Any ''RNG screwed'' stories?

The Title is pretty self-explanatory, I guess. But anyway, I'm just having a really bad RNG-Day and was curious about other people bad RNG-Days. So, any stories you want to share?

(Btw, it doesn't need to be from Fire Emblem)

When I tried to make a good FE7 Lyn Mode file to launch a Hard Mode run from, I decided to give Florina seven levels of exp in hopes that she might be decent at fighting. I knew the reasons why this was a bad idea going in - her base stats are garbage, her growths aren't notably good, her con is low, and she's very frail, but FE7 has always proven to accommodate investment into bad units in my experience. Not this time, she didn't level strength once. Even in the rare case she managed to overcome the 9 points of speed penalty, a steel lance double just wasn't strong enough to one round anything. 

. . .this still doesn't belong in Entertainment.

Biggest RNG screwage as of late is my ability to NOT pull banner characters.  Whiffed on Gallia, then whiffed on the picnic banner (Heroes).

Edited by eclipse

11 hours ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

The Title is pretty self-explanatory, I guess. But anyway, I'm just having a really bad RNG-Day and was curious about other people bad RNG-Days. So, any stories you want to share?

(Btw, it doesn't need to be from Fire Emblem)

last time i had some really bad rng moments was when i was trying to recruit Jamka in FE4, because he was critting on my units like a mad man most of the time. probably one of the worst recruitment scenarios i've faced so far in a FE game.

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

. . .this still doesn't belong in Entertainment.

Again? I really need to get more information about how every Forum/Subforum works, guess I'm going to explore Rules section.

The 3 month grind to get the RNG right for my speedrun of The Prestige

The 4 month grind to get the RNG right for my speedrun of Scent of a Rival

The Boss AI in Sleepless Hollow putting an hour and a half in jeapordy three times in a row.

The Sniper Snail's and the Slimy Slug's putting 2 hours at risk in Kid Mystic. Granted it's 1/2 their movement and 1/2 the camera not being able to handle scrolling after my charather.

The Bats in Robot Wants Fishy. I'm 1st, but I route an intentional time loss to get power ups in a different order just so the split of the bat area can be as short as possible.

Opening chests in Wizardry 6 - The first time I played I just accepted that you would lose 2-4 party members every time. Don't use pure magic users instead of hybirds

Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim - For me the ultimate nightmare of RNG is trying to beat this game fast. Random map generation, random hero AI, random fight or flight morale checks, random to-hit accuracy, random damage ranges (and a dragon's 2-40 damage is pretty damn important), random monster spawning to attack the palace and override the Hero AI once I've finally gotten them to do the correct thing, random "scenery" object slowing down pathing, and a few special cases of random enemy surrender conditions (Fortress of Ixmil and The Siege)

I'm working on a new speedrun rn

Whenever I'm looking for a really specific item that's really rare, I can almost never find it, and it'll end up taking me up to 2+ hours to find it. Yet when I'm not looking for anything and just going about my business, it'll just happen to show up. I can't think of any specific instances other than trying to get good early-game gear or collectibles in Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Heroes screws me over on a daily basis, but that shouldn't be a surprise. Minecraft not giving me good world seeds is another one.

Back in the day when Kubrows were first introduced into Warframe, the drop rate for Kubrow eggs was abysmal. Now, getting a Kubrow was mandatory for progressing through the game, and I had been playing for quite some time before the BIG update that changed the game (u7), but fell off the bandwagon for a bit. U14 comes along, introduces Kubrows with a questline for them that, as mentioned previously, was MANDATORY TO PROGRESS PAST EARTH. 

I grinding one mission nonstop for two weeks grinding for this egg. Two weeks. Now, I ended up quitting the game in 2015 for a bit due to this, (second hiatus from warframe, first one was 2014-late 2015) and didn't re-install until sometime in mid-late 2016, and you know what? I immediately got a kubrow egg. Right off the bat. 

Another RNG screwed thing in Warframe is farming for Ivara. It took me a month until I caved and just bought her outright. You have to farm specific tiers of spy missions for each part, and they have a small chance of dropping after you complete each obj on a spy mission. each frame has 4 parts, and the missions got increasingly harder as time went on. Screw that farming bros

This sad story...

Remember to leave a like, comment and subscribe. Also share this video to others and click on the notification bell.

In my most recent Revelation file, I finally decided to make Sakura a falcon Knight, which is something I’ve wanted to try for a while. Problem was, she didn’t have the best strength stat, so I had to grind her a bit to get it up.

During this process, Kaze was my go-to guy for chipping down enemies for her to kill. And during this process, he would crit every single enemy he tried to chip for her. He usually had a 13% chance, roughly, but that doesn’t explain how he would land one very single time. He couldn’t do any damage with bronze shurikens, so that was out of the question. When I found an enemy that he couldn’t kill even if he crit twice, he procced lethality. (Roughly 8% chance). To make matters worse, if I managed to have Kaze not kill, Sakura would miss the killing blow. I had her miss hit chances ranging from 80-93%.

To be fair, when she did occasionally land a kill, after a long and gruelling process of training her, she levelled strength every time. But after a few level ups, this curse vanished, replaced by a different one: now she couldn’t level up strength.

Eventually, it got so bad I just relegated her to pair up duty for my Corrin (they were married, but I kinda wanted her to stand on her own two feet, and besides, Corrin didn’t need the help). At least I got to try her as a falcon Knight.

Sakura must be the most RNG-Screwed unit in Fates.

I don't have one as extreme as yours but in my first run of Revelations (which I used every single one of the characters) I had my Sakura promoting at Level 20 with nothing more, nothing less than +0 Speed, +3 Luck and a +10 Def (capping) (thank the gods of RNG that at least she ended up with good Mag, Str and Skl).