FE16 VA Discussion

21 minutes ago, Hunter Nightblood said:

Welp, that certainly sounds like Chris.

Oh boy howdy let the drama begin/continue.

Damn, it really does sound like him. I hope that he can be recast with a patch. It’s possible...right?

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If what one of the posts that stated he broke an NDA is true, that's probably why the cast was announced early. Worth noting that someone on another site pointed out his apology being posted right before the rest of the cast revealed themselves on Twitter, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Nintendo ninjas are involved and why there is no announcement of M!Byleth's voice actor. This is really unfortunate timing.

20 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Damn, it really does sound like him. I hope that he can be recast with a patch. It’s possible...right?

I mean Byleth doesn't exactly have a lot of lines so it's possible, but I doubt they'do it anyways. For however shitty the things he did can be, it seems that he's just an asshole, nothing illegal there, I doubt they'd go as far as hiring another VA and redoing every line.

Now if he broke the NDA that could be another story, we know Nintendo really doesn't like that kind of stuff.

Edited by timon

17 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Possible? Of course. Likely? Probably not.

NoA probably wouldn’t find it worth the money to recast after the game is already out, especially since the allegations aren’t proven and even then it’s hard to justify going through that effort when the guy was just a shitty boyfriend or something. Now if was behind something truly heinous crime, it would be another story.

That being said, if Chris Niosi truly did break the NDA, then he might be excluded from future titles. However, I think Rena Strober (inadvertently) broke hers before Fates released, and she’s still voicing Azura. So... maybe that might not mean much either outside of a fine or other possible punishments behind the scenes.

23 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Given that Sega of Japan did something similar a few months ago for Judgment's Japanese release when actor Pierre Taki was busted for drug use, it can be done depending on how the developers feel here. I am not sure about the logistics that would be involved here (especially an international release). Sega ended up blocking sales of the game in Japan (it was only released in Japan back then) until the developers changed the actor's likeness and voice. I'd say such a call would likely have to come from Nintendo of Japan directly and even then, it would have to be worth the trouble of doing it. Disney Japan and Square-Enix did the same thing for Kingdom Hearts 3 since Pierre was also involved in that game.

58 minutes ago, BZL8 said:

If what one of the posts that stated he broke an NDA is true, that's probably why the cast was announced early. Worth noting that someone on another site pointed out his apology being posted right before the rest of the cast revealed themselves on Twitter, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Nintendo ninjas are involved and why there is no announcement of M!Byleth's voice actor. This is really unfortunate timing. 

Annoucned early? It was exactly one week before release. It was a great marketing campaign. I don't think Chris has anything to do with this. People here are way to suspisious. Yes he isn't the nicest guy, but currently it doesn't seem like he did anything illegal or anything. Just some accusations and claims. Even if, there is no prove he leaked anything or that he wanted to be in the game only for smash.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

I mean, of course it is. However, the amount of effort required (finding a new VA, re-recording the lines, patching them in, praying nothing breaks in the process) might be too much effort for Nintendo. They might just remove him from the credits in a day 1 patch or something, and then recast him for further appearances from the inevitable myriad of variants he'll get in FE:H if he did break the NDA

Edited by Hunter Nightblood

Whether or not it is Chris, at the very least Byleth doesn't talk a lot.  However, If he really did talk about his role before the NDA(and if said allegations popped up before they were properly done recording) , it's probably why the voice reveal is so quiet for Male Byleth. Heck, he could not be credited for it(because if what some people are saying is true...I would imagine he would be the first person to jump on the VA announcement train). 

I will say though, please don't that ruin your enjoyment of the game. I know that's easier said than done, but I hope it won't. But if it does...there's always Female Byleth! :sweatdrop:

Edited by Busterman64

10 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

Whether or not it is Chris, at the very least Byleth doesn't talk a lot.  However, If he really did talk about his role before the NDA(and if said allegations popped up before they were properly done recording) , it's probably why the voice reveal is so quiet for Male Byleth. Heck, he could not be credited for it(because if what some people are saying is true...I would imagine he would be the first person to jump on the VA announcement train). 

I will say though, please don't that ruin your enjoyment of the game. I know that's easier said than done, but I hope it won't. But if it does...there's always Female Byleth! :sweatdrop:

I’ll try to ignore his voice for the most part if it’s really him.

And yeah, from what I’ve heard about him, he should have announced himself as male Byleth already just for the glory, but he’s suspiciously silent. He even congratulated another VA for a Three Houses role. This is really weird, unless Nintendo told him to keep shut about it.

30 minutes ago, Mikethemaster2018 said:

What he do I try to look it up but no luck. does he have bad past.

There are links to the allegations on the previous page as I was on the same boat as you, but a TL;DR would be he was a very manipulative and otherwise unpleasant boyfriend according to some statements from his exes as well as accounts from others that he has a big ego.

3 hours ago, Water Mage said:

I’ll try to ignore his voice for the most part if it’s really him.

And yeah, from what I’ve heard about him, he should have announced himself as male Byleth already just for the glory, but he’s suspiciously silent. He even congratulated another VA for a Three Houses role. This is really weird, unless Nintendo told him to keep shut about it.

^This is honestly the one thing that is keeping me doubting that M!Byleth is Chris. Based off of everything I hear and what I've seen, he'd probably shout about this role from the rooftops as soon as he was given the chance. The second Octopath was released, he personally came onto the subreddit to announce his role as Therion and give the list of every other VA, including listing who else voiced the main 8 travelers. Unless Nintendo intervened, it honestly feels like he would've been one of the first VAs to announce his role.

But I'll admit, I hear nothing but Therion when I heard that M!Byleth crit. Either way, we'll see when the Heroes update comes out tonight.

1 hour ago, Silverly said:

There are links to the allegations on the previous page as I was on the same boat as you, but a TL;DR would be he was a very manipulative and otherwise unpleasant boyfriend according to some statements from his exes as well as accounts from others that he has a big ego.

Oh okay I read up on the mans past and well damn sorry to hear he was a butthole to his girl and he seem full on himself. hopefully he learned from his mistakes and mature a bit

I also agree in "innocent until proven guilty," because I've seen how people abuse others' good faith by making callout posts for petty reasons, or callouts that are outright false. In the end, those types of callouts just make it harder for actual victims to get support or have their legitimate concerns be taken seriously.

In Chris's case, I do think it's just as important that people at least be aware that the allegations against him aren't just over him being "an asshole" or "a showboater." I've seen discussions about his behavior for a few years now, so it's not anything that only started recently or is related only to FE3H/Smash.

https://amethystlashiec.tumblr.com/post/149095962046/regarding-chris-kirbopher-niosi/amp

I hope that if the claims are legitimate that the affected parties can do more than just make callouts on the internet. Unfortunately, like people on this thread have pointed out, it's very easy for the wrong people to use callout culture to their advantage. In the grand scheme of things, I personally don't think they accomplish much besides causing drama and confusion.

Edit: the thing about "at least he apologized and will hopefully improve himself" is that abusers will admit to wrongdoing if it will benefit them; it doesn't necessarily mean they are actually sorry. I do believe people deserve second chances to prove they've learned from past mistakes. But that requires more than just a calculated apology as damage control.

Edited by gilbert_prosnirav

1 hour ago, gilbert_prosnirav said:

I also agree in "innocent until proven guilty," because I've seen how people abuse others' good faith by making callout posts for petty reasons, or callouts that are outright false. In the end, those types of callouts just make it harder for actual victims to get support or have their legitimate concerns be taken seriously.

In Chris's case, I do think it's just as important that people at least be aware that the allegations against him aren't just over him being "an asshole" or "a showboater." I've seen discussions about his behavior for a few years now, so it's not anything that only started recently or is related only to FE3H/Smash.

https://amethystlashiec.tumblr.com/post/149095962046/regarding-chris-kirbopher-niosi/amp

I hope that if the claims are legitimate that the affected parties can do more than just make callouts on the internet. Unfortunately, like people on this thread have pointed out, it's very easy for the wrong people to use callout culture to their advantage. In the grand scheme of things, I personally don't think they accomplish much besides causing drama and confusion.

Edit: the thing about "at least he apologized and will hopefully improve himself" is that abusers will admit to wrongdoing if it will benefit them; it doesn't necessarily mean they are actually sorry. I do believe people deserve second chances to prove they've learned from past mistakes. But that requires more than just a calculated apology as damage control.

Despite what I said earlier in this topic, I do try my best to give the benefit of the doubt. It's just...sometimes it can be a hard call to make. 

It doesn't help that a couple of people in the past few months have been revealed to do some messed up stuff. And with everything else going on in the world...it kinda puts a lot people on edge. 

With that said however...it's definitely a time where we gonna be as level-headed as we can and not assume things. Easier said than done, but we have too.

Ok, heavy stuff aside...the answers to Male Byleth will most likely be revealed shortly... 

Edited by Busterman64

10 minutes ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Based on appearance I hear Basilio's VA (who's actually the voice director for this game) so I hope it's him, idk. 

Patrick Seitz, right? He's already in as Jeritza, though he could be pulling double duty as Alois. Hell Alois is the character I'd expect him to voice based on what I've seen of him before.

Edit: he'd probably have announced it though...

Edited by Marros

23 minutes ago, Marros said:

Patrick Seitz, right? He's already in as Jeritza, though he could be pulling double duty as Alois. Hell Alois is the character I'd expect him to voice based on what I've seen of him before.

Edit: he'd probably have announced it though...

I somehow can't see Seitz being the VA for Alois, but I was wrong before... 

But yeah, I'm with you, that Seitz probably would've announced it with his Yeritza announcement

Ignoring that issue for just a second, I feel like Colleen as Kronya is a pretty welcome surprise. A lot of her most recent stuff has been role reprisals (i.e. the Sonic games). So seeing her in a new role, in an FE game, is pretty cool.