Aether Raids Defense Showcase

We’ve already got a general aether raids topic, but I feel like we could use one focusing on defense teams. Want to get feedback on your setup or show off your awesome team or even just check out what other people are doing with theirs? Then here’s a place for that!

I’ll start. The basic idea is to lure the enemy into either trying to bait Cherche or to bait Ophelia, and with Ophelia’s reputation and the benefit of a defensive tile on the left a lot of people stick a bulky red or green in front of Cherche, which is exactly what I want. You’d be surprised how many people miss her Guidance seal only for Micaiah or Celica to swoop in. Because panic is everywhere the only visible buff is the Hone Fliers Cherche gets from Azura, who yes is there to provide singing support but is more there to buff Cherche (hence part of why it’s her and not her legendary counterpart). 

The biggest weakness here is Celica. Not as a unit but where she starts. She’s in the perfect position to cover Ophelia if a green tries to tank her and so that she’s still in Guidance range, but she’s also the easiest to initiate on once the obstacles are destroyed. Still, I’ve found a lot of success with this setup. 

Feel free to share your own defenses teams, serious or just fun!

E3B7F427-429C-400D-B2E0-7688538CAC15.png

Showcase thread eh? Count me in:

Here's my defence as of now. I don't know what the biggest weakness is since I don't really watch the replays, but I can imagine it's probably either Ethlyn or Lewyn. Lucina however is probably the build I'm least happy with because lack of IVs etc. Gacha right? The big problem here in placing is Julius though I think.

Now I'm not exactly an expert so apologies if this description is brief. The basic idea is the standard Ophelia stuff, as well as trying to completely stop any forms of effective approach into the map. Julius as the set in display highlights is mostly intended to be an annoyance here, as is Ethlyn (although she's probably gonna be switched to Nanna very soon, once I get Physic+, since I don't want it wasting dances on debuff removal). Lewyn and Lucina are meant to be more immediate threats and then Ophelia is just Ophelia.

As for success... Now that's actually quite hard to say. While I was in tier 19 if I even had this then (I don't remember) I think it was quite favourable, but it generally tends to vary by season. Last I checked I didn't have a single win last season although this may have changed since.

Aether Defence 05 2019.png