Will there be a new trailer at the FE Expo?

Guest Lae

Since its golden week I wouldn't expect any new Famitsu scans until the middle of next week or next following week where everything's back to normal. For the expo I honestly don't know if they'll make a surprise trailer there especially when it won't be stream to my knowledge.

13 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I really doubt the idea of a new trailer, especially given the fact that the event is Japanese exclusive. 

You'd think Nintendo would want any trailers to reach a wider audience.

Always possible they could upload an English version of whatever Three Houses footage is shown at the Expo. 

Doubt a full trailer but I could be surprised. The expo is planned to take place after the release of Three Houses but TH got delayed twice and Three Houses is now ending up to be released after the expo. They probably finalised what they’ll show since last year and won’t account for the game being delayed. 

The expo seems to be taking shape to be a celebration of past games and hyping Three Houses in this event is a bit out of place as it will take the spotlight away.  I’d expect some minor tidbits or info about the Lords of TH but not info that is groundbreaking. 

Everyone seems to think we won't but I'm going to hold onto hope and go with yes. It's been almost, but not quite, three months since the last trailer and with the game releasing in a little over two months they have to start showing us the plot at some point. Hell if we take Fates's promotion into account it had three trailers before debuting at E3: the announcement trailer, the Choose Your Path trailer, and a trailer showing off My Castle. We've already gotten the announcement trailer and the trailer from February already showed off the school, similar to the My Castle trailer, so a trailer at the FE Expo doesn't even have to be long or include too much. Maybe, say, 30 seconds of gameplay and a minute of plot. Not enough to spoil the plot, but enough to give us an idea of what the plot could be.

Maybe, but probably best to not expect much. Also have to consider the possibility they do show something there but it may not be uploaded for the rest of us to see immediately. Conventions and live events still often have exclusive or timed exclusive trailers like that to reward attendees and make their experience feel worth the price.

Guest Tobi

Well then if there's something even if it's small we'll see Saturday or Sunday at the earliest since no way we won't find out any details soon after even when it won't be streamed.

Perhaps not a trailer, but what with them hiring an Edelgard cosplayer for a meet 'n' greet or whatever they called it, it'd be odd if we didn't get something. This and E3 are the major events left before the game releases, and I would assume they'd want something spicy to show during an expo all about Fire Emblem. 

As much as I want a new trailer I don’t think we’ll get one. We will have to wait until E3 next month. Maybe twitter will continue to introduce the classmates next but I suppose we will have to wait until the next Famitsu article...

7 hours ago, Thane said:

Perhaps not a trailer, but what with them hiring an Edelgard cosplayer for a meet 'n' greet or whatever they called it, it'd be odd if we didn't get something. This and E3 are the major events left before the game releases, and I would assume they'd want something spicy to show during an expo all about Fire Emblem. 

Yeah, if there is anywhere where we will get info., it is E3.

They did it with Fates shortly before the Japanese release, so they’ll do it then.

Then again, I don’t remember us getting anything major aside from a first hearing of the English cast, something we already have with Three Houses.

I don't know if we'd get a new trailer or not. It feels like it'd be a huge missed opportunity to not have anything on the new game. But there probably won't be anything big. Maybe there'll be artwork of some of the new characters on a poster or something? We'll know tomorrow. And we might get new info from famitsu next Wednesday.

I'll be optimistic and say yes, we will. But we don't know.

I guess they could show some of the famitsu news in action, but frankly, we're long overdue for a story-centric trailer, so, maybe that instead?

Yeah probably not but something small? possible the fact that it won't be streamed makes it more unlikely to me we'll see tomorrow.

Update: looks like I was right

Not that it really matters since famitsu will be starting back up after golden week is done and official jp Twitter is still bringing stuff!

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master
Updated comment from recent news regarding topic