FE6 Reverse Recruitment

ltranc

The old patch by Paper Blade had some weird stuff (Dieck - Fae - Zeiss triangle) and was just kind of ugly with messed up palettes.  So I went ahead and made a new patch.  Hard Mode is unlocked from the start.  Patch with an unedited Japanese FE6 rom.  

Here is the changelog.

Here is the patch with Karel promoting just like Roy

Here is the patch with Karel promoting like any other Myrmidon, with a Hero Crest, and the promotion event does not exist

If Karel is rescued by a flying unit in Chapter 13 and that flying unit is above a body of water, then the Melady replacement's recruitment will not work.  Let me know of any other errors.

You know, I haven't played Paper Blade's patch, but I am currently watching Mekkkah and Mangs play through it. I'm excited to try this one, though, it seems pretty neat, and I'm on a big FE6 kick lately.

That being said, I am curious. Why did you decide to keep the bard train in?

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

That being said, I am curious. Why did you decide to keep the bard train in?

It just happens like that with the recruitment order.  What would I do instead, ignore one route?  Make Elffin a combat Bard?

3 minutes ago, ltranc said:

It just happens like that with the recruitment order.  What would I do instead, ignore one route?  Make Elffin a combat Bard?

Perhaps just exclude the bards from recruitment rearrangement, which is what I was thinking would be the best solution for preventing bard trains.

• 1 year later...

Sick patch. Fun while it lasted for sure. It really was entertaining trying to feed Karel kills when there is a Jeigan in the early game that one rounded everything he touches in the early game.

It also really made me start thinking how the base game has a lot of units that just join with underwhelming stats for their join time. Pretty much every character in this patch is viable in some sort and can contribute a bit in their joining chapter. While you could make the argument it also applies to the base game, I feel like it's easier to justify bringing slightly less optimal units compared to the original. For me personally, I always used Sue on hard mode even though Sin exists because she is a unit I can train that provides something interesting right out the gate; girl with a bow on a horse. By the point in time she joins there really isn't anyone worth training up anymore that takes investment: Alance is probably close to level 10, and so is Shanna if you've been feeding her kills every now and again. Most of the unpromoted units in this.. hack.. are viable and don't require too much special treatment to get going. This is especially relevant with the mid-late game prepromotes, as pretty much every single one of them are good, which is hard to say in the base game. 

Sucks I can't go to Sacae without training Bartre or Gwendolyn though. Sacae sounds way more tolerable and fun when you have a lord that is actually not benchworty, and those shitty pegasus knights can't compare to the chad nomads on the plains.