New "Heroes" Appear: Darkness Within (May 10 ~) SPOILERS: Datamined Stats

Coolmanio

Fuck, I just realized. Once we get fallen Delthea's GHB, one could create a "Duma and his crazy possessed followers" team, since fallen Celica already exists. That's way too much power for one dragon.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, we did get one. It's not like everyone in this banner was already in the game.

The thing is, Corrin has 6 Alts already with both genders. Now it is the 7th one. 
Tiki also has 5 units and this is the 6th now. Just one new character does not cut this for me on a "new" banner. Or at least they could have chosen 2 other characters instead of Tiki and Corrin.

I expected some to be more salty about this on the banner after the salt on Adrift. Well at least its not 2 Corrins this time...

It's alts but like I really like this banner. I've been dying for a Fallen!Berkut alt with Kriemhild since the last fallen heroes banner. He looks amazing and I love everything about him from his animations to his art. Rinea though just joined Yune, appearing in another character's artwork before getting added in lol. Mareeta was a fun surprise but I hate her new a-skill. I'm not looking forward to the next powercrept a-skill. Besides her a-skill, I'm all for more Thracia rep, it desperately needs it. I love Tiki so I was hyped the moment I saw her~ she looks like fun and I'd love to build another dragon emblem team around her. Corrin is neat but I am starting to get tired of her alts. Free Delthea tho~ I like her and I use her regularly.

Haha, but I have no orbs so it's an automatic skip for me. I'd be nice to pick them up later.

Edited by ChickenBits

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

Delthea may be the reason I have to crack open the Grails, DGAF what her Skills are

Darker Aura because she's evil this time. :p

Seriously though, I'm going to guess she might have Escape Route or Wings of Mercy to reference witches being able to teleport and her being able to use it when she was a witch. Her tome is a problem since she uses Aura as an enemy and has access to it as a playable unit.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

When was this? If it was late last year, she was probably talking about legendary Azura.

I don't mind banners that mix the games. I would just rather see new characters in them than a bunch of alts. Excluding seasonal banners, of course.

I don't mind alts so long as they're at least interesting. Stupid stuff like what they did with Reinhardt and Olwen in the Thracia banner is stuff I can do without. Stuff like Fallen Heroes that show new sides to characters are alts I can get behind.

I'm curious as to how they're gonna justify this in Forging Bonds. Idunn was there, but she wasn't exactly chaotic. But here we got Berkut, and oh boy.

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I don't mind alts so long as they're at least interesting. Stupid stuff like what they did with Reinhardt and Olwen in the Thracia banner is stuff I can do without. Stuff like Fallen Heroes that show new sides to characters are alts I can get behind.

Fair, I just don't care for the fallen heroes or the Reinhardt/Olwen treatment.

Lyon is the main antagonist of his game and very close to both lords but gets skipped for every seasonal banner. Time for his time to shine in Fallen Heroes...

nvm, more Corrin and Tiki alts...haha..hahaha..

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Granted, the Demon King could show up as a Mythic but considering Yune got the Dark blessing recently, Lyon probably won't get an alt for many months.

43 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Dunno who Mareeta is

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I have no idea who Mareeta is either.

To give a detailed explanation, Mareeta is the blood daughter of Galzus.

Galzus was born the Prince of Rivough, a fiefdom within the Kingdom of Issach. Just before the start of Gen 1 Genealogy, Rivough attacks the holy fort of Darna and its royalty is presumably annihilated between Issach punishing it and and Grannvale immediately launching its campaign to conquer the whole of Issach. Galzus survived the destruction of his fiefdom and grew into a grizzled mercenary hating Issach. His mother was Ayra's unnamed older half-sister, and like his mother, he inherited the Brand of Odr, as did Mareeta.

Galzus roams the world, falls in love, and has Mareeta. Her mother then dying, Galzus decided to bring her with him everywhere.

One day however, Galzus loses track of his daughter for a moment and she is taken by slavers. Fortunately, the amnesiac yet just swordswoman Eyvel encounters the slavers and sets Mareeta free. Unable to find Galzus, Eyvel ends up settling in the village of Fiana with Mareeta, who she treats as a daughter, and who treats her as a mother, like Leif and others in Fiana- a proto-Titania + Greil in one.

In I believe Chapter 1 of Thracia 776, the Grannvale Empire, which has pursued Leif his entire life because as the Prince of Leonster he poses a threat, finds him and attacks Fiana. Having not actually played FE5, I'm sure how things go, but Mareeta and Nanna I think do get captured in the attack. Leif, Eyvel and the rest of Fiana then choose to fight to rescue the captured girls, who are sent to the evil Raydrik, Duke of Connaught under Grannvale's control.

After Chapter 3 of FE5, Leif gets captured and his forces disperse. Eyvel, able to pursue Raydrik, is caught, trapped in an arena where she is forced to protect Nanna. There, she fights the various enemies Raydrik and Veld (a dark bishop servant of Manfroy and Julius) send to fight her as they watch in pleasure thinking she'll fail. This is Chapter 5 of Thracia.

When normal soldiers fail to kill Eyvel, they bring out Mareeta, using a cursed dark sword that makes her possessed into fighting against her own mother. This is done for drama, and the villains question whether Eyvel would even think of killing her daughter. Eyvel doesn't kill Mareeta, but she does subdue her and quells the possession. 

Eyvel is captured, but Mareeta survives, and is taken in by Saias. Saias fully frees her of the curse on her sword, turning it into a purified Mareeta's Sword (Brave effect + Nihil). Mareeta then swears to master it and thanks Saias. She joins up with Leif in Chapter 12, wanting to rescue Eyvel. If you're a 100% recruitment player, you do get Eyvel again, and Mareeta even gets to recruit her dad as a Gotoh- a Level 20 Hero with awesome stats, weapons, and Astra and Luna.

From a gameplay perspective, Mareeta is an Est who joins in the middle of the midgame. Only a level 2 Myrmidon, her 60 Str, 75 Skl, 80 Spd, and 60 Lck growths are massive! They are hindered by poor concrete durability, and the universal stat caps of 20 even promoted in Thracia, but still incredible.

She also has a 5 Pursuit Critical Coefficient, which means that every single point crit she has is multiplied by 5 on a second non-Adept/Brave hit, so with a 20% Crit base, she has 100% chance to crit on second "normal" hits. And if this was not enough, don't forget that 60 use Mareeta's Sword with Brave and Nihil. She has Luna too, and via a event on a certain map can get Astra. She is in short overkill offense if you train her (not hard I think).

Also, an official Thracia 776 picture of her, and another of her and her "family":

Spoiler

mareeta.jpg

MareetaFamily.jpg

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I wonder if this increases or decreases normal Mareeta getting on a Thracia Banner

9 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Darker Aura because she's evil this time. :p

Seriously though, I'm going to guess she might have Escape Route or Wings of Mercy to reference witches being able to teleport and her being able to use it when she was a witch. Her tome is a problem since she uses Aura as an enemy and has access to it as a playable unit.

I'll take the Darkest Aura

WOM would be nice, Cain is still the only reliable way to get WOM 3 as a 4* unit~

The banner looks great! Berkut is pretty much perfection, and the rest look really nice too. Corrin's a bit random since she's the only one of them who never actually gets possessed. They could have picked Gunter or something instead, but she's still looking good. Possessed Delthea for the GHB sounds really nice too.

More power creep skills, but it's to be expected. Another round of really nice fallen alts overall, and I'd like to get them all if I weren't saving for other things right now.

30 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Personally speaking, I kind of like the mixed banners that bring in units from different games. Makes things more interesting than all characters being from the same game.

You've misread my meaning.

I have no problem with mixed banners. In fact, I think that's the only way certain characters will get into the game. But THIS banner is entirely made up of alts, minus Mareeta. If you're going to give me a mixed banner, then give me one with more than a single new character!

"Purple flames = evil" is such lazy shorthand, but then I've always been a fan of villains who are evil under their own steam and not due to some possession/corruption/whathaveyou.

My opinion on the units themselves is fairly academic since I have a grand total of 1 orb at the moment, but I wouldn't say the overall set is overly interesting. Tiki easily seems the pick of the bunch and she'd fit nicely into my otherwise-infantry dragon team. Actually, it means I could field a Tactics dragon team with regular Myrrh and Eviltiki alongside my +10 F2P pair. Definitely waiting for a legendary banner though, even if I was swimming in orbs now, if she's going to be on a split focus, she may as well share with more generally useful units.

Mareeta is strong, but a sword infantry, especially one dedicated to player phase combat, is not my thing. Berkut? I'd rather have Camus. Corrin is a case of no DC, no sale.

Anticipation for Mareeta was the reason I started playing Heroes, so I'll take any version I can get. It's bittersweet that it's basically confirmation a  proper Thracia banner will never happen.

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

The banner looks great! Berkut is pretty much perfection, and the rest look really nice too. Corrin's a bit random since she's the only one of them who never actually gets possessed. They could have picked Gunter or something instead, but she's still looking good. Possessed Delthea for the GHB sounds really nice too.

More power creep skills, but it's to be expected. Another round of really nice fallen alts overall, and I'd like to get them all if I weren't saving for other things right now.

I think this is feral dragon Corn from chapter 5 after Mikoto died. The line referring to her blood also references chapter 5. I think Gunter would have been cool as well, it'd be nice to see some love for the veterans.

Edited by ChickenBits

6 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I wonder if this increases or decreases normal Mareeta getting on a Thracia Banner

I think this makes it so that you won't see normal Mareeta in Heroes.

It also decreases the chances of there even being a Thracia banner, considering she was by far the best ranked unreleased Thracia hero in CYL.

2 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

I think this is feral dragon Corn from chapter 5 after Mikoto died. The line referring to her blood also references chapter 5. I Gunter would have been cool as well, it'd be nice to see some love for the veterans.

Yeah that's fair. Not possessed in the same way, but it still works. I like they signify it with her tail being left out.

11 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Was wondering about that. The big thing for me is that Thracia 776's Shadow Sword and her Mareeta's Sword have the same effect where in Heroes, Shadow Sword has -1 special cooldown count and a reverse Desperation. If Mareeta's Sword is closer to Thracia 776, then it would end up with a Guard effect which might not be considered good for some people, especially if the -1 special cooldown count is replaced by that. Incidentally, this could make Mareeta a reverse Celica. CYL Celica is more offensive with Royal Sword's and Double Lion's effects while witch Celica is more tanky and can be defensive with Beloved Zofia's effect. At the moment, possessed Mareeta is offensive and a regular Mareeta showing up with a Guard Effect for her sword could make her more defensive and tankier than her possessed self.

11 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I'll take the Darkest Aura

WOM would be nice, Cain is still the only reliable way to get WOM 3 as a 4* unit~

Dark Ragnarok puppet Delthea, though. :p

What could that even do to rival unique refined Ragnarok? That thing is stupid.

Speaking of Corrin, I guess M!Corrin might get a fallen alt in the future where he has Ganglari? The moment I saw F!Corrin, I thought she was going to show up with it, but nope, a drunk, somewhat hungry-looking colorless dragon who vomits purple drink on people.

Edited by Kaden

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To give a detailed explanation, Mareeta is the blood daughter of Galzus.

Galzus was born the Prince of Rivough, a fiefdom within the Kingdom of Issach. Just before the start of Gen 1 Genealogy, Rivough attacks the holy fort of Darna and its royalty is presumably annihilated between Issach punishing it and and Grannvale immediately launching its campaign to conquer the whole of Issach. Galzus survived the destruction of his fiefdom and grew into a grizzled mercenary hating Issach. His mother was Ayra's unnamed older half-sister, and like his mother, he inherited the Brand of Odr, as did Mareeta.

Galzus roams the world, falls in love, and has Mareeta, her mother then dying, Galzus decided to bring her with him everywhere.

One day however, Galzus loses track of his daughter for a moment and she is taken by slavers. Fortunately, the amnesiac yet just swordswoman Eyvel encounters the slavers and sets Mareeta free. Unable to find Galzus, Eyvel ends up settling in the village of Fiana with Mareeta, who she treats as a daughter, and who treats her as a mother, like Leif and others in Fiana- a proto-Titania + Greil in one.

In I believe Chapter 1 of Thracia 776, the Grannvale Empire, which has pursued Leif his entire life because as the Prince of Leonster he poses a threat, finds him and attacks Fiana. Having not actually played FE5, I'm sure how things go, but Mareeta and Nanna I think do get captured in the attack. Leif, Eyvel and the rest of Fiana then choose to fight to rescue the captured girls, who are sent to the evil Raydrik, Duke of Connaught under Grannvale's control.

After Chapter 3 of FE5, Leif gets captured and his forces disperse. Eyvel, able to pursue Raydrik, is caught, trapped in an arena where she is forced to protect Nanna. There, she fights the various enemies Raydrik and Veld (a dark bishop servant of Manfroy and Julius) send to fight her as they watch in pleasure thinking she'll fail. This is Chapter 5 of Thracia.

When normal soldiers fail to kill Eyvel, they bring out Mareeta, using a cursed dark sword that makes her possessed into fighting against her own mother. This is done for drama, and the villains question whether Eyvel would even think of killing her daughter. Eyvel doesn't kill Mareeta, but she does subdue her and quells the possession. 

Eyvel is captured, but Mareeta survives, and is taken in by Saias. Saias fully frees her of the curse on her sword, turning it into a purified Mareeta's Sword (Brave effect + Nihil). Mareeta then swears to master it and thanks Saias. She joins up with Leif in Chapter 12, wanting to rescue Eyvel. If you're a 100% recruitment player, you do get Eyvel again, and Mareeta even gets to recruit her dad as a Gotoh- a Level 20 Hero with awesome stats, weapons, and Astra and Luna.

From a gameplay perspective, Mareeta is an Est who joins in the middle of the midgame. Only a level 2 Myrmidon, her 60 Str, 75 Skl, 80 Spd, and 60 Lck growths are massive! They are hindered by poor concrete durability, and the universal stat caps of 20 even promoted in Thracia, but still incredible.

She also has a 5 Pursuit Critical Coefficient, which means that every single point crit she has is multiplied by 5 on a second non-Adept/Brave hit, so with a 20% Crit base, she has 100% chance to crit on second "normal" hits. And if this was not enough, don't forget that 60 use Mareeta's Sword with Brave and Nihil. She has Luna too, and via a event on a certain map can get Astra. She is in short overkill offense if you train her (not hard I think).

Also, an official Thracia 776 picture of her, and another of her and her "family":

Reveal hidden contents

mareeta.jpg

MareetaFamily.jpg

Wow, I didn't expect a long explanation and stuff. But thanks for clarifying.

Alts are dumb. Dragon armors are dumb. Karma pays us back for a wonderful streak of New Heroes banners with a "New Heroes" banner. No I don't care about the Thracia squeeze. Go back to what we were doing.

Okay, I am happy for Thracia fans, even though I don't know anything about that game. I dislike Berkut, but will just go ahead and ignore him.

Seeing Tiki like that hurts. Didn't expect the poor girl to get another alt like that, especially when I am already saving up for her legendary.

But what makes me mad is that they have her sharing a colour with Corrin. My least favourite character in all FE. Was that really necessary?? Ugh I am not sure of I shouldn't hold back for now and wait for more favourable conditions. This is honestly dumb.

54 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I doubt it. He's very unpopular. Female Corrin will surely be the legendary Corrin, if there is one. Cause you know, "waifu" bait.

Anyway, this is a skip for me. Fallen Heroes last year bored me, this carbon copy bores me too. Especially with seeing the millionth Corrin in it. I just think this is the most boring way IS has done alts. They're just the same character in the same outfits but turned bad. Nothing remotely interesting about them. Other alts at least give the characters different outfits and all. Sword Rein and Green Olwen are kinda boring too because they didn't even change clothes.

But I'm happy to get to skip this, I want to save up a lot of orbs right now, as Summer Freddy's return is in a couple months and I need to pull five of him. xP

Also, that Berkut is creepy as shit, keep that away from me. ._.

He may not be the most popular, but the avatar characters have currently some pattern going on; both have 2 regular with the same or similar theme while also having a special variation based on a holiday. Female Robin isn’t nearly as popular as her female counterpart, and she still has 3 variations. 

Skipping this banner though. Everyone is here rather unesscary. Especially Tiki. At the very least her Adults form more representation.