Weirdest Ads You've Seen?

Sub Zero

What's the weirdest ad you have ever seen? Try to keep it under control though, don't want to anger the moderators.

Also, what's with the yodeling pickle?

Edited by ~ Yuri ~

I got a spam email once that advertised a dating website for elderly people...

Just...

I mean...

I know a lot of sites track user data so that they can sell it to advertisers, but how the hell does anyone in their right mind think I want to date old people?

Also this:

t3FfG8Y.png

Again, don't understand the older person gimmick targeted towards me, but this makes even less sense.

Like...

Why is it specifically for people over 40???  What does Generic Probably Mobile Fantasy Game With Sexy (Maybe?) Woman #69 have that specifically appeals to middle-aged/elderly people?  Or is it referring specifically to 40+ year old basement dwellers who scream about feminists all day on Reddit and 4chan?

Edited by Ertrick36

6 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I got a spam email once that advertised a dating website for elderly people...

Just...

I mean...

I know a lot of sites track user data so that they can sell it to advertisers, but how the hell does anyone in their right mind think I want to date old people?

Also this:

t3FfG8Y.png

Again, don't understand the older person gimmick targeted towards me, but this makes even less sense.

Like...

Why is it specifically for people over 40???  What does Generic Probably Mobile Fantasy Game With Sexy (Maybe?) Woman #69 have that specifically appeals to middle-aged/elderly people?  Or is it referring specifically to 40+ year old basement dwellers who scream about feminists all day on Reddit and 4chan?

I get those as well, I also get nsfw ads that are targeted for people in their 50's? I don't know why...I'm only 22 lol.

Back in my 6th grade English class, we were watching banned Super Bowl commercials on YouTube, and there was one that seemed alright at first. A guy had just dropped off what I assume was his girlfriend at her house, and then he went to park his car in his garage when he got home. For whatever reason, he seemed relieved. When he got out of his car, he went around to the back of the car, opened the logo of the car like a door (or if it makes it easier to visualize, like a gas cap, but it wasn't actually the gas cap), and behind it was, well... let's just say that the image was blurred, so it's clear what it was. Ironic word choice aside, he then, uh... made a connection with his car. We'll go with that. We didn't finish the ad or the rest of the video because our teacher ran to her computer to turn it off. She had forgotten that the car ad was in there, haha. I don't think that anyone was scarred for life or anything, but it's funny to think back on.

The following TV ads:

Panda Cheese, the Terry Crews Old Spice adverts and Direct TV. All can be found with compilations, and they're all super crazy

My mom looked over my shoulder once and saw "Learn about a birth control you don't have to take every day". 

I now use ad blockers.

Let's see, the Yodeling Pickle ad you mentioned (I think I saw someone say that Weird Al has one of those), an ad for some Elsa-gate-esque flash games, an ad to pre-order Let's Go Pikachu, and, as of recently, ads for dating sites to meet Japanese women.

I also saw this (presumably local) ad for anti-underage drinking that involved (likely dead inside) teenagers saying "You know what's cool? Bottle flipping; you know what isn't cool? Underage drinking" even though it's 2019 and water bottke flipping hasn't been relevent in who knows how long.

The idea of the ad was to make me not drink while I'm underaged, but it made me want to grab the nearest bottle of booze and chug it down.

EDIT: I just got a Nutrisystem ad, which I do not need as I am 100 pounds.

Edited by Espurrhoodie

1 hour ago, indigocean said:

Back in my 6th grade English class, we were watching banned Super Bowl commercials on YouTube, and there was one that seemed alright at first. A guy had just dropped off what I assume was his girlfriend at her house, and then he went to park his car in his garage when he got home. For whatever reason, he seemed relieved. When he got out of his car, he went around to the back of the car, opened the logo of the car like a door (or if it makes it easier to visualize, like a gas cap, but it wasn't actually the gas cap), and behind it was, well... let's just say that the image was blurred, so it's clear what it was. Ironic word choice aside, he then, uh... made a connection with his car. We'll go with that. We didn't finish the ad or the rest of the video because our teacher ran to her computer to turn it off. She had forgotten that the car ad was in there, haha. I don't think that anyone was scarred for life or anything, but it's funny to think back on.

I remember a documentary about a guy who was "in a relationship" with his car.  It's one thing to do that in absence of a lover, it's an entirely different thing to cheat on a lover with a car that... has organic parts?

That reminds me...  For a long time I was confused about why Different Dimensions: Ostian Princess used a... certain select phrase about a particular orifice bleeding.  Then I was informed by my sister that it was a banned commercial from, like, the early 2000's.

1 hour ago, ~ Yuri ~ said:

I get those as well, I also get nsfw ads that are targeted for people in their 50's? I don't know why...I'm only 22 lol.

I'm lucky that the most nsfw they get is girls in skimpy clothes.

And I'm merely 24 years old.  I'm no Benjamin Franklin - people who are twice my age are strictly prohibited.

26 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Let's see, the Yodeling Pickle ad you mentioned (I think I saw someone say that Weird Al has one of those), an ad for some Elsa-gate-esque flash games, an ad to pre-order Let's Go Pikachu, and, as of recently, ads for dating sites to meet Japanese women.

I also saw this (presumably local) ad for anti-underage drinking that involved (likely dead inside) teenagers saying "You know what's cool? Bottle flipping; you know what isn't cool? Underage drinking" even though it's 2019 and water bottke flipping hasn't been relevent in who knows how long.

- Bolded: Oh boy, you caught a glimpse into the wonderful [/sarcasm] world of bootleg flash games.  Lemme guess, it either involved some disgusting body-part cleaning, disturbingly detailed surgery/medical work, or pregnancy.  I know of this crap because a streamer I watch played a lot of this shovelware.

- I both love and hate when advertisers and politicians try to appeal to kids with memes and trends.  Remember the infamous "Pokémon: Go to the Polls"?  That was some real crust.  It's like if your mother were to say to you "Hey, how's your Zelda?" when you're playing Fire Emblem Fates.

That'd definitely drive me to drink.  In fact, I probably would just go right for the goddamn Everclear.

What, no mention of mutton on a FE site? :P:

Some of my local ads get weird.  One is for a charity, and the guy's breaking up with his car.  Why in the world would a company want to associate their name with that?

I don't typically see many ads because I have very little interaction with the world at large so the weirdest one that I can think of is probably this:

Edited by Light Strategist

10 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

- Bolded: Oh boy, you caught a glimpse into the wonderful [/sarcasm] world of bootleg flash games.  Lemme guess, it either involved some disgusting body-part cleaning, disturbingly detailed surgery/medical work, or pregnancy.  I know of this crap because a streamer I watch played a lot of this shovelware.

- I both love and hate when advertisers and politicians try to appeal to kids with memes and trends.  Remember the infamous "Pokémon: Go to the Polls"?  That was some real crust.  It's like if your mother were to say to you "Hey, how's your Zelda?" when you're playing Fire Emblem Fates.

That'd definitely drive me to drink.  In fact, I probably would just go right for the goddamn Everclear.

-Yep, although granted, I knew what these sort of games were thanks to Jontron.

-Don't remind me of the "Pokemon: Go to the Polls" thing, but I do like how it unified both sides of the political aisle.

My grandma thought that FE was a spinoff of Zelda for the longest time.

Yep, although my frame if mind was partially caused by the fact that I was snowed in during the Polar Vortex, so I was kind of tired.

9 hours ago, eclipse said:

What, no mention of mutton on a FE site? :P:

Lemme fix that real quick.

It's amazing that in FEH, Dorcas says both "I had some bad mutton" and "Trust nobody".  Truly, legends never die.

2 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

My grandma thought that FE was a spinoff of Zelda for the longest time.

Yep, although my frame if mind was partially caused by the fact that I was snowed in during the Polar Vortex, so I was kind of tired.

I wanna joke about how this supposed "spin-off" managed to receive, like, 15 sequels at this point, but I feel like there actually has been a "spin-off series" of that length before in video game history.

And snow would just drive me to drink quicker.  I don't live in the midwest, but, like... I live in the kind of area where you could still see a bit of snowfall this late into the year.  I understand being absolutely sick and tired of snow.  In fact, after I'd finish shoveling in the evenings, I'd sometimes have a Happy Otter - hot chocolate mixed with a few shots of peppermint schnapps - to settle down with.  Basically, imagine minty hot chocolate that leaves you with a warm feeling in your stomach.  It's the coziest shit ever on a cold winter night, especially after shoveling foot-deep snow or breaking up a bunch of ice.

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

I wanna joke about how this supposed "spin-off" managed to receive, like, 15 sequels at this point, but I feel like there actually has been a "spin-off series" of that length before in video game history.

And snow would just drive me to drink quicker.  I don't live in the midwest, but, like... I live in the kind of area where you could still see a bit of snowfall this late into the year.  I understand being absolutely sick and tired of snow.  In fact, after I'd finish shoveling in the evenings, I'd sometimes have a Happy Otter - hot chocolate mixed with a few shots of peppermint schnapps - to settle down with.  Basically, imagine minty hot chocolate that leaves you with a warm feeling in your stomach.  It's the coziest shit ever on a cold winter night, especially after shoveling foot-deep snow or breaking up a bunch of ice.

Well, she didn't know about FE having 15 games, but she knows FE is its own series now.

Oooh! Might try that!

Obviously when I can legally drink booze.