New "Heroes" Appear: Darkness Within (May 10 ~) SPOILERS: Datamined Stats

Coolmanio

59 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Overall its a bit of a hit and miss banner.

Berkut and Mareeta really embody the theme if the banner and got great art to boot. Berkut being glomped by his burned queen is a particularly nice touch.

But Corrin really doesn't belong here. She was never a fallen hero. Corrin went berserk in chapter 5 rather than getting corrupted. You even hear it in Corrin's dialogue here where's she's trying to hold herself back. Corrin's presence likely isn't because Corrin belonged on it but because they think Berkut and Mareeta are too risky to go without a Fates heavy hitter. Sumeragi would probably have worked better.

Or Scarlet. In fact, Ashnard would have also worked too cuz of Berserk Ashnard

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marth got beaten out of Choose your legends and barely gets any alt. If that is not a reason for him to be possessed or losing control over himself. I would dig him to be in the next possessed banner.

He is possessed by the Voices of all Marth fans struggling to get him another Alt.

Oh and btw, we also could put Anna in this too. Anna is possessed by Anna of course. So it will be FEH Anna possessed by Awakening Anna. Or another one who knows. 

53 minutes ago, Yexin said:

ike got mad at sanaki during PoR, so you could say he """lost his normal mind"""...

Fallen Ike real shit?!?!?

Let's not forget Eliwood's unexpected and good outburst at Queen Hellene for being a bad mom to Zephiel. Or Hector having an outburst at Jaffar. Or Sigurd at Arvis just before he dies. Or I know! How about Tiki from the Harvest Scramble DLC when she in her adult form gets angry at Anna I think for having her humiliatingly wear her former Child Tiki clothes now as an adult and they don't fit?

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Sumeragi would probably have worked better.

Who is this guy? He isn't a gorgeously young mother like Mikoto, nor a creep like Garon. What does he have in his favor? Scarlet would've made more sense for the Fates pick. But nope, that is just too darned risky.

This banner is unpleasing to me, the first NH to be unjust since I started actually playing back in January. Good riddance FBs don't have Orbs associated with them beyond a once a day play. I find this game a total chore. At least I can rebuild Orbs for a banner probably sometime next year that'll appeal to me, since I don't want OCs, Braves, Seasonals, or 3H, all of which will probably hog this year banners from ~July-December. A Ranulf or others reappearance, maybe Jill in Farfetched, and just perhaps another good banner tossed in there somewhere, but otherwise, I don't see myself summoning all that much for the remainder of this year. At least the first four months were pretty darn good for me!

30 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Marth got beaten out of Choose your legends and barely gets any alt. If that is not a reason for him to be possessed or losing control over himself. I would dig him to be in the next possessed banner.

He is possessed by the Voices of all Marth fans struggling to get him another Alt.

Or how about Bad Ending Mystery Marth? He failed to recollect the Spheres and restore the Binding Shield. Thus, Medeus fully resurrected with the four clerics all well and truly dead, the Earth Dragons ran rampant, and Gharnef was still amock. Although in the end he managed to kill Gharnef, slay Medeus and restore the Binding Shield, his failure to do sooner cost the lives of millions of people, including many dear friends, and Tiki had to be euthanized before she went fully degenerate. Thus in this post-Earth Dragon rampage world, Marth rules as a regretful, heavily depressed and physically and mentally scarred king. He is only 43, but looks like 58.

-Provided Gharnef didn't corrupt Marth with the Darksphere during these decades of war due to his profound sorrow and thus turn him into his puppet who slew Medeus and was then himself killed. Thus leaving Gharnef the sole ruler of the continent, with the only hero able to possibly save it being Alm on the distant shores of Valentia which Gharnef eventually tries invading. -Assuming this isn't also one where Jedah won out.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

@Interdimensional Observer "Let's not forget Eliwood's unexpected and good outburst at Queen Hellene for being a bad mom to Zephiel. Or Hector having an outburst at Jaffar. Or Sigurd at Arvis just before he dies. Or I know! How about Tiki from the Harvest Scramble DLC when she in her adult form gets angry at Anna I think for having her humiliatingly wear her former Child Tiki clothes now as an adult and they don't fit?"

absolutely splendid

Edited by Yexin

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or how about Bad Ending Mystery Marth? He failed to recollect the Spheres and restore the Binding Shield. Thus, Medeus fully resurrected with the four clerics all well and truly dead, the Earth Dragons ran rampant, and Gharnef was still amock. Although in the end he managed to kill Gharnef, slay Medeus and restore the Binding Shield, his failure to do sooner cost the lives of millions of people, including many dear friends, and Tiki had to be euthanized before she went fully degenerate. Thus in this post-Earth Dragon rampage world, Marth rules as a regretful, heavily depressed and physically and mentally scarred king. He is only 43, but looks like 58.

-Provided Gharnef didn't corrupt Marth with the Darksphere during these decades of war due to his profound sorrow and thus turn him into his puppet who slew Medeus and was then himself killed. Thus leaving Gharnef the sole ruler of the continent, with the only hero able to possibly save it being Alm on the distant shores of Valentia which Gharnef eventually tries invading. -Assuming this isn't also one where Jedah won out.

You should be a writer at Insys. 

Yeah this could work out. Sadly they do not explain much to new ideas in FEH. But a kind of a real what if banner instead of Adrift 2 would be ok I think.  

1 hour ago, Stroud said:

Marth is fine. he got two alts with one in particular being very well received. Some lords are still desperately waiting for just one alt. 

Listen, I know male Corrin isn't the least popular ever. But he's the least popular of the Robins and Corrins, so my point is why make him a legendary/mythic when female Corrin is a lot more popular?

And they missed a perfect chance to put in Eremiya... Seriously, we have the other New Mystery assassins, and we have had them for a while... It's a travesty she hasn't even been mentioned yet... She could have been the GHB, or even replacing Corrin... I feel like it would work a lot better than what we got in either case...

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Listen, I know male Corrin isn't the least popular ever. But he's the least popular of the Robins and Corrins, so my point is why make him a legendary/mythic when female Corrin is a lot more popular?

For the same reason that they made female Robin the legendary when male Robin is the iconic (and probably canon) version of the character - just because they can.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Popularity isn't or shouldn't be the only metric. Maybe they want parity between the genders, maybe they just think its the right artistic choice, maybe a legendary Corrin would focus on hoshido which has always been associated with male Corrin or maybe they won't even make him a legendary at all. 

More like "A new Hero" + Special Heroes 2.0

I feel sorry for those, who still believe in game representation for Hereos ( I thought the constant Fates-bias and addition of more seasonal banners made it pretty clear, that this won't be a thing any time soon).

Must be very depressing for fans who enjoy the series as whole & their strong supporting cast (that probably won't make it into this game) to watch these pseudo New Hero banners.

Edited by fOrEiGn sOUl

14 minutes ago, Etheus said:

For the same reason that they made female Robin the legendary when male Robin is the iconic (and probably canon) version of the character - just because they can.

Except the popularity gap between male and female Robin isn't nearly as big.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except the popularity gap between male and female Robin isn't nearly as big.

And? By your own metric, male Robin should have been the legendary. I certainly wanted male Robin to be the legendary.

I do agree that female Corrin should be the legendary for Corrin.

3 minutes ago, Etheus said:

And? By your own metric, male Robin should have been the legendary. I certainly wanted male Robin to be the legendary.

I do agree that female Corrin should be the legendary for Corrin.

No, because female Robin still has more popularity than male Corrin. Probably enough to work as a legendary even if male Robin is more popular. Male Corrin I just see as having too little popularity even compared to that.

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

I can actually see them going back and adding a Male Robin Legendary. Grandmaster Robin why not? They've already used Lucina and Female Robin, leaving only Chrom left for Awakening Legendaries. It's a very safe pick being Awakening and a main character, not a dangerous gamble that could kill this game in a single stroke like Seliph (who FYI I'm not a big fan of).

Furthermore, Robin invented Pair Up well not exactly that was Sumia so it'd only be appropriate if he or Chrom got a Legendary form that had that function. Grima doesn't believe in friendship, only fiendship, so they can't go back and retroactively give it to them.

9 hours ago, Florete said:

I'm guessing you meant "male counterpart" there.

This statement isn't very accurate, though. While male Robin has typically been more popular, it's never been to a large degree. And then female Robin out-placed male in CYL 3 with over twice as many votes.

She got vote brigaded by a Youtuber in CYL3, so her position is inaccurate to her actual popularity.

Male Robin did beat the female version by a reasonable amount (16th vs. 24th) in CYL1, which is the only CYL that should be taken remotely seriously considering how the motivations of voting changed with CYL2 and beyond. But I do agree the popularity difference between the Robin's is not to a large degree. Especially compared to the Corrin's (9th vs. 41st).

10 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Thanks.

Hm, I usually like the Jap dubbings, but I actually disliked this Berkut. I didn't like the echo and the tone of the voice felt like stuff I already heard thousands of times in anime.

His Eng deep voice feels more unique, imo.

Edited by Lanko

Legendary Robin should've never been Grima imo. A legendary Robin makes way more sense in the Grandmaster class and wielding the Levin Sword. And Grima sucks imo.

Anyway, I just saw that this banner is getting an FB. Seriously? An FB with villainous possessed characters? I guess they're going back to shitty writing again. :/ This could not possibly work well at all. This will be the first FB I skip entirely. I play it mainly for the writing now since it improved.