fighting game made by Arc System Works would be pretty awesome as well.

54 minutes ago, Melissa said:

Xenoblade Warriors 

This but i'm gonna take it a step forward: Xeno Warriors. This would of course require the unlikely cooperation of Nintendo, Namco and Square (and by that, i mean just the unlikely cooperation of Square because God knows how stubborn they are) but this is a dream crossover topic so i'm gonna talk about this. I do want Xenoblade Warriors but as someone who's played every Xeno game (except XBX), I think it'd be a lot more interesting if the whole Xeno metaverse was in one game.

Although actually, it doesn't have to be a Musou. It can be Xeno Fighters game by ArcSys or something. Or, since you can't spell Xeno without overambition, have an actual proper JRPG featuring characters from all 8 Xeno games.

Pokémon Puzzle League x Tetris - I call it PPL rather than Tetris Attack or Panel de Pon, because it is the most "classic" of the lot (since the AI doesn't kill itself so fast) of them before you switch to all multiplayer play. PPL needs a revival independent of being in a crossover anyway.

Puzzle Bobble x Magical Drop /// These two are closely related to begin with, could be married without causing too many problems.

Pokémon Puzzle League x Puyo Puyo - In both of these games you receive garbage from top to bottom, which may make it a simpler implemnation than Puyo Puyo Tetris, where one player received garbage from the top, while the other received it from the bottom... putting in a skill gap where "recovery" strats for one player meant using a bad scoring formation (devil counter,etc al) or actually making use of the garbage to further score with fast digging><  

Solomon's Key x Marisa's Trap Tower - I hate to talk about Solomon's Key since I think it is solidily "replaced" by games that came out shortly after it Zipang/Fire and Ice/Troddlers and even a number of indie games with a spiritual version of it's block mechanic do it better than the old thing. It's hard to think of way to jazz it up that works good in practice rather than only theory. Troddlers tried to do "lemmings x Solomon's Key" but ended up feeling more like the latter than the former due to its pace. I remember competent lightworld/darkworld and phase mechanic Solmon Key likes as well. I think this really specific crossover could work because the pace of vanilla Solomon's key always seemed absurd given it's mechanics and the number of good 1 player 2 character simulplay puzzle platformers is lacking. The Solomon block mechanic even brings up an special case here if you need to trade blocks from one charather's inventory to the other.

Spindizzy Worlds x Super Monkey Ball - Battle of physics heavy momentum games from one generation to anonther. Spindizzy World's great level design deserves working camera control transitions to avoid it's marble madness esque blind spot problems.

AquaAqua x Pipeworks - These are both games that push you to scoring before survival and both about water. Signifgant tweaks would be needed rather than a straight crossover, hopefully keeping the addictive parts of each game while minimizing the annoying parts.  Aqua Aqua needs a perspective fix for the edge of the wall, and needs to remove the major negative tiles (bomb/ice) and increase the frequency of the minor negative tile (downer)… this is partly for Aqua Aqua's own sake, as the challenge of the major tile is so swingy that you just dedicate a corner to dump them on, but also because the inclusion of Pipework's negative tiles (4 way, etc) makes up for things without transforming the scoring challenge into a survial challenge in an unnatural way.... that will come anyway when you run out of space.

Head over Heels x Solstice - HoH is truly brilliant and knocks lesser isometrics like equinox out of the way. Solstice alone outclasses it in the genre puzzlewise, but not quite memorability. I think together they could fix the "well I'm here too early, I'll go look for other rooms to do first emptiness" that HoH still shares at times with early isometrics. Solstice of course brings obvious things to the table.

Xi Jumbo x Mahjong - This is mostly based on a what if? daydream prompted by the stacking possible in Bombastic (Xi Jumbo 2)'s Advanded mode. The frantic scoring and the survival of the pieces diseappearing under your charathers might work on a Mahjong tileset, although in hindsight it would probably be lacking compared to the Dice of the original 2 games

3 hours ago, Lyn said:

Zelda  x Harvest/ Story of Seasons. I want to farm in Hyrule.

Zelda x Stardew would be amazing.
Alternatively, Hacknet X VA-11 Hall-A

13 hours ago, Jedi said:

Still waiting for Ys vs Trails of Cold Steel in the Ys 8 engine as well.

Didn't the main character of Ys fight characters from Trails of Cold Steel in a game at some point, or am I remembering that wrong?

17 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I've been joking-but-not-really-joking about a Yakuza and Shenmue crossover. The events of Shenmue 1 pre-date Yakuza 0 by three whole years, so we'd have to finish the Shenmue story before we could plan out how and why Ryo Hazuki returns to Japan and meets the Dragon of Dojima.

I would take this as it sounds like it could be a fun crossover.

I really want a Final fantasy warriors though.

5 hours ago, Roland said:

Didn't the main character of Ys fight characters from Trails of Cold Steel in a game at some point, or am I remembering that wrong?

No, Ys characters fought people from the Trails in the Sky arc.

The Legend of Zelda x Xenoblade Chronicles:

Ideally, this would be a Fire Emblem game with real-time exploration and combat that provides a lot of depth and tactics. Imagine IS and Monolith Soft working together on a Medieval Fantasy war story in the kind of massive world that only Monolith Soft knows how to make, where you command a team to explore said world, battle an evil empire, reclaim towns and castles, and fight enemies in real-time combat that has a lot of strategy to it. Plus, imagine being able to fight on horseback and while riding wyverns and/or a Pegasus. One thing I hope is that the combat won't have the cooldowns that plague Xenoblade's combat system.