1. 1. What House will you pick?

• Black Eagles
    • Blue Lions
    • Golden Deer

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still undecided between Black Eagles and Golden Deer. Mainly because both Edelgard and Claude are appealing so far. Dimitri...not so much. He just hasn't stood out quite the same way to me, I guess.

I do like magic, so with the current information available, I'm leaning towards the Black Eagles. Golden Deer has become a worthy contender for my first choice though. 

Black Eagles is definitely my first pick. From all the houses I like these character designs the best. Edelgard looks cool and they have imo the only "husbando-material" Ferdinand. Romance or not, I just need someone pleasing to the eyes. Also, I think Hubert looks interesting.

Then I will probably start parallel playthroughs because I will take my time anyways. Dimitri is 2nd and Claude 3rd. As of now I do not have much interest in these two groups. 

Anything can change, but Edelgard will likely stay my first choice.

well, given that axes are for degenerates and edelgard comes across as about as interesting as a soggy bowl of cereal, I will pass on black eagles 

dimitri seems like he may have some interesting characterisation, so I may go for blue lions

claude is ok designwise, but I am not a fan of giving archers range 1-2, so, um, free space

leaning blue lions frankly

Now that I've given it more thought I think I'll go with the Blue Lions, Dimitri will be my first play through (if that's how it works).

Edited by TheDreamReturns

I will play all three eventually, but my first choice is between Blue Lions and Black Eagles. I like all three main characters (no generic sword users except the player avatar, woo!) so I can't go wrong with any of them. I actually don't have a favorite Lord character yet. I thought it was going to be Edelgard (only girl, hopefully important) but until I play the game, I dunno.

Blue Lions: Dimitri needs love! His House currently has some of my favorite character designs (Sylvain, Mercedes, Ashe).

Black Eagles: Edelgard is awesome! A few designs I don't care for (Petra) but solid.

Golden Deer: Bow boy Claude woo! The designs for the others are okay. A few I really like (Lysithea and Marianne).

Edited by PrincessAlyson

Basing solely on character designs, probably Blue Lions. I pretty much like all the characters' designs in the house. Annette is a bit forgettable but is inoffensive.

I don't think any of the Black Eagles characters except for Edelgard/Caspar/Petra look that good.

Golden Deer got some pretty good character designs (Claude, Marianne) but unfortunately also some of the worst/boring looking characters to ever grace the Fire Emblem series so far (I mean...we all know who I'm referring to right..?). 

I'll make my final decision based on the personalities of the lords though and right now Dimitri seems more interesting than Edelgard. 

Edited by zuibangde

Black Eagles.

I like their design. I also want to see how Edelgard is handled. But I'll play all the routes eventually if it has enough variety. 

Guest Tobias

Black Eagles, it's got Edelgard, Dorothea and Petra one of the best and popular girls which I also like so definitely first playthrough for me!

Blue Lions offers Mercedes another popular fan favorite and that blonde lance girl love blonde waifus 2nd! Also knights are cool!

Golden Deer all the girls are great but only half the guys are good being Claude and Raphael(at least he looks good for what I'm sure he's intended to be) 3rd!

I gotta go Blue Lions for totally legitimate reasons named Sylvain.

I mean look at this boy, he's great!

But for real, I like Dimitri's design and description the most. I like the idea of a lot of good physical units rather than many mages, and I, in general, think Edelgard looks really boring.

Sylvain_headshot.png

Golden Deer.

Claude Gang!

Raphiel Gang!

Lorentz Gang!

Just me?

Edited by Tuvy

I'm open to playing any of them first, I'll most likely make my final decision in the moment rather than locking myself into a path based on pre-release predictions. But if I had to choose one now I'd say the Blue Lions, not for any particular reason, I'm just gravitating towards them right now.

Blue Lions, because they currently win in the design department. I also like the short description we got for Dimitri. Colour me intrigued.

Guest LSM

My original impulse was Blue Lions, but I feel like I'm coming around on Golden Deer and Black Eagles. (It's nice being in a place of enjoying all the content!) I think... I'm going to try giving a grade to all the portraits. Maybe that will help me decide:

S

• Claude: Best lord. Great style, and a laid back, exotic attractiveness. 
  • Sylvain: Seems a little dandy-ish in his effected disheveledness. Good dude.
  • Petra: I love the purple, and the style. (What's the bit under the eye?) Has a highly-competent, tough-but-graceful look.
  • ??? (blonde): Very professional, and very pretty.
  • ??? (white-hair): Unique look. Like to see people with darker skin, and I tend to like the big guys.

A

• Lysithea: Bit of mischievousness in that face. Pretty, but not enough to push her higher.
  • Edelgard: Edie's got a a very striking visual with a lot of bold colour.
  • Bernadetta: Strikes me as an "Arya" type design. Grumpy little sister.
  • Raphael: The buttons straining his shirt completes his giant farm-boy look. An interesting face.
  • Caspar: Looks like a little aqua-coloured ball of energy. Has a certain deviousness to him.
  • Felix: A bit of eastern flair is cool, and sword-user appropriate.

B

• Marianne: Pretty, unique, but mixed feelings due to perceived meekness.
  • Linhardt: Has a androgynous look which is interesting. (I'm still not convinced that he's not actually a woman who dresses masculinely.)
  • Leonie: Pixie cut gives her an air of spunkiness.
  • Ashe: Friendly kid. Solid design, but not too compelling.
  • Mercedes: Very serene and pleasant look. But "nice" only gets you so far.

C

• Dorothea: Comes off as a pretty, trendy young woman. For better and worse.
  • Dimitri: Never thought his hair looked bad, but still the blandest of the three Lords. 
  • Ferdinand: Nothing wrong with him, but a bit of a cut-rate Sylvain. Wish his hair was green.
  • Annette: The character that is the most middle-of-the-road for me.
  • Hilda: I think Mae (SoV) did this look a lot better.
  • Lorentz: The derpy haircut, thin face, and pinned rose are masterful at portraying haughtiness. But is that a positive?

D

• Ignace: Comes off as an annoying know-it-all to me.
  • Hubert: Looks like a smarmy jerk to me.

So Black Eagles end up with a lot of characters pretty high up, with a couple being more middling.

Blue Lions have a bunch of top end designs, and no-one I dislike. But by far the least compelling Lord.

Golden Deer have the best Lord, and some solid people. But they also have three of my least preferred.

At the end of the day, I guess I won't know how much I actually like a house until I get to experience their characters' personalities. After all, Rinkah is by far my favourite design in Fates but she turned out to be a little on the boring side. 

Guest Yt?

Blue Lions first Mercedes and Blonde girl take the cake for me I hope the females even out on that side. Sylvain is looking to be best non male MC/male house leader looking guy by far! 

Sad I gotta wait on Hilda, Leonie and Lysithea since I'm doing Black Eagles after.

Personally I will be joining Blue Lions. It was between them and Black Eagles but I prefer the characters in Blue Lions (visually wise) more. I'll probably play through every House once and then I'll be able to tell which is my favourite. But so far it's Blue Lions.

(I mean have you seen Sylvain? ?)

Edited by Lemon Mystery