Sonic the Hedgehog-The Movie Trailer

Dai

Any other day I'd have thought this was an elaborate, if belated, April Fools' joke. But this is actually real. Oh gods...

Well...I suppose this could be my birthday movie this year, if only because I like the Sonic franchise enough to give things like this a chance. It'll be an interesting ride, at least.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Silverly said:

Can someone hand me some tissues? 

Tissues? How about some eye wash?

1 hour ago, Silverly said:

That’s the single most cursed thing I have witnessed this year.

That old Sonic CD thingy has been thoroughly dethroned from the domain of Sonic creepiness. 

Now where is my 2006 Princess kissing Abomination Sonic scene?

2 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

image.png.d21f190307f92f7ca2b4e67557019820.png

This is both hilarious and horrifying at the same time. Thank you. :p

4 hours ago, ~ Yuri ~ said:

I know this is is unimportant and nick-picky but it's mice...

You're right, it is nick picky. :p
It is more of a language thing though, in french, the direct translation to souris is mouse. Again, a different language thing.

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now where is my 2006 Princess kissing Abomination Sonic scene?

It took me too long to realize what game you were talking about. Funny how it works, I know it not because I played it, but because of how weird it was.

The fandom is diverse indeed.

I'm not sure what to say except that I kinda wanna watch it, but at the same time I kinda don't. 

Also, the trailer for a Sonic movie can get Gangsta's Paradise playing throughout the trailer, and yet the ending song for Part 5 of the JoJo anime can't? Tsk tsk.

Also also, an explanation for Sonic not dodging the tranq dart is that he wasn't expecting it to happen. He was too busy screaming. Also also also, it's for the sake of the plot.

Edited by indigocean

21 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

image.png.d21f190307f92f7ca2b4e67557019820.png

Thanks for that Greg..I'm gonna have nightmares tonight!

@B.LeuOh okay, I understand. I'm a grammar nazi so that stuff tends to bug me. 

Edited by ~ Yuri ~

^- Those are some nice posts

You know what? I don't think it looks so bad. It doesn't fill me with optimism, but I mean, I kinda get where some of it comes from. I'm not a big Sonic fan though, nor am I thoroughly impressed by their decision not to use Amish Paradise, and since I  don't go to movies, so I probably. won't be seeing this

...in theatres.

Honestly the best thing about this trailer is that it means they actually do make video game movies about blue dudes so that Mega Man film I expect to despise might actually materialize at some point.

Good news for you Sonic fans, the devs listened to the criticism and announced that the design will be changed.

Edited by Anacybele

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Good news for you Sonic fans, the devs listened to the criticism and announced that the design will be changed.

Tinfoil hat time! They were never actually going to use that design in the final product to begin with. They simply made a fake design to garner praise and favor when they use the “fixed” design.

Personally, I think that’s preposterous. No company would willingly waste time, money, and resources like that.

• 3 weeks later...

Strange news everyone!

The movie has been delayed to February. It seems the filmmakers are actually changing the things people didn't like, which I wasn't expecting.

After the initial trailer they announced very quickly that they would change Sonic's design before the release. So that's not actually news.

What's new is that the movie actually gets delayed in order to do that. So that's really nice to hear. They would have freaking killed their employees trying to make such a fundamental change in the last few months before the movie's release. 

Edited by BrightBow

Okay, that hashtag got a giggle out of me.

Pushing it to then might make it an unchallenged movie too, so it could work out for it in terms of sales. I wonder what else gets changed, though we'll likely not know all the changes for the final version vs. where they were at before they made this call.

Watch as the new design's even worse.

I thought this was pretty inevitable unless they were going to overwork and rush their animators (while likely half-assing the new design). The movie itself will still likely be average at best to lame at worst, since the story will likely not be changed or at least not significantly. At least I can breath easy knowing that Soinc won’t look (as?) garbage and the film isn’t quite the cynical dumpster fire I was initially expecting.

• 5 months later...

Hey, so Sonic actually looks really good, now. Who'd've thunk? I like how they did the fur patch between his eyes this time. Still keeps the dual-eye approach instead of the mono-eye, but looks MUCH better.

They got a full trailer with the redesign done this quickly? Knowing the amount of effort it takes to produce movie quality CGI this trailer is astonishingly impressive, the animators who made this must have had God on their side or something like that. Still not sure if it's something I really want to see, but it's still a huge turnaround that I have the utmost respect for nonetheless.