New "Heroes" Appear: Darkness Within (May 10 ~) SPOILERS: Datamined Stats

Coolmanio

Bless this banner being an easy skip for me now that I'm really serious about saving orbs. The fallen theme never did much for me, except for Male Grima who I really like.

Very sad this probably lessens the chances of Mareeta actually appearing in her normal form, I would've preferred that way more. But she's already an infantry sword in this one and we never saw Hardin or Charlotte either so I very much doubt it.

They sure made Tiki boring, it's practically her legendary form but with worse art imo. Well good for me, or else I might've pulled for her. Kinda sad though, cause her chibi looks amazing.

Very curious about Delthea, but very scared she's going to be yet another free red mage infantry, the thing I need the least (after another red sword infantry). Oh well, I doubt I would've liked her art anyway, the fallen theme is not for me.

Tickets are going to colorless cause bigger chance to get something there because of color share. Mostly hoping for Corrin for Atk/Spd Solo, might be able to skip red on the next legendary then which would be nice.

Looking forward to the FB though, that sure is going to be most interesting one so far.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, guess my most wanted is in. Didn't really expect it to happen that way, in her possessed form and with three alts(do I hear four?) around her.

Also in general I'm frankly surprised more people aren't displeased about this banner. More alts, more Fates, more alts of characters that already had plenty.

Edited by Cysx

As others said it seems like this banner is just going to be a half-arsed way to show us they didn't forget about Echoes, or Thracia, and now we can't say we don't get new units from said games. Still, except for Tiki and Corrin I'm good with these characters. Berkut looks quite fun to use, and - should I pull him - will probably make me use animations for that Rinea (Echoes best gurl, fite me irl), and free units are always nice. So my priority list will be Berkut > Mareeta. That's it. I couldn't care less about another armour dragon or Corrin.
Also, with Echoes getting some more attention lately (picnic banner, Alm, refines....), I hope we will either get Valbar in the game, or get a useful refine for Leon. But, be happy with what you have I guess, so I'm not going to get my hopes up yet.

32 minutes ago, Mau said:

Very sad this probably lessens the chances of Mareeta actually appearing in her normal form, I would've preferred that way more. But she's already an infantry sword in this one and we never saw Hardin or Charlotte either so I very much doubt it.

Maybe it's true, but this is the first version of Mareeta we met in Thracia as well - wielding a shadow sword, which possessed her. But later we got Mareeta who learned Astra and had the same sword purified - which gave her brave effect and Nihil, negating enemy skills during combat.

Anyway, it's been ages since we got a Thracia unit into the game, and she comes with a pretty neat skillset, I'm spending all my tickets for her. I know Thracia is the forgotten Fire Emblem game, but I hope we get back to it, just so we can get Othin (and I'm up for Mareeta alt). 

1 hour ago, Roland said:

From what I heard, Kris was the least popular of the avatars. Though if you ask me, all three of them eat trash for a living.

Good for you bub

Another alt & Berkut is the exception

We only get one new heroes banner per month now, and that one is being used to give us 4 alts and 1 new hero rather than using this banner for the special heroes where it belongs. Even if these are a rare case of good alts, this disgusts me.

And, of course, I'm calling no demotions, which, again, should have made this our special heroes, not our new heroes.

And RIP any chance of regular Berkut becoming a better unit.

Edited by Etheus

So, another fallen heroes banner. I mean, I wish this was more of a "Special "Heroes"" category myself. What are the chances not one drops?

First off, HOLY SHIT MAREETA'S IN if I didn't have near 20 infantry swords I'd be on that and she has a Shadow Sword (Special Cooldown and Desperation 2 or Forseti's effect?), Luna, Flashing Blade 4 (Flashing Blade's effect but she also gets +5 damage on top of that) and Null Follow-Up. Next Berkut's finally corrupted and Rinea's in his art (RIP Rinea?) and he's got Kreimhild (If 2-range enemy attacks and Berkut has an ally in range, he can freely counter and opponent won't double, but the ally takes 20 damage (Jesus Abusive much?)), Reprisal, Warding Stance 4 (Just like Surtr's but Res) and Odd Res Wave. He's probably tanky. Corrin is finally evil (And another Colourless dragon) and has Savage Breath (Atk +3, Grants Xx2 to all stats the less aliies are nearby and adaptive damage), Dragon Fang, Atk/Spd Solo and Sudden Panic (Which has Aversa's conditions to inflict panic, interesting). Tiki's also colourless (and No. 6! Counting A!Tiki (which I kind of don't)) but she's armoured and has Razing Breath (It's Divine Breath but not.), Ignis, Brazen Atk/Spd, Special Fighter (Oh no, what's her speed?) and Solitary Dream (If she's alone or next to dragons grants +4 to stats and moves +1). Also apparently Evil Delthea's going to be free.

I think it'll be stats that decide how I proceed, but Tiki looks like a real good bet honestly. Colourless is the way to go.

i didn't like last year's fallen heroes banner

well, now i can say i downright hate F.H. banners

1) if a character is not already in heroes, it's highly likely that said character's not getting a base version after the F.H. one, which pisses me off (base hardin wouldn't be that profitable, and base mareeta would just be fallen mareeta, except without those purple flames)

2) 7th corrin and 6th tiki, this already speaks for itself

3) this is not how you add new characters from poorly represented games such as SoV and Thracia (still better than WT rein and olwen, but not that much)

4) no one's getting demoted

300% absolute skip, i hope i can forget about this soon

EDIT: before someone quotes me saying "but these artworks are super cool!!"

yeah, i know, they're very good (except for corrin who looks like that red-head dragon girl from that one anime i can't remember the name except silver-haired, and looks drunk/horny af; also F.H. tiki is literally angry legendary tiki with a buncha purple flames on her), berkut and mareeta are gorgeous

but i'm sorry, i care more about how characters and banners are handled, than how good said characters'/banners' artworks are

Edited by Yexin

58 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Maybe it's true, but this is the first version of Mareeta we met in Thracia as well - wielding a shadow sword, which possessed her.

Well she does speak with Ledrick in chapter 1, so not quite. As an unit though, yup.

I hate this banner. 4:1 female : male ratio - despite it usually being males that are corrupted and villains - and no chance of drops. Why is this rubbish the only type of mixed banner we get outside of seasonal now? 

Mareeta looks cool, but I'd rather have a Thracia banner with all new characters. I would pull for her, but I'm not going to use another infantry sword. She'll be my secondary colour if blues aren't avl. 

Berkut looks amazing - not going to lie there. The addition of Rinea is a nice touch and the animation is fantastic. Tempted to go for him for that alone. 

Tiki and Corrin did not need to be on this banner. They both look bland as hell to me - just their legendary / normal art with maybe blank eyes and flames. I would say cool tail, but Corrin already has that and it looks better to me in her original special art. Not to mention she's just forced into this banner. There are way more deserving characters than these two, who have way less alts (as in none) and would be way more interesting. Not to mention they both look like they're going to be really annoying to deal with. Great these two already popular characters have skills to really help them be whalebait, so they can be pointed to as proof that people will always pull for them. 

I just plain don't like Delthea. Wish she wasn't the freebie. Never going to use her. That being said, happy for those that want her, and at least she doesn't have an alt already. 

Wow, this banner has soured any hopes I've had for future banners, given to me by the last few new heroes. Guessing the one after this will be a seasonal of 4:1. All the fun. 

3 hours ago, coldhand25 said:

As others said it seems like this banner is just going to be a half-arsed way to show us they didn't forget about Echoes, or Thracia, and now we can't say we don't get new units from said games. 

Yes for Tracia but April was actually very genereus to Echoes. Fallen Berkut seems more of a continuation of this attention than an attempt to robb Echoes of its due.

And both Mareeta and Berkut are just among the most logical picks. Berkut is Alm's rival and his fall is the culmination of his arc. Mareeta is Leif's little sister and her capture and brainwashing is a notable part of her tale. Reason enough to pick them outside of it being a bone thrown to silence neglected fans.

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Naturally fast units will be able to reap the benefits nicely though, and we do have Darting Blow as a Sacred Seal should they still need an extra boost. Darting Stance might be good to, as long as the Blade passives work on both phases and you're using an EP speedster...

So it can work either way, really. [Attack and Speed A slot] and Flashing Blade 3 SS, Flashing Blade 4 and Darting Blow 3 SS. At that point I think the question becomes if you need the effects of Flashing Blade on more than one unit...

I guess that is true. Flashing Blade-Darting Stance's 5/6/0/0 is technically better stats wise than Fury/Swift Sparrow/Life and Death-Flashing Blade's 3/3/3/3, 4/4/0/0, or 5/5/-5/-5 right now. Although once they release Atk/Spd A skills as Sacred Seals, Flashing Blade will fall to the wayside again with two Atk/Spd A skills being generally better.

Overall its a bit of a hit and miss banner.

Berkut and Mareeta really embody the theme if the banner and got great art to boot. Berkut being glomped by his burned queen is a particularly nice touch.

But Corrin really doesn't belong here. She was never a fallen hero. Corrin went berserk in chapter 5 rather than getting corrupted. You even hear it in Corrin's dialogue here where's she's trying to hold herself back. Corrin's presence likely isn't because Corrin belonged on it but because they think Berkut and Mareeta are too risky to go without a Fates heavy hitter. Sumeragi would probably have worked better.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Rinea as part of Berkut's art is clever. I've commented that it'd be hard to make Fallen Rinea a full character since she isn't a person anymore, but this gives her some presence and probably foreshadows a seasonal version. Maybe as soon as the bride banner later this month.

11 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

But Corrin really doesn't belong here. She was never a fallen hero. Corrin went berserk in chapter 5 rather than getting corrupted. Corrin's presence likely isn't because Corrin belonged on it but because they think Berkut and Mareeta are too risky to go without a Fates heavy hitter. Sumeragi would probably have worked better.

As long as the character went berserk, possessed, lost their normal mind, or basically not being themselves, Intelligent Systems sees them as qualifying and belonging in the Focus.

Edited by XRay

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

As long as the character went berserk, possessed, lost their normal mind, or basically not being themselves, Intelligent Systems sees them as qualifying and belonging in the Focus.

So basically it’s just the berserker class from Fate gotchya

Finally, Berkut has an alt that will do him justice. Honestly, he should've had the Kreimheld from the start.

Although, tbh, this kind of makes the FE5 banner from last year even more anger inducing when Mareeta could’ve been added a year earlier as her regular self, only to be added a year later as her possessed self cuz of Master Sword Reinhardt.

I'll probably try to use my free summon tickets for either Berkut or Mareeta. After that, I'm going back to saving, cuz Legendary Alm brutally murdered my orb count XP

31 minutes ago, XRay said:

ike got mad at sanaki during PoR, so you could say he """lost his normal mind"""...

Fallen Ike real shit?!?!?

Edited by Yexin

2 minutes ago, Yexin said:

ike got mad at sanaki during PoR, so you could say he """lost his normal mind"""...

Fallen Ike real shit?!?!?

I mean losing their mind as in losing their consciousness or personality, not losing their mind in terms of anger.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I mean losing their mind as in losing their consciousness or personality, not losing their mind in terms of anger.

i know, i know

i was just joking about how stupid and tryhard corrin's reason for being in this banner is

Ooh, now this is a good banner.

Berkut looks amazing, and his animations are perfect.

I don't know who Mareeta is, I know she's from Thracia, but she looks good.

Female Corrin...eh. If it was male Corrin, I would probably pull for him, but it's not.

Tiki! Always nice to see more Tiki alts, though I do wonder why they aren't giving adult Tiki more alts. As far as I'm concerned, this is Young Tiki's fourth alt, which is a nice number as I can now make Young Tiki Emblem.

Berkut and Tiki are top priorities.