FE6 with Alternate Promotions

ltranc

No, I didn't manage to get branching promotions in FE6.  The gimmick of this is that every class promotes into the alternate option provided in FE8.  Cavaliers and Knights to Great Knight, Mercenary and Archer to Ranger, and so on.  All promoted units and enemies are also affected by this.  Consequently, this means that Paladin, General, Swordmaster, Berserker, Falcon Knight, Wyvern Lord, Bishop, and Druid no longer exists.  This change also affects every promoted unit and enemy.  

Some additional class changes include:

• Classes have their FE8 base weapon ranks, but Ranger has C Bows and Warrior has D Bows.
  • Assassin is basically just more offensive oriented Swordmaster with less bulk.  No Silencer and no Lockpicks.  They get the critical boost.  New caps have been made.
  • Rogue does not have Pick, it's basically just a thief promotion without anything else special.  New caps have been made.  Thieves promote with a Hero Crest.
  • Warrior has Berserker movement.
  • Nomad Trooper basically becomes Silver Knight, gets D Lances..  Slight base stat changes.
  • Druid gets D Anima and Staves and has a new name.  Slight base stat changes because I don't know how to put Summoning in FE6.
  • Roy promotes to Knight Lord with 9 movement, C Lances, and much better promotion bonuses.

Ranger Ballista animations are also really glitchy but there's not really anything I can do about it.

Link to credit for animations, map sprites, and class cards used is here.

Here is the link to the patch.

Link to patch with HM bonuses for Douglas, Hugh, and Raigh.

Patch over a Japanese FE6 Rom.

Let me know of any errors and/or if I missed anything.

Edited by ltranc