Defend chapters and tactics rank

Draly

Hi !

I just finished my ranked run of HHM and I was pretty confused when I saw that I failed the tactics requirement by 3 turns when I "should" have had 2 turns to spare. The problem lies in the way turns are counted in defend chapters. It seems (https://serenesforest.net/blazing-sword/miscellaneous/rankings/tables/) the game will count an additional unless you defeat the boss, but mine still counted 8 for ch13x, 8 for ch15, 16 for ch28 and 12 for ch31 even though I killed Puzon, Sealen, Ursula and Denning. It also counted 6 for ch31x, but I did not know what to expect with this one.

Does anyone know if the "defeat the boss" clause is actually true ? Does it only apply to maps where deafeating the boss also ends the chapter ? Is the ranking system somehow different in european versions of the game ?

Here are some pictures  as a token of good faith.

20190504_232331.jpg

turn count 1.png

turn count 2.png

For example, if the victory condition is to survive 11 turns (or defeat the boss), the game will count 12 turns if you wait out Turn 11. However if, during Turn 11, you defeat the boss during the player (or enemy) phase, it won’t count the extra turn.

Emphasis mine. If the victory condition does not include defeating the boss, this doesn't apply, and you will spend 12 turns on that chapter no matter what.

There are more survival chapters where it doesn't apply (4L, 13x, 15H, 24E/26H, 26E/28H, 29E/31H, and 29xE/31xH) than where it does (17E/18H, 21E/22H).

Edited by Paper Jam