Fire Emblem:

Tiki X Robin: I like that Tiki finally finds a guy after all that time to take a special place in her heart. I also find it a very amusing one because of their backgrounds.

Seliph X Tine: What I really love in this romance is how by the end of Tine's arc she herself has the power to tell Seliph that he doesn't need to be afraid and that she won't let what happened to Deirdre happen to her. 

Attack on Titan:

Eren X Historia: I really want this to happen. They might not have had a lot of interactions but I every single one of them they do have has always had a lot more chemistry than whenever Mikasa tries to be obsessive. I love how they both have moments where they've supported each other when no one else did.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I can't believe I forgot Zeke/Tatiana X(

Pretty much. I am a sucker for childhood friend romance, and the dynamic between Azelle and Tailitiu complement each other nicely

Their lack of supports is one of the biggest crimes in Fire Emblem. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I don't ship much outside of Fire Emblem, honestly. But here we go!

Genealogy of the Holy War:
-Azelle x Tailtiu
-Edain x Midir
-Brigid x Dew
-Claud x Silvia
-Ayra x Chulainn
I also totally believe the "Lachesis triangle with Finn and Beowolf" theory.

Binding Blade:
-Roy x Lilina
-Klein x Thea
-Rutger x Clarine
-Noah x Fir
-Sue x Shin
-Shanna x whichever of Roy's two starting cavaliers she supported with

Blazing Blade:
-Lyn x Rath
-Eliwood x Ninian
-Hector x Florina/Farina (I flip-flop between them)
-Nino x Jaffar
-Heath x Priscilla
-Wil x Rebecca
-Fiora x Kent/Sain (flip-flop)
-Oswin x Serra
-Isadora x Harken

Sacred Stones:
-Eirika x Seth
-Ephraim x Tana
-L'Arachel x Innes
-Joshua x Natasha
-Gerik x Tethys
-Colm x Neimi
-Franz x Amelia
-Gilliam x Syrene
-Artur x Lute
-Forde x Vanessa

Awakening:
-Chrom x Sumia
-Male Robin x Lucina
-Lissa x Vaike
-Frederick x Miriel
-Stahl x Cordelia
-Ricken x Maribelle
-Tharja x Libra
-Gregor x Nowi
-Donnel x Panne
-Olivia x Henry
I flip back and forth between Virion being with Sully and Cherche, with Cherche being with Virion and Lon'qu, and with Sully being with Virion and Kellam.
I don't really ship the kids together, I guess? Eh.

Each of these ships seems the most organic between the characters, at least to me. They feel natural, they don't feel forced. For that and for story purposes, these are the ships I like.

46 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Their lack of supports is one of the biggest crimes in Fire Emblem. 

If you want my opinion, Zeke should've had additional supports with Alm, Clive, and Mycen, and Tatiana should've had additional supports with Silque, Mathilda, and Forsyth.

My younger cousin is a huge shipping fan, and I sometimes make up crack ships to drive her up the walls. Not seriously, of course. We always joke around about this. (She even ships characters from my novel and short stories together).

The one that got her the most was Ike x Sanaki. Just THINK about the implications of that one and how little sense it would make for Ike's character. I still ship it, whether or not it's entirely ironical is up for debate though... *grins sheepishly*
My real Ike ships would probably involve either Mia or Lethe. Her favourite Ike ship is with Ilyana, funnily enough.

Other ships I would support:
Fire Emblem (mainly Awakening and Fates)
Robin x Nowi - ... What? Their supports are cute.
Corrin x Mozu - Again, a matter of adorable supports. They do have good chemistry, I find.
M!Morgan x Nah - This, in my humble opinion, is the best written romantic support in the entirety of Fire Emblem.
Owain x F!Morgan - These two are just adorable together, I feel.
Frederick x Cordelia - Somehow, I just though they make a good fit. Severa can also get Luna from this and considering her Japanese name and her alias in Fates...
Sully x Stahl - Generic, maybe. Fitting, definitely.
Kris x Katarina - I'm still mad they missed the opportunity to make this happen. Like, really! You had the opportunity to make something out of this potential romance plot and you ruined it, you fools!!!

Other games
Alto x Hilda (Stella Glow) - Because best girl be best girl (sorry, Lisette. You still have the best song, though.)
Protagonist x Mio (7th Dragon III) - Weird implications if you pick an older looking character and the fact that they're interchangeable aside, I find this relationship to be quite genuine by the end of the game. Definitely one of the better written romance subplots I know.
Arnice x Lillysse (Nights of Azure) - Shipping them might be cheating, because they're an official couple anyway, but I can't get over how well written their interactions, friendship and eventual love are. And before anyone asks: Yes, they're both girls.
Emil x Marta (Tales of Symphonia - Dawn of the New World) - Similar to the above, only that one of them is a guy. These two prove that video game romances can work if the writer just commits to them and doesn't leave the obvious threads hanging. They also shouldn't screw up the writing of the romance itself, of course; looking at you Tales of Hearts R. With that said...
Kor x Beryl (Tales of Hearts R) - These two had much better chemistry than the "main pairing", which felt incredibly forced in comparison. Maybe that's just me.

I don't have many super strong opinions when it comes to ships, but I do agree with almost every canon/pseudo canon ship.

The only one I disagree with is Alm X Celica.

Not because they don't have chemistry.

But because I don't like my boy Atlas being done dirty in the romance department.

Celica X Atlas all the way!

2 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Huh. Well, we can't control how people interpret what we write; the best we can do is make sure everything's clearly conveyed and well-written. 

Yeah, that's for certain.

Wow, surprised by the amount of M!Robin x Tiki fans, I also really like that pairing. The whole immortal thing plus that they're pretty much children of archnemesis dragon gods.

Oscar x Tanith, Roy x Cecilia, Eliwood x Ninian, Hector x Lyn, Ephraim x L'arachel, Henry x Olivia are pretty nice too.

Though the destruction of the USS Arizona was unfortunate (which is the understatement of the century and probably the next), it was the excuse necessary for America to join the war.

Oh, not those kinds of ships?  Uhhh. . .let's go with Lucius x Serra, just because Serra stops being obnoxious in the A support.  Yeah.

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Uhhh. . .let's go with Lucius x Serra, just because Serra stops being obnoxious in the A support.  Yeah.

That one came off BCFF- Best Celibate Friends Forever. 

Although SerraxHector also ends her obnoxious behavior, I don't why she and Hector can't wed. If the problem is the lack of a fourth female support for Eliwood, just tweak his Marcus support.

Gonna keep it limited to gaming.

Fire Emblem

• Roy x Lilina
  • Eliwood x Ninian
  • Alm x Celica
  • Laslow x Mozu

Xeno

• Fei x Elly (This is, what i consider to be, the best romance in all of gaming)
  • Shulk x Fiora
  • Rex x Pyra/Mythra
  • Zeke x Pandoria

Trails

• Rean x Alisa
  • Lloyd x Elie
  • Olivier x Scherazard

Hyperdimension Neptunia

• Nepgear x Uni

Shipping isn't something I delve deep into, but I'll admit that I occasionally play around with ideas. I'll go ahead and offer the ones I like.

Chrom and Olivia - No reason other than Inigo has the Brand of the Exalt in the opposite eye to Lucina, which is a really neat detail that I love.

Kliff and Linde - This one is a bit out there, but it's a theory ship that I think makes sense and could definitely be possible.

After thinking about it, would Jesse and Genny make sense at all? It's pretty out of left field, and I wouldn't expect anyone to agree with it, but it was something that came to mind as I was making this post.

Oh, Mae and Boey of course. The two have great chemistry and are very obviously into each other. Echoes makes it very clear they are each other's soul mate and because it shows plenty of them bickering like a couple, playfully teasing each other, goofing off and getting devastated when the other dies I'd say it came off very well.

5 hours ago, Lanko said:

Wow, surprised by the amount of M!Robin x Tiki fans, I also really like that pairing. The whole immortal thing plus that they're pretty much children of archnemesis dragon gods.

Oscar x Tanith, Roy x Cecilia, Eliwood x Ninian, Hector x Lyn, Ephraim x L'arachel, Henry x Olivia are pretty nice too.

I'm surprised that I'm not the only one who thought of Oscar and Tanith. 

13 hours ago, indigocean said:

After thinking about it, would Jesse and Genny make sense at all? It's pretty out of left field, and I wouldn't expect anyone to agree with it, but it was something that came to mind as I was making this post.

I mean, the ending says that her partner was unexpected, so...

Fire Emblem

Lyn x Mark
First Fire Emblem crush.

Eirika x Ephraim
You can say disgusting all you want, Ephraim, but we all know you are the reason Lyon sold his soul to the Demon King.

Awakening!Anna x M!Robin Me
My favorite ship because it involves me and best waifu. I love money! She loves money! Her sisters love money! WE ALL LOVE MONEY!!!

Lucina x M!Robin
She is strong and composed like a princess (well, she is a princess). She is also on a mission to save the world. Who does not want their F!Morgan to have a strong mom?

Azura x M!Corrin
She reminds me of Lucina with her strong, composed personality. She is also the only family member who sticks with you thick and thin (and I guess Elise too to a lesser extent).

Camilla x M!Corrin
I like doting onee chans.

Celica x Faye
Alm broke both their hearts, so screw Alm.

Alm x Celica x Faye
Emperor of Valentia needs a harem.

Sharena x Kiran x M!Corrin x M!Corrin
Super Bun Bun Pal here eat Blade mages for breakfast. She is adorable and cute and a total badass who can dish out a hell lot of whoopass.

Laegjarn x Laevatein
It is time to take sisterhood to the next level.

Laegjarn x Kiran
Best onee chan ever. Camilla is hot and all, but Laegjarn DIED for her little sister, which Camilla did the opposite of and tried to KILL me. Jeez, Camilla, I thought you were supposed to take my side and protect me!

Laevatein x Kiran
She is SO CUTE when she smiles! I just want to take her on all kinds of dates and let her explore herself and get her to come out of her shell.

Laegjarn x Laevatein x Kiran
I like my donburi hot.

Laegjarn x Gunnthrá x Kiran
Cause I'm hot then I'm cold just like that Katy Parry song.

Loki x Kiran
Story!Loki can go kill herself, but summoned!Loki is a good girl, albeit a bit naughty.

Reinhardt x Eldigan
Reinhardt x Xander
Reinhardt x Seth
Reinhardt x WOT!Reinhardt
Reinhardt is like one of my favorite units in Heroes. I like to ship him with sword ponies a lot for gameplay reasons and Nina.

Fjorm x Mordecai
Their Forging Bonds conversation was cute.

— — — — — — —

Advance Wars

Sasha x Colin
The Eirika x Eprhaim pairing of the Advance Wars world. This is also literally the power-of-money pairing. Your factories are baby making machines, flooding the map with tons of soldiers, and you still have money left over to field tanks and whatever else you need.

Colin x Kanbei
Kind of disturbing, but also kind of fun, although not really meta. Buy buy buy with Colin, and then smash smash smash with Kanbei!

Lin x Me
Best Advance Wars waifu. She is not very meta, but I like her story as she knows how cook up and serve a dish of ice cold revenge.

Tabitha x Me
She is basically Peri, but she has style and is like the best CO in Days of Ruin that is not broken.

Gage x Tasha
For y'all Fire Emblem folks, imagine Innes x Hinoka/Takumi. Gage is calm and cool like Innes and wields a big sniper rifle. Tasha is basically what Hinoka will look like in Advance Wars and she is a pilot like how Hinoka is a Pegasus Knight. Tasha also shares Takumi's Nohrian scum trait where Tasha directs her hatred at protagonist's faction, although she does come around eventually and join the good guys. As for why I want to pair them up, I want them to make a baby that innovates and takes Advance Wars to the next level by developing an indirect air unit; if you thought ranged fliers in Heroes are amazing, imagine how completely bonkers it will be to have a flying bomber with a battleship's cannons shelling away at distant enemies in Advance Wars.

— — — — — — —

Marvel

I try to make it vague, but this stuff still might be a bit spoilery, so go freaking watch Endgame first before you read the spoilers! It is an awesome movie.

Spoiler

Tony Stark x Pepper Potts
I feel like I want to cry, and I am not the only one, damn it.

Steve Rogers x Peggy Carter
Cap got a life. And dude! You made Sam like totally speechless and like made me a bit emotional too. I totally feel you, Sam.

Captain America x Iron Man
That bromance though.

Captain America x Thor
This is like the totally worthy badass couple. It's hammering time!

Drax x Mantis
One is emotionally stunted and one is all about emotions. I think it would be kind of funny.

Rocket x Goose
That would be kind of awesome.

Goose x Boots
My pussy is a girl too, so they probably will not be able to make any half-Flerken kittens, but if they can both still get pregnant or something, that will be pretty awesome.

Avenger's Theme x Anything
The soundtrack is so awesome that it goes with anything.

Thanos x Surtr
Scumbag of MCU, meet scumbag of FEH. MCU scumbag killed a green alien waifu, FEH scumbag killed a green mage pony waifu. They can literally and metaphorically go screw themselves.

— — — — — — —

Citrus

Mei x Yuzu
Best yuri couple EVER! I am glad they are finally able to put a ring on each other.

Himeko x Harumi
I am not sure what I am doing, but since they are each close confidents to one of the main heroines, I figured they would get along and support the main couple.

Sara x Nina
I am surprised they did not take their sisterhood to the next level.

Shou x Ume
Shou needs to go home more.

— — — — — — —

Others

Jacob x Bella
Jacob is cute, tanned, and muscular. Edward is undead, deathly pale, and malnourished. Jacob is so furry and huggable. I guess Edward is shiny though, so I will give him that. Bella did not even want to give Jacob to Renesmee at first even though she already had Edward. How greedy! She should be in like r/entitledparents.

Finn x Poe
An ex-stormtrooper being in a relationship with an X-Wing pilot sounds like a thousand times more interesting.

Rey x XRay
I want to name our daughter Gamma Rey. She also reminds me a lot of Lucina a bit and I find British accents to be super attractive and hot.

Lydia x Dragonborn
She is pretty awesome. She joins you pretty early and is there for you a lot. She is like your personal battle maid.

Lelouch x C.C. x Kallen x Kaguya x Shirley
Poor Shirley. I am including her in the harem since she deserves it.

Akari x Takaki
5 Centimeters per Second is sad as fuck. They NEED to be together!

King in the North x Mother of Dragons
Jon and Daenerys should restore the Targaryen dynasty.

Mikasa x Eren
I like how Mikasa is a total badass while Eren is kind of just fumbling around. I hate the live action movie though with its NTR theme.

Kerrigan x Raynor
He lost his girl thrice. The game may keep you two apart, but the fan fics will save you.

17 hours ago, eclipse said:

Though the destruction of the USS Arizona was unfortunate (which is the understatement of the century and probably the next), it was the excuse necessary for America to join the war.

For real ships, I guess I have to go with USS Iowa and her sisters. They are some of the oldest battleships still alive, although now retired as museum ships. They saw us through WWII to the Cold War. USS Iowa is in L.A., which is pretty neat, so I might pay her a visit if I go down SoCal.

USS Missouri got a starring role in the Battleship movie, although the movie is kind of cheesy. Iowa herself is in KanColle, and she looks freaking amazing; I like how her thigh high socks just scream "Murica" with red, white, and blue stripes.

If I have to ship ships, I guess I will ship Iowa with Yamato, the biggest battleship ever and Earth's first space battleship.

I like pretty much every canon ship in FE. There is a reason for them, I don't think they should be disregarded. 

I do like Atlas and Celica though.

I also like the idea of Jesse and Silque in terms of echoes ships.

I'm not super invested in any of the games that lets everyone get married to whoever, but I like Robin and Say'ri, Gaius and Mirabelle,  and Vaike and Sully.

In terms of GBA and the like I enjoy Fiora and Eliwood, as well as Heath and Priscilla. For FE8 I love Gerik and Tethys, but not much else.

But hands down my favorite couple is Fergus and Karin, they're the best. Giving second place as a tie between Raqueisis and Finn and Nanna and Leif.

Oh yeah, I should add Hrid x Sharena to my FE list since I created a fan kid for them (though I have yet to draw her) and I decided to ship them because they're my two favorite Heroes peeps. There's probably somewhat of an age gap between them, but I don't think it's anymore than like five years, maybe six. And Sharena looks 16-17 imo, so she's basically "legal."

On 5/1/2019 at 3:19 PM, Armagon said:

Shulk x Fiora

YES. Soulmates! Omg they're so cute and sweet and I could gush about them forever. Gotta love the opposites attract dynamic going on with their personalities.

On 5/1/2019 at 3:44 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh, Mae and Boey of course. The two have great chemistry and are very obviously into each other. Echoes makes it very clear they are each other's soul mate and because it shows plenty of them bickering like a couple, playfully teasing each other, goofing off and getting devastated when the other dies I'd say it came off very well.

Seconded. They also have a ton of kids according to the ending lol.

A few that haven't been mentioned:

LEGEND OF ZELDA

SS Link x Zelda

TP Link x Ashei

BotW Link x Zelda

Cawlin x Peatrice (the two broken hearts!)

POKEMON

Guzma x Plumeria (gangsta lovers, man)

Hau x Lillie

Gladion x Selene

Wes x Rui

Saturn x Mars

XENOBLADE

Gadolt x Sharla (give more love to the soldier boy, fandom!)

This is not including ships with OCs/fan characters.

Edited by Dragoncat

5 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Groose x Peatrice (the two broken hearts!)

Wait, I could swear you did Cawlin x Peatrice. Groose and Peatrice is my pairing. But both pairings are still broken heart pairings. Groose had unrequited love for Zelda, Peatrice for Link (if the player doesn't choose to have Link reciprocate her feelings that is), and Cawlin for Karane.

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wait, I could swear you did Cawlin x Peatrice. Groose and Peatrice is my pairing. But both pairings are still broken heart pairings. Groose had unrequited love for Zelda, Peatrice for Link (if the player doesn't choose to have Link reciprocate her feelings that is), and Cawlin for Karane.

OMG DERP. It was Cawlin. Brain fart.