What House do you plan to join?

Who are you going to join?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. What House will you pick?

• Black Eagles
    • Blue Lions
    • Golden Deer

I'm super happy Blue Lions is winning in a lot of fan polls all over the internet, as that's the one I think looks the best by far, too! I just like the idea of having another ephriam in an HD new FE game.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Eagles is in 3rd for me at the moment, but it's a harder race to call for the others. Ingrid, Lysithea and Marianne stand out as complete mysteries until we get at least one line of dialog from them, yet the first two are among my favorites from a design standpoint. The right (or wrong) personality/backstory could push the scales either way. So until I learn more about the women I'll lean Blue Lions on the basis of the men; I'd rank all of the lions over any of the bucks, apart from Claude.

I'll do all three "routes" eventually but my ranking as of now is.

Black Eagles ---> Golden Deers ----> Blue Lions

Edelgard has the best design so far of the lords for me, and the Black Eagles' students look super interesting.

Right now, at the moment, Blue Lions interests me the most, followed by Black Eagles and Golden Deer.

Aight, so here's my opinion on the houses as of now:
Black Eagles:
For the most part, Black Eagles is the most meh house for me personally. (please don't kill me) Edelgard seems cool, as does Petra and Casper, but they're held back by Hubert's Hubert-ness, Linhart's memeness, and Ferdenaind, Dorothea, and Bernedetta's mehness. They might grow on me but they just seem the most boring imo. On the bright side, I don't outright hate any design of the Black Eagles, even though Linhart looks the way he does.
Blue Lions:
Very hit-or-miss. Mercedes and Sylvan seem to be absolutely amazing and Dimitri looks to be an interesting lord, but that's it. Ash and Ingrid are meh mysterious that don't particularly interest me, Felix seems to be boring (which sucks cause I love his hair), Dedu/Dudu/other guy seems dull, and Annette is a hard no for me. So all in all, I love some things about the Blue Lions but absolutely hate other things. (cough cough Annette cough cough) 
Golden Deer:
As of right now, Golden Deer look to be the most interesting house imo, I love the idea of a house filled mostly with commoners. Hilda's obviously a best girl, Claude is the most interesting of the 3 lords to me personalty, and Raphael is.... well, Raphael. The only down sides of Golden Deer are Lorenz and Ignace's awful hair. Marianne and Lysthetia are complete mysterious but at the very least, they have nice designs. Leonie has potential and while at first I didn't like her design, it grew on me over time.(Also I stg if the rest of Golden Deer aren't commoners Ima scream. The only confirmed commoners we have are from the other two houses and the appeal of Golden Deer is that they have a lot of commoners. If "a lot" means 2 or 3 then I'm out. Sorry Hilda, I promise I'll see all your supports one day!)

So overall, I'll most likely pick Golden Deer for my first playthrough, then Black Eagles, then Blue Lions. Of course, this is all subject to change. Either way, I'll play each path at least once. (I need to see my babies i.e. Petra, Casper, Mercedes, Sylvain, Hilda, and Claude)

2 hours ago, Bow, peasant said:

(Also I stg if the rest of Golden Deer aren't commoners Ima scream. The only confirmed commoners we have are from the other two houses and the appeal of Golden Deer is that they have a lot of commoners. If "a lot" means 2 or 3 then I'm out.

I think they will be having 4 Commoners and 4 Nobles since the Leicester Alliance flag has 4 crests on it which implies 4 noble families. There is always a chance that their will be 2 nobles who are family and therefore share the same crest so it might end up being 3 Commoners and 5 nobles. So yeah the house full of Commoners will have 4 at most and possibly 3.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m probably going with Golden Deer, which is weird, because Claude was my least favorite at first… I thought he was going to be this sort of non-serious arrogant kind of character, but now that we know he apparently has a serious side, he’s become the most interesting. I also like Leicester for not having a king.

But it’s a tie for units with Black Eagles for me. In my head it looks something like this:

Golden Deer:

Raphael +5

Lysithea +5

Lorenz -5

Black Eagles:

Bernadetta +5

Petra +5

Dorothea +5

Dorothea’s hat +10

Dorothea looses hat upon promotion -15

So probably Golden Deer, but I still might change my mind with more information.

9 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

As a completionist, I would pick the least popular house because the other two are two mainstream.

That was my idea when everybody started to shake their heads at Dimitri; look at us now eh.

20 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

That was my idea when everybody started to shake their heads at Dimitri; look at us now eh.

Isn't it strange that this forum would choose the "most unpopular" house?

On 5/22/2019 at 11:04 PM, Quiyonce said:

I'm completely dedicated to Claude but I think Blue Lions has my fav supporting cast and they're trying their damnedest to tempt me away.

I've never seen something so entirely accurate. Why can't all the kids from Blue Lions be with Claude?? Am I asking too much?

23 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I'm not some kind of Flake that would change their mind over the course of a few months but I will say I'm getting pretty jealous of the kids Blue Lions gets. 

Hahaha, I'm the flake. I'm 100% the flake. I really think I'm going Blue Lions now, I'm SORRY CLAUDE! I'll keep you as my badge icon, but I'm sorry. 

I feel like the case with most people picking Blue Lions is because of the other students. I still see Dimitri get a lot of flak actually and being ranked the worst of the main three (Meanwhile I've been loyal to Blue Lions since day 1)

I said from the beginning I would go for whichever house seemed least interesting to me and give them a chance to surprise me. At the beginning, when we only knew the leaders, this was Dimitri.

Now that we have over half of the profiles so far, I'm picking the Golden Deer. As they are, outside of Claude, easily the least interesting four reveals so far at face value.

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I might be one of the only people picking Blue Lions at least partially because of Dimitri; he interests me so much!!

Same tbh. At first I leaned Dimitri cause he was the under dog but since hearing he’s like the most naive if the trio, despite the fact he looks more like an Ephraim type, has me interested

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I might be one of the only people picking Blue Lions at least partially because of Dimitri; he interests me so much!!

Personally i like Dimitri way more then Claude, personality wise, Claude comes across as a Two-Faced asshole, to me atleast. I like the chivalry and general sense of honor Dimitri seams to have. And he's modest too!

GD does have more interesting characters Backround and personality wise, unlike BL so far ,imo.( Except Mercie, Noble turned Commoner sounds intriging, But SHE is from Adrastia so...Black Eagles keep on wining even in a different house!)

BUT i will probably still play Blue Liones second as F.Byleth, after my Black Eagles M.Byleth run.

My first choice was Golden Deer, then it became Blue Lions for some time because I feel like it has the overall most likable cast.

But then I look at Golden Deer and Claude + Hilda intrigue me the most, so I'm probably going back to Golden Deer. I also like how ragtag Golden Deer looks as well.