Title speaks for itself. For me, though...

Fire Emblem:

M!Robin x Tiki: This might be obvious for those who know me. I like like Tiki, but I do like the support between these two and the romance from it.

F!Robin x Stahl: If I had to pick a dude, it would be Stahl. Guy is just a nice guy.

M!Morgan x Lucina (Non-sibling, of course)/Nah : Both of these are just so good. The Lucina one was one I discovered more recently.

Camilla x Benny/Kaze: Two practically interchangeable guys that are just nice. Special thanks to @ghast and his Support Science for inspiring me to follow these.

Laslow x Azura: These two have much in common, and I like how they bond over them.

Erk x Priscilla: AKA the better Erk x Serra. And Priscilla can be happy.

Touhou:

Mokou x Keine

Remilia x Patchouli

I saw the descriptions for both ships and liked what I read. Helps I read some good fanworks for the former.

That’s all for now, will come with more. No wars, please.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, why not, so long as there are no dumb shipping wars in here. Let's be cvil, please?

FE:

Ike x Elincia
Kieran x Marcia
Frederick x Female Robin
Silas x Female Corrin

Zelda:

Link x Zelda (every game except TP, more or less, in which case I go Link x Ashei)
Pipit x Karane

I don't really ship much outside of FE, honestly. xP

I really like the Bismark for the history around it, as well as the aircraft carrier made of ice plan by the British that went nowhere during WWII because of just how crazy it was.

Edited by The DanMan

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

I really like the Bismark for the history around it, as well as the aircraft carrier made of ice plan by the British that went nowhere during WWII because of just how crazy it was.

Ok, this was worth a chuckle.

But hey, interesting fact. Nothing less than what I (should) expect from FftF.

Fire Emblem:

• Hector x Lyn
  • Eliwood x Ninian
  • Erk x Priscilla
  • M!Robin x Cordelia
  • Henry x Olivia
  • Takumi x Oboro
  • Azel x Tailitiu
  • Lex x Ayra
  • Ares x Lene
  • Seliph x Tine or Patty
  • Leif x Nanna
  • Arthur x Fee
  • Gerik x Tethys

I'm not really one to ship; when it comes to character pairings, I usually go with canon unless I feel a different pairing would've been better for plot or character reasons. Perhaps that's one reason I defend Micaiah and Sothe.

That out of the way, here's my list: (Note: to prevent this from getting too long, I'm putting the lists in spoilers. Don't worry, no actual spoilers). 

Tellius Games:

Spoiler

Ike and Elincia. The two of them had a lot of chemistry in the NA Localization of Path of Radiance, and it honestly would've been one of the most organic romantic subplots I had ever seen in a video game if they had kept it in Radiant Dawn. 

Rhys and Mia. This one is largely based on their support conversations in Path of Radiance.

Rolf and Mist. While Boyd and Mist eventually grew on me a bit after reading their supports in Path of Radiance, Mist and Rolf just seems a lot more natural. 

Oscar and Tanith. Again, I liked their support conversations in Path of Radiance, and it seemed like if any guy can convince Tanith to relax for once in her life, it would be Oscar.

Marth Games:

Spoiler

Pretty much all the canon pairings except one: Abel and Est. Come on, Palla; you had 10+ chapters before your sister showed up to say something to Abel, and you definitely shouldn't have kept your mouth shut after Est deserted Abel twice!

Kris and Katarina. This one makes a lot of sense, given how close the two of them are and that Kris is the one that's able to recruit her back to Marth's side.

Awakening:

Spoiler

M!Roblin and Cordelia. The two of them have quite a bit in common in juggling multiple skills without the two of them being too similar. Plus, their support conversations are among the better ones in Awakening. They don't mention Chrom at all, and they explore a part of Cordelia's character that doesn't get mentioned in any of her other support conversations: her time as part of the Ylissian Pegasus Knights and the reason she doesn't like being called a genius. It also has her process her grief and move forward, which is good. 

I also kind-of like M!Robin and Tiki simply because I agree that it is pretty much the ultimate way for Robin to be flipping the bird at Validar and Grima.

Stahl and Panne. Their support conversations are hilarious, and I like how Stahl tries to help Panne adjust to being around humans.

Edited by vanguard333

3 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Ike and Elincia. The two of them had a lot of chemistry in the NA Localization of Path of Radiance, and it honestly would've been one of the most organic romantic subplots I had ever seen in a video game if they had kept it in Radiant Dawn. 

YES. This is exactly why I love them and more. Not even all of the shippyness is due to localization, as things like the final cutscene in PoR exist in the Japanese version. And if that cutscene isn't shippy, I don't know what is. The localization just happened to add even more shippyness. RD also has Elincia's death quotes, which mention Ike more than anyone else, and I doubt that was all localization. One of them even has Elincia ask Ike to look after Crimea...and Geoffrey and Lucia are both present.

All these things, especially that PoR cutscene, made me love these two so much!

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

YES. This is exactly why I love them and more. Not even all of the shippyness is due to localization, as things like the final cutscene in PoR exist in the Japanese version. And if that cutscene isn't shippy, I don't know what is. The localization just happened to add even more shippyness. RD also has Elincia's death quotes, which mention Ike more than anyone else, and I doubt that was all localization. One of them even has Elincia ask Ike to look after Crimea...and Geoffrey and Lucia are both present.

All these things, especially that PoR cutscene, made me love these two so much!

Thanks. Yeah; I agree that there is still some chemistry between them even in stuff not unique to the localization. 

1 minute ago, vanguard333 said:

Thanks. Yeah; I agree that there is still some chemistry between them even in stuff not unique to the localization. 

Yeah, totally! At the very least, they should've gotten a platonic ending.

45 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Ok, this was worth a chuckle.

But hey, interesting fact. Nothing less than what I (should) expect from FftF.

The aircraft carrier plan was because of Britain's lack of them during the start of WWII, and specifically was a mixture of ice and sawdust (and got greenlit when Churchill put a chunk of it in his bathtub overnight and it didn't show signs of melting). The issue was that it was incredibly expensive and would've required many thousands of man hours in arctic conditions to gather the ice, so it got punted to the backburner where it melted alongside Germany's offensive war efforts.

I suppose to make an actual reply:

Everything that's canon or at least has basis in canon. With FE, that means the likes of Chrom/Sumia, Eliwood/Ninian, and Corrin/Azura.

To stray slightly from that, Robin/Cordelia-- which is based mostly on how I find their personalities to be similar as well as how they have kinda parallel relationships with Chrom/Sumia.

58 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Hide contents

M!Roblin and Cordelia. The two of them have quite a bit in common in juggling multiple skills without the two of them being too similar. Plus, their support conversations are among the better ones in Awakening. They don't mention Chrom at all, and they explore a part of Cordelia's character that doesn't get mentioned in any of her other support conversations: her time as part of the Ylissian Pegasus Knights and the reason she doesn't like being called a genius. It also has her process her grief and move forward, which is good. 

Yeah, that's pretty much why I like M!Robin x Cordelia. Also, Morgan and Severa best sibling combo, don't @ me

Seth X Eirika (simply cuz)

Scarlet X Ryoma (I so wish these two had a support, but after revelations bullshit I see why they don’t )

Tharja X Libra (For starts the priest and Dark Mage contrast is cool, plus the overall development Tharja and Libra get is outstanding)

Henry X Panne (Henry gets some development in terms of backstory, and there is a connection between them because of that)

FCorrin X Takumi (... I’m trash)

Kaden X Oboro (I love their support)

Reminder that this is for not just Fire Emblem, but media in general. Video games, anime, whatever.

Of course, it has been made aware that some don’t do that stuff outside of Fire Emblem, which may be what I am seeing right now.

Yu x Yukiko in Persona 4

Spoiler

The chemistry seems spot on. Both are considered the more intelligent members, (in particular regards to Anime!Yu) are also generally serious and even-headed with some silly/quirky streaks. On the other hand, it feels like Yukiko got her assertive moments inspired by Yu's independence (which I think is at least implied, if not made explicit, in Yukiko's Social Link), while Yu found comfort in Yukiko's relationship with her inn community, complementing their differences. (which isn't Word of God, but isn't ruled out at all either)

Minako x Junpei in Persona 3 (platonic)

Spoiler

I know fanon (including my own headcanon) likes to portray Minako as a happy-go-lucky girl, and I came across this opus of a genius.
tumblr_nm7u74Kiw41ra3h5lo1_r1_500.png

That's right. I can totally see Minako being the class clown of Gekkokan with Junpei. And I'd like to think Minako help cover Junpei's ass with schoolwork, while Junpei teaches Minako new ways to paint the school grounds with mischief. And other students acting bewildered at how Minako could be so smart and serious with schoolwork like Mitsuru yet also be silly with everything else like Junpei. The only thing stopping this from being romantic would be Chidori, really.

Other ships that I have:

• Ash x Serena - Pokemon XY anime
  • Lance x Diantha - Pokemon general
  • Link x Malon - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • Anju x Kafei - Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • Roy x Lilina - FE Binding Blade
  • Marth x Caeda - FE original
Edited by henrymidfields

48 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Yeah, that's pretty much why I like M!Robin x Cordelia. Also, Morgan and Severa best sibling combo, don't @ me

Agreed 1000%. Honestly I could go on for hours upon hours as to why I ship M!RobinxCordelia but to keep it brief it's because their relationship parallels with ChromxSumia in almost every conceivable way. For one The relationship between Chrom and Robin as well as the one between Cordelia and Sumia are very similiar where one is the gung ho acts on emotion type and the other is more pragmatic and level headed. They balance each other out so they each bond over the other. Chrom and Sumia just kinda being a little happy yet ditzy couple while Robin and Cordelia is a couple who is just big bundle of self-loathing and insecurities but are balanced out by their optimistic friends in Chrom and Sumia. This relationship also extends to their daughters. In this scenario the relationship between Severa and Lucina directly mirrors the one between their fathers. Lucina is super serious and acts more on emotion and gut feeling than she does practicality. Severa is more pragmatic while also being on the more layback side. She knows the importance of not overworking herself something which Lucina needs to know. They are excellent foils for each other made even more apparent by the fact that they each have bubbly little sisters they have to look after. Again I could go on for hours as to why I love this family so much but I'll just leave it at that for now.

I also ship SeveraxSubaki because it gives Severa the closure she oh so desperately needs.

As for ships in other media. Don't really have any I can think of atm.

Fire Emblem: 

- Tatiana and Camus, while Tatiana does not have much screen time to build on her character I really love this ship. And the changes it did to him.

- Bartre and Karla: wish they would have been not too lazy about the writing here. I loved their support.

- I admit that Camilla x Takumi was a no brainer for me, they somehow compensate each other perfectly well. xD

- Oboro and Benny was priceless

There are more of course...

Outside of Fire emblem:

Trails in the Sky: Sherazard and Olivert. Oh boy this ship is a dreadnought for me. I love the dynamic they have and I love both characters, Olivert is always fun but knows when to be serious. Same applies to Sherazard who shows being strong and knows her jokes.

Pokemon: Brock and Olivia, finally Brock has a chance. xD

Spice and Wolf: Lawrence and Holo also have a good dynamic which I just like.

Zelda: Link and Malon. I often like to ship link with other characters. Not in all games but in some. 

Edited by Stroud

Azelle x Tailtiu:

They are childhood friends which is always a plus but they nicely compliment each other. Azelle is shy and timid who might need Tailtiu egging him on and Tailtiu is bratty enough for Azelle to keep her in check. The contrast goes further because Azelle is secretly more detirmined then his wussy looks and demeanor implies while Tailtiu is more insecure than she lets on. 

Emil x Marta:

Its cute. It can be used for both comedy and serious stuff. Emil already has such a low view of himself and everyone else thinks so lowly of Emil that its good for  him to finally have someone who very publicly adores him. Like Azelle and Tailtiu the meekness of the male balances nicely with the attitude of the girl. 

Toon Link x Tetra:

I guess I really like the idea of Tetra keeping Link completely henpecked. It fits Toon Link's more comedic character. 

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, totally! At the very least, they should've gotten a platonic ending.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm currently writing a fantasy war novel where two of the main characters are a mercenary and a princess that end up together. Of course, in that same book, the mercenary becomes close friends with a mage, so half my book's fanbase will probably ship them instead no matter what I do to make it clear that they're only friends. 

19 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Toon Link x Tetra:

I guess I really like the idea of Tetra keeping Link completely henpecked. It fits Toon Link's more comedic character. 

Hilarious, and I agree about Toon Link and Tetra. 

21 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

If it makes you feel any better, I'm currently writing a fantasy war novel where two of the main characters are a mercenary and a princess that end up together. Of course, in that same book, the mercenary becomes close friends with a mage, so half my book's fanbase will probably ship them instead no matter what I do to make it clear that they're only friends.

Yeah, I totally get you there. My main FE fic has two guys who are very close friends much like Ike and Soren, but I bet some fans would ship them despite that I most definitely gave them female love interests. :/

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I totally get you there. My main FE fic has two guys who are very close friends much like Ike and Soren, but I bet some fans would ship them despite that I most definitely gave them female love interests. :/

Huh. Well, we can't control how people interpret what we write; the best we can do is make sure everything's clearly conveyed and well-written. 

1 hour ago, Stroud said:

- Tatiana and Camus, while Tatiana does not have much screen time to build on her character I really love this ship. And the changes it did to him.

I can't believe I forgot Zeke/Tatiana X(

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Azelle x Tailtiu:

They are childhood friends which is always a plus but they nicely compliment each other. Azelle is shy and timid who might need Tailtiu egging him on and Tailtiu is bratty enough for Azelle to keep her in check. The contrast goes further because Azelle is secretly more detirmined then his wussy looks and demeanor implies while Tailtiu is more insecure than she lets on. 

Pretty much. I am a sucker for childhood friend romance, and the dynamic between Azelle and Tailitiu complement each other nicely