FE16 VA Discussion

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope Zach Aguilar gets patched in to Three Houses after all this. He does a really great job in FEH. Its just sad that some of my favourite characters, Therion, Reigan and Dezel- are voiced by Chris. I still like their voices. I guess I'll just try to think of them as characters with a voice separate from the VA. 

2 hours ago, Wanderer-Of-Fates said:

I really hope Zach Aguilar gets patched in to Three Houses after all this. He does a really great job in FEH. Its just sad that some of my favourite characters, Therion, Reigan and Dezel- are voiced by Chris. I still like their voices. I guess I'll just try to think of them as characters with a voice separate from the VA. 

He probably will. If Nintendo doesn't want Chris in Heroes, then I doubt they'll want him associated with their shiny new release.

And yeah, it's best to separate art from artist. Even with all the things against Vic, I still enjoy listening to Edward Elric.

9 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Byleth is silent in Three Houses though, probably doesn't have all that much more than Heroes.

From what I've played so far (which is admittedly not much), I'd guess Byleth still has more voice lines than in Heroes.

6 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

He probably will. If Nintendo doesn't want Chris in Heroes, then I doubt they'll want him associated with their shiny new release.

And yeah, it's best to separate art from artist. Even with all the things against Vic, I still enjoy listening to Edward Elric.

Good point, that makes a lot of sense. I guess it will probably just take a little bit longer to record all the lines compared to FEH.

Exactly yeah, I try to consider them as different things. Probably a lot harder with live action actors and others though.

2 hours ago, NoirCore said:

From what I've played so far (which is admittedly not much), I'd guess Byleth still has more voice lines than in Heroes.

Hmm, I wouldn't be so sure.

Outside of combat, Byleth pretty much has no voiced parts whatsoever.  I estimate, apart from efforts (what VA's call grunts and the like), Byleth has maybe 20 lines - each of them is either during a round of combat (critical cut-ins, enemy defeat quotes, all that) or upon leveling up/gaining bonuses (like combat arts or skills).  In FEH, each character gets roughly around that many voiced lines.

Anyway, this article states Nintendo's intention is to re-record the voiced lines of Byleth in 3H as well as in Heroes.  Don't know how credible it is - I personally would wait until other sources confirm - but I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

12 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

Today might be the last day we can do these! As we all know by now...

I'm glad to know who the voice of Ferdinand is, I've actually taken quite a liking to the prideful noble.

It's official: Nintendo is canning Niosi in both Heroes and Three Houses. Expect a future patch for Three Houses.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/340993-nintendo-confirms-removal-of-chris-niosi-as-the-voice-actor-for-f

Includes a statement from NOA themselves.

“After assessing the situation, we decided to re-record the character’s voiceovers in Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Fire Emblem Heroes with another actor. The new voiceovers will be included in a future patch.”

Well, good for Nintendo on addressing it rather than just letting it slide (either due to the NDA or the other nasty stuff).

Spoiler

Now if they could patch in to fix the mlm support options maybe I'd be less salty

But I digress.

Meh, I actually liked Niosi's voice for male Byleth and I don't care for the new one as much. But that's probably because I like deep male voices and Niosi was deeper. But of course, I definitely understand why he's been replaced.

45 minutes ago, BZL8 said:

It's official: Nintendo is canning Niosi in both Heroes and Three Houses. Expect a future patch for Three Houses.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/340993-nintendo-confirms-removal-of-chris-niosi-as-the-voice-actor-for-f

I had a feeling they would SOMETHING, but they jumped on doing this rather quickly! It does help that Byleth already doesn't speak a whole lot as is.

I imagine this will also be with the new difficulty update though...or sooner. Who knows.

...Not gonna lie, this whole thing is rather bittersweet for me. I knew Chris Niosi due to Brawl Taunts and T.O.M.E years ago, which was kinda important to me growing up. He's gotten quite far in life and while I wish I could be proud of Chris for accomplishing so much...I can't.

He brought this on himself. Whether or not his apology was genuine or full of crap, he has to live with the consequences.  I just...wish things were different. Not sure if he'll turn over a new leaf or not, but at the very least...people will be happy they won't have to deal with him much...both as a person and voice.

Edited by Busterman64

2 hours ago, BZL8 said:

Byleth: Sothis ACT 3!

Sothis: Yes Master lets kill da hoe! Beeeeeaaaccchhhhh!

1 hour ago, User name said:

Byleth: Sothis ACT 3!

Sothis: Yes Master lets kill da hoe! Beeeeeaaaccchhhhh!

I'm glad to at least see one person make that reference. That role made me a fan of him. 😄

• 5 months later...