FE16 VA Discussion

Well, Cristina Vee has been canned from being Edelgard. A shame, I though she would have been good for it.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's unfortunate. I was really looking forward to her performance.

I already thought Edelgard's voice in the direct sounded like someone other than Cristina, but with this confirmation I'm guessing Edelgard's new voice is either Lauren Landa or Kira Buckland.

31 minutes ago, MGrizzly said:

That's unfortunate. I was really looking forward to her performance.

I already thought Edelgard's voice in the direct sounded like someone other than Cristina, but with this confirmation I'm guessing Edelgard's new voice is either Lauren Landa or Kira Buckland.

If it's Kira, hopefully she makes it different compared to her Eirika voice.

We already kind of have a problem with main characters having the same voice (Yuri Lowenthal using the same voice for Marth and Eliwood. Same for Greg Chun with Ike and Ephraim).

I'll give Matt Mercer a pass though, as he does a good job making Chrom and Ryoma different.

16 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

If it's Kira, hopefully she makes it different compared to her Eirika voice.

We already kind of have a problem with main characters having the same voice (Yuri Lowenthal using the same voice for Marth and Eliwood. Same for Greg Chun with Ike and Ephraim).

I'll give Matt Mercer a pass though, as he does a good job making Chrom and Ryoma different.

If Kira is Edelgard, I doubt her sounding similar would be a problem. Voice acting for mobile games is a less-involved task overall. And at the end of the day, it's really all up to the voice director.

Here, we can hear Edelgard in the beginning of the new trailer:

Spoiler

Here is Tara Platt voicing Mitsuru Kirijo from Persona(the Empress Arcana/a very similar character):

Spoiler

And, also, her work in the Fire emblem series:

Spoiler

I THOUGHT it sounded like her in the trailer before this one, and I was right! So excited to hear her as Edelgard ❤️

Edited by ColdHeartAndASummerDream
it deleted like half my post

Tara Platt huh? I've actually heard of her. One of the rare occasions we see someone who's done Disney work do voice work in a Nintendo game. The only other example I can think of is Cam Clarke who did adult Simba's singing voice for the Lion King movies and now does male Corrin in FE.

A small part of me would've liked it to be CSI Miami's Emily Proctor though, because of the RESEMBLANCE. I swear they look exactly alike aside from eye color. But I didn't really expect it, as I'm not sure Emily Proctor has ever done voice acting at all, let alone VAing for a video game, and she'd probably sound too old now.

*looks her up*

Yeah, she's only done live action stuff, and she's my mom's age now. Still, man, I can't get over how much she looks like Edelgard. 😛

34 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Tara Platt huh? I've actually heard of her. One of the rare occasions we see someone who's done Disney work do voice work in a Nintendo game. The only other example I can think of is Cam Clarke who did adult Simba's singing voice for the Lion King movies and now does male Corrin in FE.

A small part of me would've liked it to be CSI Miami's Emily Proctor though, because of the RESEMBLANCE. I swear they look exactly alike aside from eye color. But I didn't really expect it, as I'm not sure Emily Proctor has ever done voice acting at all, let alone VAing for a video game, and she'd probably sound too old now.

*looks her up*

Yeah, she's only done live action stuff, and she's my mom's age now. Still, man, I can't get over how much she looks like Edelgard. 😛

Holy heck, they DO look a LOT alike. But honestly, I feel like this is the perfect VA for Edelgard. Mitsuru and Edelgard can be kind of similar character archetypes, and she NAILED Mitsuru so well.

Edited by ColdHeartAndASummerDream
grammar

2 minutes ago, ColdHeartAndASummerDream said:

Holy heck, they DO look a LOT alike. But honestly, I feel like this is the perfect VA for Edelgard. Mitsuru and Edelgard can be kind of similar character archetypes, and she NAILED Mitsuru so well.

YES, it's so funny to me. XD I'm never gonna not think of Emily Proctor when I see Edelgard. lol

Oh yeah, I don't deny Tara Platt works for Edelgard here. Heck, the voice actually doesn't sound far from Emily Proctor imo. The only real difference is the lack of Emily's southern accent and that could've just been something she did for CSI. I'm not sure if she naturally has a southern accent. And besides that, I definitely can't see Edelgard sounding southern anyway.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

YES, it's so funny to me. XD I'm never gonna not think of Emily Proctor when I see Edelgard. lol

Oh yeah, I don't deny Tara Platt works for Edelgard here. Heck, the voice actually doesn't sound far from Emily Proctor imo. The only real difference is the lack of Emily's southern accent and that could've just been something she did for CSI. I'm not sure if she naturally has a southern accent. And besides that, I definitely can't see Edelgard sounding southern anyway.

"Y'all, we're gonna have some word with y'alls parents about the crests. How dare ya use em like dat. I'll be darned." -Southerngard 2019

3 minutes ago, ColdHeartAndASummerDream said:

"Y'all, we're gonna have some word with y'alls parents about the crests. How dare ya use em like dat. I'll be darned." -Southerngard 2019

LOL now I can't unsee that. XD

EDIT: Just looked up Emily Proctor again and she actually probably does have a natural southern accent because she's from NC. I lived down there and near everybody has a southern accent there. Now I can't unsee Edelgard as a CSI cop and Proctor as an FE lord. XD

Edited by Anacybele

Think we should at least wait for confirmation on her voice first. I've heard Erica Mendez and Lindbeck talk about telling people to NOT confirm voices on VA listing sites like IMDb at risk for the VA's jobs (Lindbeck brought it up last year regarding her showing up in a listing for Smash Bros.), so I'd like to suggest changing the title of this topic to something like "Edelgard's New VA Speculation".

Edit: Actually, scratch that; merge this with the VA thread I just saw.

Edited by NoirCore

I can definitely hear someone who sounds like Ben Diskin early on in the new trailer...

Oh, and the older Claude sounds sorta like Sean Chiplock.

8 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Think we should at least wait for confirmation on her voice first. I've heard Erica Mendez and Lindbeck talk about telling people to NOT confirm voices on VA listing sites like IMDb at risk for the VA's jobs (Lindbeck brought it up last year regarding her showing up in a listing for Smash Bros.), so I'd like to suggest changing the title of this topic to something like "Edelgard's New VA Speculation".

Edit: Actually, scratch that; merge this with the VA thread I just saw.

I've not edited anything anywhere or done anything to any VA listing sites so I'm not sure what you're coming at me for.

I said "Tara Platt is Edelgard" and then did an audio clip comparison. You can argue that Tara Platt isn't voicing Edelgard but someone else in the trailer, which is fair. I can change the title to "Here's why I think Edelgard is voiced by Tara Platt" but I'm not just going to move the entire post. Additionally, I've already posted in there stating I thought the new voice for Edelgard was Tara Platt after the second trailer/with the whole voice-swap shenanigan.

26 minutes ago, ColdHeartAndASummerDream said:

I've not edited anything anywhere or done anything to any VA listing sites so I'm not sure what you're coming at me for.

I said "Tara Platt is Edelgard" and then did an audio clip comparison. You can argue that Tara Platt isn't voicing Edelgard but someone else in the trailer, which is fair. I can change the title to "Here's why I think Edelgard is voiced by Tara Platt" but I'm not just going to move the entire post. Additionally, I've already posted in there stating I thought the new voice for Edelgard was Tara Platt after the second trailer/with the whole voice-swap shenanigan.

I didn't ask you to, I just said for the mods to move it. And you can never be too careful with situations like these. Here's a Tweet from Lindbeck about this.

https://twitter.com/ericalindbeck/status/1050553821322141696

Edited by NoirCore

Okay, I'll eat my crow now that Cassandra is definitely Sothis. I still maintain that it didn't sound like her to me in the February trailer. 😄

I think Dmitri is Ben Diskin. That's definitely Ben's voice at "You mean like a class reunion?" and I think that's Dmitri talking. Also, when Dmitri says "Kill every last one of them!", that sounds like Ben's deeper register to me.

Claude I think we can safely assume is being played by Robbie Daymond. I heard a little bit of Tobin and Mumen Rider in his voice when what sounded to be Claude was speaking

7 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Claude I think we can safely assume is being played by Robbie Daymond. I heard a little bit of Tobin and Mumen Rider in his voice when what sounded to be Claude was speaking

I think Claude sounded more like Sean Chiplock than Daymond, but perhaps i'm wrong.