Why do people hate armor knights in this game?

Baron's in this game are weak for the same reasons they've normally been: bad move, bad res, and bad speed. In this game, their low movement especially sticks out because of how much worse it is than other classes when fully promoted. Its not too bad in the mid-game since most other mid-tier classes only have slightly better movement, but its especially noticeable near the endgame. While Sages and priestesses have similarly awful movement, at least they have incredibly powerful attacks, consistently 1-2 range, and healing. 

Despite the class being a bit weak, they still have their uses as tanks, specifically in the mid-game. Lukas and forsyth when promoted to armor knights are able to survive multiple engagements and are good at softening up enemies with their high attack / Ridersbane. Warp support also helps them get to the frontlines pretty easily. 

The Armor Knight class in this game honestly isn't too bad since their tanking prowess is so much better than other mid-tier Melee classes. Its mainly their final promotion that sucks since it doesn't help them in any meaningful way.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally get a use out of knights on Alm's path, but then again I employee strategies where they get to see some action, such as starting them out near the front lines when the level begins and always moving them forward instead of leaving them in one spot. It helps that the enemy often comes to them instead of vice versa. Then again, I prefer a unit having high defense over high avoid, and I enjoy using knights in other games, so I know I'm kind of unique here.

On Celica's path, though, the terrain just isn't friendly to knights, and I use the villager fork to get a use out of Valbar as soon as possible. Don't care if making him a mercenary makes him overpowered, I'd rather Valbar wreck the enemies with ease than spend most of the battle trudging through a swamp or desert.